January

2-6 3rd Test, Sydney

9 Twenty20 International, Brisbane

10 v Queensland, Brisbane

13 v Queensland Academy, Brisbane

VB Series fixtures: Australia v South Africa v Sri Lanka
27 v Prime Minister's XI, Canberra

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

ICC seem to be getting into a tiz over the prematch banter going on between the teams. **** sake just let them get on with it, should be a decent series but the Aussies will come out on top methinks.

Great comeback by the Proteas to have the Saggy Greens all out for 258. Now I hope the Proteas survive the rest of day one with no wickets falling.
* Groen_en_Goud knocks on wood *

<
0 for 38 at the close of play on day 1. Well done Ntini!!

Be interesting to see how Smith and De Villiers cope first thing tomorow. There's bound to be something there for the bowlers afterall it is the Wacca.

What reasons did Ponting give for batting first?

Shaping up to be a good series hope the boys can keep it up!

LOL @ Andre Nel that oke is crazy!

SA starting to let Aus get a grip on the match.

Aus leading by 254 runs with 6 wickets in hand late in the 3rd day.

BS effort by SAF towards the end. Their attack doesnt have variation without a quality spinner to take some key wickets. The batters have got use to the pace and unless it bends around tomorrow Australia will lead by 450

Yeah, I think the main problem with SA is that they don't have a quality spinner like many teams these days (without one) - they only really have either Graeme Smith or Budgey, neither of them are actually any good.

I think that it will be a good series, but after all we have to remember it is Aus in their own back yard - I think they will come out top.

Coco

That was the worst rendition of the South African National Anthem. What a disgrace, the guy should be shot.

yeah that was aweful but man it was funny to listen to
<

3rd day now honors even

looking forward to getting home from work to watch more of this
<

Yep in this match though, I think Australia are starting to gain the upper hand. I think they could easily get a advantage of 400+ runs, and we all know how difficult it is to bat in the fouth innings on an Australian wicket.

Coco

ponting wont allow the lead to blow out to 400 today after the last test match and the criticism he recieved from his decision. the australians need to win this game - its as simple as that. if sa scrape to another draw the decision making will come under intense scrutiny.

well u can clearly see punter has given tonking instructions

in the last 20mins:
6 x sixes - 4 from Symonds..........got his 50 from 40balls

With wickets in hand and time running out the aussies are tonking, so they can have a quick stab before the evening at the SAF top order.

Punter recent scrutiny was over the top.
I hate his guts, but what he did last test was fine, and the media are just looking to sell papers

Aussies look set to win this TEST, but just like the last test, you cannot disregard the SAF for being smart, patient, very cricketwise tactics to stay alive.....bout time we got some good TEST cricket.......havent seen any since the ashes.

i think this is very gettable 365 in 132 overs (or something to that effect) 2.7 an over thats about average for this series and this match. if they dont get bowled out i think they will do it

its going to be a very interesting last day
<

Originally posted by woosaah@Dec 29 2005, 04:03 PM
i think this is very gettable 365 in 132 overs (or something to that effect) 2.7 an over thats about average for this series and this match. if they dont get bowled out i think they will do it

its going to be a very interesting last day
<
yeah they gave em something to aim for, so they cant shut-up shop from ball 1

hopefully they (SAFs) play to win.........a few quick wickets fishing outside off, and then, bring on bingas, to finish the rubble

is very gettable, especially if they can last the rest of today with any wickets falling

5th day pitch should provide some excitement too

damnit if only i didn't have to work late tonight
<
i would normally be home by now watching the cricket

got a few hours to go by the looks of it

Originally posted by woosaah@Dec 29 2005, 04:23 PM
damnit if only i didn't have to work late tonight
<
i would normally be home by now watching the cricket

got a few hours to go by the looks of it
they are 3-FA

they are gorne

time to shut-up shop...........the SAFS, are in trouble.........its all defense and conservation from here.........Warny and McGill on the 5th day in tandem will devastate

dont forget symonds who has made it 5 for fa
<

yeah they are done like a cooked turkey (dont laugh i know its not funny)

Ponting celebrates his 100th test in style with a classy century. SA just about in front though although they'll need to pick up their run rate in their second innings to have a realistic chance.

Have found some of the decisions bizarre to say the least, does bring into question the need for neutral umpires, doubt that Taufel and Koertzen would have messed up the decisions the way Bowden and Dar have, although in fairness to them this is the first time I've consistently seen them make howlers.

i have thought that bowden was having a good game, but dar has had a bit of a shocker.

i think that aussie are ahead, saf need to win this game, and to do that they need to score at a decent rate (around 3 to 3.5) and i dont think they are capable of doing that to much against the attack that aussie have.

they will have trouble again trying to bowl out the aussies for a second time, there is 2 days left in this test, they need to bat fast for the first 2 sessions, maybe having about 350 - 400 lead and have 4 sessions at the aussies, but i still dont think that is enough.

remember that the aussies just need a draw to take the series

Latest posts