• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Split: SavageLes protests that he's not a South African (but fails miserably)

I think clubs need to take into account some sort of average between all the players in that team more so than international, what with transfers and a multitude of nationalities playing for a club.
That said, the most recent table results should probably weigh high on how they rank (Guinness Premiership certainly), as that's what the table is there for, right?

CURRENTLY, South AFRICA have won NOTHING. (Am I PUTTING the capital WORDS in the RIGHT place?)

Don't use half facts and ******** spin to try and make a point. A team is only as good as their last game and this year, the Springboks have won **** all.

And do you know what? This year they're not going to win **** all either.

Who won the 6 Nations 2010? France!
Who are the current 6 Nations champs? France!
Did South Africa beat the six Nations champs, France in 2010? Oops, Yes.
Who have beaten New Zealand 4 out of the last 6 matches? oops, it was South africa!
Who are the Current Tri Nations Champs? oops, South Africa.

Now stop getting worked up. If the answer to the above questions were New Zealand there would be no argument.

Who won the 6 Nations 2010? France!
Who are the current 6 Nations champs? France!
Did South Africa beat the six Nations champs, France in 2010? Oops, Yes.
Who have beaten New Zealand 4 out of the last 6 matches? oops, it was South africa!
Who are the Current Tri Nations Champs? oops, South Africa.

Now stop getting worked up. If the answer to the above questions were New Zealand there would be no argument.

This is why I can't stand South African rugby fans, there is a difference between being proud of the Boks achievements (not your achievements) and just being an outright ass.

If you really want to get into facts, 9 tri-nation wins to New Zealand, 3 to South Africa, 2 to Australia. Who is the more consistant rugby nation? But these aren't your mines, these are not my wins, so stop stealing peoples achievements, if you were in the 2007 rugby world cup squad for the Boks, then sure you have every right to claim you won the world cup, same with beating France. But until then, they are not your achievements, they are a teams achievements which simply are funded by the South African rugby union which is a private business.

If you really want to get into facts, 9 tri-nation wins to New Zealand, 3 to South Africa, 2 to Australia. Who is the more consistant rugby nation? But these aren't your mines, these are not my wins, so stop stealing peoples achievements, if you were in the 2007 rugby world cup squad for the Boks, then sure you have every right to claim you won the world cup, same with beating France. But until then, they are not your achievements, they are a teams achievements which simply are funded by the South African rugby union which is a private business.

Iron Mike - Go back and read the posts, I am merely stating why SA should on CURRENT form and results be above NZ in the games ratings. We, and I include myself, have all got a little carried away with this. We are not talking about the entire history of rugby results as you have clearly pointed out. We are talking about a game that is coming out and current rankings.

That is what needs to be used, current form and most recent results. If this game was released in 2003 then I would say England should have the highest ranking and SA ranked about 8th (SA ere useless). I also stated that if the results were to change in the next 12 months then so should the ranking in the game. Simple as that!

Ive not read this trea but NZ should be on top 1.they re the most co nstan tema2. the stats that Savagelez has given are from last year i have no dout that this years tri-nations winners will be NZ right now they are on fire.

Now now, he doesn't represent all SA fans

That's true, although the vocal minority always spoil it for the rest.

This fellow is an insecure youngster suffering with little-man syndrome. Often happens when a team wins something and continues until they're smacked down into their place.

Has been well documented with English, Welsh, South African and Irish kids over the past decade. They soon hush up once their run comes to an end.

Ive not read this trea but NZ should be on top 1.they re the most co nstan tema2. the stats that Savagelez has given are from last year i have no dout that this years tri-nations winners will be NZ right now they are on fire.

Let's wait and see. If NZ win then great, they deserve the top spot!

This fellow is an insecure youngster suffering with little-man syndrome. Often happens when a team wins something and continues until they're smacked down into their place.

Has been well documented with English, Welsh, South African and Irish kids over the past decade. They soon hush up once their run comes to an end.

He reminds me a lot of Steynboi. He didn't hang round too long, but made about a million posts in a week.

Bullit, your well documented crap does not make sense as I am Scottish!
You are right about hushing up once SA's good run comes to an end... but I will be the first to sing New Zealand's praises if they were to break the shackles that SA have on them.

