• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Sonny Bill injured - again

Benji is also over rated imo.

His attacking is average....
But his defence is ****...all he did in the opening game was do that pass at the end. LOL

Every time I saw him in the NRL last season he was absolutely sensational, I don't think I have ever seen a step as good as his. His passing is excellent and he is very, very nippy. I don't really look at his defence, even though defence is everybody's job, so I won't comment, but attacking wise, I don't know if there is a better 6 in the game at this moment in time...

I prefer his step over khunts any day <_<

And before anyone says sonny bill is over rated...ima just say this!!

How can he be over rated when he hasnt played enough games to even be rated at all really :rolleyes:

Just thought id say that :D

I was very pleased when we were linked with him this time last year, not that we had a realistic chance of signing him.

If BENJI MARSHALL is known for his sidestep, SBW is known for THAT shoulder charge....

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Mar 31 2006, 08:27 PM
If BENJI MARSHALL is known for his sidestep, SBW is known for THAT shoulder charge....
It's almost as if they swapped injuries! :eek:

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Mar 31 2006, 06:35 PM
Johns is overrated ak47. but because of this, I know about his problems, tell me more about BENJI MARSHALL. I know he has some shoulder injuries, but maybe they're worse than I thought judging by the contents of this thread....
John's is only over-rated in the sense that people (as happened in the ESL) expected him to be a one man team... he's not, but when playing with a team on his wave length (ie Newcastle and NSW) he turns absolutely everything to gold and generally speaking they utterly humiliate their opposition.

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Apr 1 2006, 01:34 AM
Ah, but you said he was going to do that at Warrington.

And he didn't.
Meh... I was going on the theory that the team around him would lift and play to his style. Obviously that didn't happen.

Oooh Sonny's shoulder charge on Joel Clinton in the finals of 04....f*** that was big....still gives me shivers just thinking bout it :huh: B)

Man i hope he has a good year this year ... *hopes*... :ph34r:

Warrington is a very bad team though. Not to mention the fact that Johns was over hyped, jet lagged and sore after a long season. Anyone who thought Joey was going to play to his potential is an idiot.

Originally posted by Wally@Apr 1 2006, 02:15 PM
Warrington is a very bad team though. Not to mention the fact that Johns was over hyped, jet lagged and sore after a long season. Anyone who thought Joey was going to play to his potential is an idiot.
Hello!!

Stacey Jones played in the tri nations final after flying out from britain one week to see his son be born...then fly back to britain like 24hrs before the game and still managed to play to his full potentional.

I guess Andrew Johns just wasnt commited like Stacey Jones is/was.

Originally posted by Wally@Apr 1 2006, 03:15 AM
But everyone on here ran to the bookies to throw money on Warrington!

One man not maketh a team, no matter how good he is.

The best SBW shoulder charge was on Marcus Bai in 2005's World Club Challenge. Marcus Bai is no small guy but he just got utterly destroyed!

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC+Apr 1 2006, 09:12 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Wally
@Apr 1 2006, 03:15 AM
But everyone on here ran to the bookies to throw money on Warrington!

One man not maketh a team, no matter how good he is.

The best SBW shoulder charge was on Marcus Bai in 2005's World Club Challenge. Marcus Bai is no small guy but he just got utterly destroyed! [/b]
I have that on my computer somewhere i think :D

Originally posted by Kimmy_The_Kiwi+Apr 1 2006, 01:25 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Wally
@Apr 1 2006, 02:15 PM
Hello!!

Stacey Jones played in the tri nations final after flying out from britain one week to see his son be born...then fly back to britain like 24hrs before the game and still managed to play to his full potentional.

I guess Andrew Johns just wasnt commited like Stacey Jones is/was. [/b]
Jones was also helped by the fact that that Aussie team had a worse completion rate than Souths in 2002...

Originally posted by sanzar+Apr 1 2006, 11:34 PM-->
Originally posted by Kimmy_The_Kiwi@Apr 1 2006, 01:25 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Wally

Hello!!

Jones was also helped by the fact that that Aussie team had a worse completion rate than Souths in 2002... [/b]
Your point is??

He still played well. :)

Originally posted by Kimmy_The_Kiwi+Apr 1 2006, 11:49 PM-->
Originally posted by sanzar@Apr 1 2006, 11:34 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Wally

Hello!!

Jones was also helped by the fact that that Aussie team had a worse completion rate than Souths in 2002...
Your point is??

He still played well. :) [/b]
Don't mind sanzar.

He's just defending their former national game until they're the best in the world again.

...Hence the sudden change towards AFL...

Helen, this bait you gave me is ****. What the hell can I catch with this?

A boot?

A fist?

Originally posted by kaftka+Apr 1 2006, 11:00 PM-->
Originally posted by Kimmy_The_Kiwi@Apr 1 2006, 11:49 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Wally

Hello!!

Your point is??

Don't mind sanzar.

He's just defending their former national game until they're the best in the world again.

[/b]
Pls don't mention AFL again...

Originally posted by sanzar+Apr 2 2006, 12:12 AM-->
Originally posted by kaftka@Apr 1 2006, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by Kimmy_The_Kiwi@Apr 1 2006, 11:49 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Wally

Hello!!

Your point is??

Don't mind sanzar.

Pls don't mention AFL again... [/b]
Sorry AFL... Sanzar. Sanzar.

AFL Sanzar.

I mean Sorry AFL.

I mean AFL AFL.

AFL sorry AFL.

I AFL AFL sanzar...

AFL mean.... I mean AF... Sorry AFL AFL AFL AFL AFL

Latest posts