• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Skins

• Thread starter SaintsFan_Webby
  • Start date
S

SaintsFan_Webby

Anybody else found themselves hooked by this program?

I only started watching on Friday to try and find out what all the hype was about, but since then have caught up with all the episodes released so far.

For anyone not sure what I'm talking about:

Skins website

Having initially thought it looked like mindless rubbish, i'm amazed just how good the scripts and character development have proven to be.

I think you mabye have to be of a certain age to fully appreciate the programme, but I love the way they take real ife issues, things you can really relate to, and exaggerate them to the fullest extent.

It's also one of the few programs in recent history where I've found myself really caring about what happens to the characters.

Brilliant cast as well, lots of familiar faces.

Unusual to find soemthing which manages to combine funny and moving moments so well.

I'm a big fan, as you can probably tell.

For anyone who hasn't watched it, www.alluc.org has links to all the episodes for online viewing.

Or for UK users, this service is available via the Skins Myspace site.

Yes! its brilliant

sid makes me laugh so much!

i think the reason i like it so much is that i can relate most of the characters' traits to my friends, apart from the crazy anorexic girl, but shes just funny

I am gonna have to watch this, heard a lot about this...
[/b]

I initially dismissed it based on the random trailers, but it's very very good.

Sid is my favourite character, closely followed by Cassie. Why aren't they together yet? Damn you script writers!

I have heard some peope moaning about Nick Hoult's acting, but I think he does a superb job. Really makes you hate his character, which is I think the entire point.

First episode was good, nest 2 were pretty poor but I thought the Russian episode was as good as the first one. Good to have some quality still on now that Shameless has finished up.

First episode was good, nest 2 were pretty poor but I thought the Russian episode was as good as the first one. Good to have some quality still on now that Shameless has finished up.
[/b]

Really?

I thought the Russian one was the worst so far.

Episode 5, the one about Sid, has probably been my favourite so far. Although episode 1 was also very good. As was the one all about Chris.

lol i thought this was about the skins that you wear!....pointless post on my behalf i guess :p...anyway...

It sounds and looks good so i might check it out. Thanks for the heads up about it :)

It sounds and looks good so i might check it out. Thanks for the heads up about it :)
[/b]

The only thing you have to be wary of is that you may not 'get' some of the jokes, particularly some of the exaggerations of certain sections of society, if you aren't British.

Still well worth watching though.