You just can't admit that this South African team (90% of current players) has achieved more than any other rugby nation has ever achieved and have beaten New Zealnd 4 out of their last 6 matches and are therefore better(current stats)! They are the IRB team of the year 2009 because they are currently better than NZ.
If NZ get the award this year then they can be rated higher.
Stop attacking the person and look at the stats you grumpy old man. You keep avoiding the argument tha SA should currently be rated above NZ purely on matches vs. each other in Tri Nations and S14.

I will agree that NZ have a better overall history and well done to them. But...... we want current stats for the NEW RUGBY 2012.

So you're heavily biased towards the Boks and are in Durban, but you're Scottish.

Sure...

SavageLez, if you're not South African then you're bedding down with PDV.
Or have you decided that Dan Park's boot isn't enough for you and you want more from the Steyn duo?

I can't stand PDV, he is most fortunate to have such great player to his disposal. The current Springbok team is Jake White's, he built it up showed faith in all the players.
PDV makes shocking selections leaving out top players for quota players so that he can look good with the politicians.

See wikipedia result:

Apartheid and transformation
Even before the apartheid laws were introduced to South Africa in 1948 the Springboks had been an all white team. The team became a symbol of racial division within South Africa, and following the first open elections in 1994, the ruling African National Congress (ANC) instituted a policy of transformation in South African sport. In this context transformation can be defined as "a complete alternation of the appearance or character of South African rugby", and one aim is to transform the Springboks into a team more representative of South Africa's race and class.[86]

South Africa's World Cup winning side of 1995 fielded only one non-white player (Chester Williams). This continued in the team's biggest matches of the 1999 and 2003 World Cups, and in the 2007 World Cup final the team fielded two non-white players (Bryan Habana and JP Pietersen).[87] Despite a quota system existing to encourage Super 14 and provincial teams to field non-white players transformation has been slow in the opinion of many. South African Rugby Union president Oregan Hoskins considered the number of non-white players in the 2007 World Cup squad too low,[87] and in 2008 the first non-white coach of the side was appointed. The political pressure on rugby coaches and administrators to select non-white players is strong; 16 of the 35 new Springboks appointed by former coach Jake White were non-white.[87] ANC Minister of Parliament Butana Komphela expressed a view held by many politicians in the country when he said "Sport cannot be excluded from imperatives of empowerment and transformation."

Imagine being a coach in the South African environment. Not only do you have to select and coach your team but you have to bow to politics. You can never choose your strongest team and that is dissapointing.

Imagine being a coach in the South African environment. Not only do you have to select and coach your team but you have to bow to politics. You can never choose your strongest team and that is dissapointing.

Oh well, that's South Africa, your problem to sort out. We only play you guys and whatever goes on in your own country is an issue for South Africans to deal with. Doing it to yourselves as a nation isn't an excuse really.

If South Africa is weak as a society in it's unity and working together, that's hardly the work of other countries to sort out for you. You get the team result of that.

I apologise, I shouldn't have said ''this is why I can't stand South African rugby fans'', because it is a few that ruin it for the majority.

Sorry if I offended anyone.

I shouldn't get into this as I am getting sick of it myself, the South African Rugby Union is a private company. Are we all agreed? As is every other union in the world, that means that the nations team =/= represent politics. They put political pressure on them, but there is no official thing in place.

Last edited:
I apologise, I shouldn't have said ''this is why I can't stand South African rugby fans'', because it is a few that ruin it for the majority.

Sorry if I offended anyone.

I think it was obvious you meant only a few. I did the same thing in another thread. Good on you for saying that though.

oh why cant everyone just get along:L
but I lost all respect for PDV last year when he condoned eye gouging. How he was not sacked the moment he said that was part of the game is beyond me.
Schalk Burger tried to pull luke Fitz's eyes out and PDV says . "I stand by Schalk, I'm still convinced he didn't do it. When you watch the footage closely, and if you know the nature of Schalk, you'll know he will never go to those measures to impose himself." "If you are going to complain about every incident we might as well go to a ballet shop and all get tutus,"
the full speach
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vi8ioPBh2vo
the incident
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NYONDg4J_E

If he ever locked horns with the likes of Gatland or Venter, it would be absolutely hilarious! :lol:

Latest posts