• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

South Africa vs British and Irish Lions - Test 2

Anyone know who the citing officer is and how the process works? Is it under the umbrella of SARU?

Warren Gatland?
lmao you never know he might rip up all his "WARRENBALL = GOOD" notes he's made over the last 20 years and start Marcus Smith at 10 and Finn Russell at 12.
At least when we go down we'll go down in a blaze of glory and not just by kicking it back to the Springboks every time we get possession in decent territory.

Anyone know who the citing officer is and how the process works? Is it under the umbrella of SARU?
The citing commissioner is an Australian I believe- Scott Nowland. Make of that what you will, I'm sure the South African's will have an opinion on that.

I think the main one for me is the Kolbe clear red for head to head contact. Had he broke Curry's nose he'd have been off there and then, but somehow because no damage was done it just goes un punished.

I think the main one for me is the Kolbe clear red for head to head contact. Had he broke Curry's nose he'd have been off there and then, but somehow because no damage was done it just goes un punished.
It's the inconsistency for me- we've seen numerous examples nearly identical to that one this year which have been straight red cards. I do not understand why we've suddenly dropped off for this tour.

I almost get the feeling that smaller players like Faf and Kolbe get off more lightly because the force isn't the same as say for example the SBW shoulder charge into Watson's head in 2017. Size shouldn't really matter in this case.

Is there any other footage of the Itoje incident?

The one I posted earlier certainly makes it look like a deliberate pause once he had let go of other Lions and was supporting all his bodyweight, a fair bit of which must have come through on DDA. You can end up in any position after contact, but it didn't look like Itoje tried to extract himself carefully.

The citing commissioner is an Australian I believe- Scott Nowland. Make of that what you will, I'm sure the South African's will have an opinion on that.
quite a few incidents from both sides had potential to be cited and the one that no one knows about gets cited

If the Boks have provided evidence of bite marks and there is corroborative video footage then you've got to think that Sinckler will be in hot water.

If the Boks have provided evidence of bite marks and there is corroborative video footage then you've got to think that Sinckler will be in hot water.
12-week low-end ban I believe, don't think that takes into account mitigating circumstances though, such as 'good behaviour' and 'admitting to foul play'

12-week low-end ban I believe, don't think that takes into account mitigating circumstances though, such as 'good behaviour' and 'admitting to foul play'

Ouch. Plus he'll have the tag of being rugby's answer to Luis Suarez.

From this line and the Itoje video, it's around the same time as the Itoje incident.

Soon afterwards, O'Keeffe can be heard saying to the South Africa captain, Siya Kolisi: "I understand what Franco [Mostert] said but I can't do anything about that right now. If there is anything, it will be dealt with after the game if we need to ... yes, we will."

You can hear O'Keefe in the Itoje video.

I can't see anything definite there. Yes his arm is around the mouth area, but for me you can't see a bite and not clearly in his mouth. It will all depend on any marks then on Mostert's arm.

Agreed. It definitely doesn't look conclusive and if Mostert was bitten, he doesn't appear to react.

I hope Sinckler didn't bite him.

With his record, he'd be looking at a lengthy ban. When you add that to the mandatory rest period, he'd probably end up missing half the season or more.

Yeah not enough evidence in that video for me.

If mostert has no marks / no official saw any marks then he's gotta be let go imo. Innocent until proven guilty.

He may well have still done it but there is 0 proof I've seen

Assuming everyone is available for Saturday, its sh*t or bust. I really want to see Gatland give a few of the fringe players their head to go and express themselves.
It can only end in one of two ways. Unfortunately I think he'll stick with his tried and trusted old hands and SA, now on a roll will eat us up.
None of the centre partnerships have really worked, but I think there is a case for Daly to be tried one more time. Don't want to see Farrell, Biggar AWJ, Sutherland, Vdm or Hogg anywhere near the 23. A Watson is a close call.

Wyn Jones
Jamie George
Tadhg Furlong
Maro Itoje
Ian Henderson (c)
Tadhg Beirne
Tom Curry
Jack Conan
Ali Price
Marcus Smith
Adams
Henshaw