• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Springboks vs Wallabies, 4 Sep 2010, Bloemfontein

What skills..Smit deserved a try for that catch he had a good game too.

No, he had 24 good minutes.
From 40' to 64'

Not enough for a Boks' captain.

He DESERVES a rest, because he's tired and doesn't need to be humiliated on the pitch like 3 wks ago or last saturday! He's a helluva player, but still a human being: they should rest him for a while!

No, he had 24 good minutes.
From 40' to 64'

Not enough for a Boks' captain.

He DESERVES a rest, because he's tired and doesn't need to be humiliated on the pitch like 3 wks ago or last saturday! He's a helluva player, but still a human being: they should rest him for a while!
You know thats a good point. In tough games you need your captain out there for the whole game doing everything he can. I forgot he came off and left his team, probably not his fault though might have been a PDV 'strategy' to bench him. Yeah if your captain and your not injured you should be on the paddock for the whole game because the captaincy alone will make you play harder and more focused.

Defensively that was...well...*ahem* there was a reason why there was a bazillion tries scored :s

Cracking game though.

You know thats a good point. In tough games you need your captain out there for the whole game doing everything he can. I forgot he came off and left his team, probably not his fault though might have been a PDV 'strategy' to bench him. Yeah if your captain and your not injured you should be on the paddock for the whole game because the captaincy alone will make you play harder and more focused.

IMO, it's normal at this stage (of the season and of this player), to have "only" 60-65 minutes on your legs in these kind of games! But in those 65 minutes, you must give everything you have, without looking at your team's performance... just heart and balls (sorry)!
This time, he stayed on the pitch for the first 40 minutes, playing a poor rugby!

And we obviously know he is a great player, capable of amazing things, from the first to the 80th minute of a match!
I remember 2009 T-N decider between NZ and SA. NZ had a penalty just on the Boks' 22m line, instead to go for goal, they chose a scrum and... John Smit and Springboks' tight-five trashed NZ, avoiding their chance to come back earlier in the game. I remember I thought "Ok, they've won it!"

That's John Smit, but I never saw him playing like that anymore, since then!

Latest posts