• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

South Africa v New Zealand. 21 Aug 2010. What is your prediction?

You are gonna feel like such a *** if New Zealand lose. Can' wait to hear what you have to say after this game...

I'd imagine it will go the way of

The Ref
The "dirty" Sprinkboks
Both of the above

wow Woodward. If you know anything about South African rugby you would know that we can actually play when PdV doesn't pick out of posistion players or crap overrated players, so please, descend back into the filthy depths of whatever craphole part of the internet you lurk from.

All Blacks 26-man touring squad confirmed: (http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/all-blacks/4008584/All-Blacks-released-for-provincial-play)
Forwards: John Afoa, Anthony Boric, Tom Donnelly, Corey Flynn, Ben Franks, Owen Franks, Jerome Kaino, Richie McCaw, Keven Mealamu, Kieran Read, Brad Thorn, Victor Vito, Sam Whitelock and Tony Woodcock.
Backs: Daniel Carter, Jimmy Cowan/Alby Mathewson, Aaron Cruden, Israel Dagg, Cory Jane, Mils Muliaina, Ma'a Nonu, Rene Ranger, Joe Rokocoko, Conrad Smith, Benson Stanley and Piri Weepu.

No surprises, with Messem and Kahui (who is still recovering from injury) the two players from the 28-man tri-nations squad to miss out. There will be a decision on the fitness of Cowan at a later date - if he is not fit, Mathewson will go in his place.

I predict the AB's will win this game by 15 - though wouldn't be surprised if it was a bit closer.

it was actually a joke but ok, keep hearing it the way you like.

Hmm McAlister should be in there imo

Last edited:
I too predict *****ing.

Despite the fact that I think SA might actually win this game. Nonetheless, the *****ing against the ABs will continue.

Well, my run on team for this test would be the following:

1. Gurthro Steenkamp
2. John Smit
3. Jannie du Plessis
4. Danie Rossouw
5. Victor Matfield
6. Francois Louw
7. Juan Smith
8. Ryan Kankowski

9. Francois Hougaard

10. Morne Steyn
11. Gio Aplon
12. Jean de Villiers
13. Juan de Jongh
14. JP Peterson
15. Francois Steyn

16. CJ van der Linde
17. Bismark du Plessis
18. Flip van der Merwe
19. Pierre Spies
20. Ricky Januarie
21. Bryan Habana
22. Wynand Olivier

It's unfortunate that Patrick Lambie, Gerhard van der Heever, Lwazi Mvovo and Jean Deysel didn't get called up. ESPECIALLY Lambie and van der Heever. But, out of PDV's guys, this would be my squad. I won't buy into the whole 'Play Burger at 8' thing, because i don't think we need him in the squad with Juan Smith back.

I'd say it's going to be a very close game. South Africa should be able to turn things around and with home advantage I'm gonna give it to them by 7 - 10 points.

that's actually a pretty awesome team you have there Jericho

yeah ive always thought cowan was nothing special, bring back leonard form is temporary class is permanent

Kanko got injured shortly before the Sharks match, but the extent of the injury was not mentioned.

@Jericho

Deysel is out injured, for the next few weeks at least...

"yeah ive always thought cowan was nothing special, bring back leonard form is temporary class is permanent "

Isn't that a PdV quote?

Latest posts