• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Sports Personality of the Year 2008

One of the cyclists, Chris Hoy or Rebecca Romero, should win it.

Of course we all know that Lewis Hamilton will.

As for overseas, Michael Phelps and Usain Bolt were nothing short of incredible this year. But simply because of the amount of medals he won it has to be Michael Phelps.

It's nice to see other sports get recognised, like OUR EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIP BASKETBALL QUALIFYING TEAM did. Just then, by me.

Why isn't Shane Williams shortlisted?
[I know why, I just want to hear everyone's opinions]

Mainly he isnt from England and secondly he competes in a team sport. Of course when Wilkinson won it he did at time win the cup on his own.

even when Wilkinson did win it the award should have gone to Johnson but what the hell.

At least no mentions of Harrington this year in the nominations, he was getting nominated from loads of newspapers last year, I still can't believe that you tried to claim Barry McGuigan back in 85 and even gave him the award, what a shocking indictment on British sport that year.

As for this year Hamilton is going to win it but my preference would be for Adlington or Hoy.

It's a tough one to call the overseas award as well, I know Harrington would get my vote and I'm biased but the BBC won't give it to him cause they don't have the rights to the USPGA so they won't talk about it too much. It's hard to say whether Phelps or Bolt will get it. Athletics has always been more recognised at these awards than swimming and while Bolt's achievements were phenomenal Phelps, it's 5 individual golds compared to 2 so yeah I'd give it to Phelps.

Is Hamilton the bookies favourite on this one?
That would be shitty.
I'd tell him, "Listen, either you can have the Sports Personality of the Year 2008 or your Pussycat Dolls girlfriend. You can't have both!"
Obviously he's gonna be all like, "Oh, erm...I'll take the award then please."
And i'm all like, "Cool man, good choice."
And he'll be like, "Yeah, that girl annoys me."
And i'll totally be like, "Dude, don't worry about her, I'll take her off your hands."
He's gonna be all, "You're way too kind!"
I'll be like, "Think nothing of it, you cocky twat."
He'd be all like, "What did you call me?"
I'd be all, "Cocky twat. Why you wanna make something of it."
He'd be all backing down and **** saying, "Hell no, you're the guy that's going out with that Pussycat Dolls girl, aren't you?"
And i'm with my chest sticking out nodding my head, "Errr...f*** yeah I am!"
He's there and he's like, "Hey, no trouble here, Pal."
And i walk away, Pussycat Dolls girl in arm, and call back to him, "Don't call me pal."

This show's gonna be awesome!!!

:lol: Been at the cheese before bedtime again? :lol:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Dec 2 2008, 03:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
[I know why, I just want to hear everyone's opinions][/b]

Because;

-He's not English
-He's not royalty
-He plays rugby (a sport which the BBC hates)
-He's not popular in London

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Dec 5 2008, 09:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Dec 2 2008, 03:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Because;

-He's not English
-He's not royalty
[/b][/quote]

heh, I was saying the eact same thing the other day...
he's shortlisted in the 'Welsh Sports Personality of the Year' though (which is this sunday I think)

when is this award ceremoney what date and time and is it on sky or bbc.

shane williams dont deserve a spot hes just an average winger. its good that they didnt pick him. IMO!.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (steynboi @ Dec 6 2008, 11:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

shane williams dont deserve a spot hes just an average winger. its good that they didnt pick him. IMO!.[/b]
And Habana can only run in a straight line. :rolleyes:
One of the Olympic stars should win it, imo.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Dec 5 2008, 09:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Dec 2 2008, 03:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Because;

-He's not English
-He's not royalty
[/b][/quote]

calzaghe is welsh, so i don't think that has anything to do with it.

chris hoy should win it, lewis hamilton will win it though

overseas one goes to usain bolt for me.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Dec 6 2008, 11:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Sunday week and it's the BBC Sports Personality of the Year.[/b]

cheers man.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Dec 6 2008, 12:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (steynboi @ Dec 6 2008, 11:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

shane williams dont deserve a spot hes just an average winger. its good that they didnt pick him. IMO!.[/b]
And Habana can only run in a straight line. :rolleyes:
One of the Olympic stars should win it, imo.
[/b][/quote]

i think JP Pietersen is better than him now

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gulli @ Dec 6 2008, 03:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Dec 5 2008, 09:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Because;

-He's not English
-He's not royalty
[/b][/quote]

calzaghe is welsh, so i don't think that has anything to do with it.

chris hoy should win it, lewis hamilton will win it though

overseas one goes to usain bolt for me.
[/b][/quote]

has to be Phelps, 5 individual golds as opposed to 2 says it all really.

men, lets not clog this thread up with what was against my opinion. the guy wanted to know why shane williams was not shortlisted and i gave him my opinion.

lewis hamilton will get it.

Hang on you dont dictate what people say im afraid! They have the right to reply if they so disagree with you!

Hoy will win!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ Dec 6 2008, 11:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Hang on you dont dictate what people say im afraid! They have the right to reply if they so disagree with you!

Hoy will win![/b]

no because then it will turn into a flame war of why shane williams is a good or bad winger and then they bring in habana which has nothing to do with this bbc program so i would respond back and then will will respond back eventually turning into a flame war.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (steynboi @ Dec 7 2008, 01:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ Dec 6 2008, 11:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hoy will win![/b]

no because then it will turn into a flame war of why shane williams is a good or bad winger and then they bring in habana which has nothing to do with this bbc program so i would respond back and then will will respond back eventually turning into a flame war.
[/b][/quote]

You have flamed the situation im afraid, there is no need for it, its a simple thing really!

Latest posts