• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

South Africa v New Zealand. 21 Aug 2010. What is your prediction?

Close but i'll tip the ABs

Personally, i'd be happy with a one point win to the All Blacks ... I like the look of the Springbok squad, and it should hopefully be another good, hard, close test match.

The All Blacks will struggle if they continue to give away penalties, particularly if Francois Steyn is in the run on side ... I say him in the test match in Hamilton last year, and he can kick goals from just about anywhere.

The All Blacks will struggle if they continue to give away penalties, particularly if Francois Steyn is in the run on side ... I say him in the test match in Hamilton last year, and he can kick goals from just about anywhere.
On the other hand though, F. Steyn loves to kick the ball away, and the ABs are probably the best counter attacking side in the world, if he kicks it down their throat all day, they won't return the favour

On the other hand though, F. Steyn loves to kick the ball away, and the ABs are probably the best counter attacking side in the world, if he kicks it down their throat all day, they won't return the favour

True, maybe they'le kick for field position and use Matfield to attack the AB's lineout. Really looking forward to this game now ... it's a shame that Brousow isn't fit, it's noticable how much the Boks miss him

Really keen to see Juan Smith back in action for the Bokke, he never loses form, I just know that Schalk Burger is going to be named in the squad. I'm kindoff hoping he eye gouges someone again, that way he can't play.

1. Beast
2. Bismarck
3. Botha
4. Rossouw
5. Matfield
6. Louw
7. Smith
8. Kankowski

9. Hougaard

10. Steyn
11. Habana?
12. JdV (F Steyn's best posistion is 12 imo.)
13. JdJ
14. JP Pietersen
15. Aplon/F Steyn

I think if that team clicks they stand a pretty good chance against the rampaging all blacks.

Last edited:

True, but I don't think he will kick anymore than Kirchner (apart from his mandatory 2-3 drop goal attempts per game...).

Sker

My questions and comments are in your quote

1. Beast
2. Bismarck
3. Botha
4. Rossouw
5. Matfield
6. Louw
7. Smith
8. Kankowski

9. Hougaard - why not Ruan Pienaar? Anyway, I thought Hougaard played on the wing for the Bulls.

10. Steyn
11. Habana? - why the question mark - form? If so who would you replace him with?
12. JdV (F Steyn's best posistion is 12 imo.)
13. JdJ
14. JP Pietersen
15. Aplon/F Steyn - Aplon at fullback?

@smartcooky

Pienaar is injured, and will most likely be out for 4-5 weeks

Pienaar is injured and when he returns from injury he will start his season in Europe. Hougaard can play scrumhalf although I would prefer Duvenhage. Aplon can play fullback as good as winger. In my opinion much better than Kirchner (who is massively overrated. I would choose to put Francois Steyn on the fullback position though and let Aplon fight with Habana and JP for the 2 wing-positions.

I think this game would be very close and somehow come to a close South African win... Although I won't bet any money on it.

Will be a close game but NZ pushing it a bit more and winning this game as well

AB's are well aware of the big task in SA...they will want to show the world that they can keep the momentum going and defeat the Bok's on Bok ground...especially after winning their last 4 games so convincingly...it will be to do with pride and determination. No doubt we will see an improved performance by the Bok's...however have they completely overcome their 3 in a row defeats and the demoralising "carry ons" from a certain member of the Bok Team...to defeat the AB's? To be honest I suspect that this has resulted in some discontent amongst Bok players...how can a team be focused and effective when the spirit is not right. I predict a close game to the AB's.

New Zealand only need one point to win the Tri-Nations I think, as they could have won it last week if they had scored four tries or more. Can't see the All Blacks letting this opportunity slip away, they would be happy with a losing bonus point, but the mindset they are in at the minute they will want the win - therefore, the All Blacks will win.

they wouldn't be happy to get a losing bonus point, at all. My head tells me All Blacks but theres a horrible feeling in my guttiwuts that the Box may take it out

Well Zane Kirchner has been released to play CC rugby, so it looks unlikely that he may play against NZ

Potgeiter, Beast and Bismarck have also been released.

Make of that what you will

Shame about Potgeiter being released, he's very promising (from the little i've seen of him playing - which is limited to whenever he's played for the Boks). Him and Pocock were my favorite two players in the Autumn internationals, it's a shame that he's not getting the game time that Pocock is

Last edited:
Agree totally. Potgieter is a far better player than Burger is imo.

I would like to share with TRF users New Zealand's "RadioSport" promo for this match.

I added the pictures for a bit of colour.

PS: This is intended as a bit of fun, not a "wind up".

Anyone who thinks they might be offended by this, please don't watch it, and then go out and buy yourself a sense of humour.

Last edited by a moderator:
well done i miss the old radio sport channel apart from that idiot darcy whats his name

Latest posts