• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Springboks vs Wallabies, 4 Sep 2010, Bloemfontein

Cracked me up how the Bok's tried to wind down the clock at the end only to give away the game winning penalty. Teach them.

I said at the time that we gonna lose actually cos we played so much better with nothing to lose , the minute we went into our shells we let the Aussies in. By the way , what did u guys think about John Smit ? I thought he looked much better in this game , maybe the thought that he only needs to perform for 60 mins made his play better as he did not need to pace himself ? The Aussies scored all their 2nd half points when he left the field , coincidence ?

Coincidence. Springboks conceded soft try when Mitchel scored. It was Fourie or de Villers who was responsible to defend well in that area. I think they are too similar and probably Fourie and de Jong should be centers partnership. And fullback should attack line, not to kick ball away looking for knock-on or something. F.Steyn is very strong and powerfull and he made life difficult for wallabies when he was going forward.

I would pick de Jongh and de Villiers as the centre duo. Jaque Fourie is a girl who is massively overrated. He scored a try today but I would have scored that try walking along with Matfield.

I would pick de Jongh and de Villiers as the centre duo. Jaque Fourie is a girl who is massively overrated. He scored a try today but I would have scored that try walking along with Matfield.

Looking at the last matches (well... maybe 2009-2010) it actually seems the opposite. Who score the greatest try of 2009?
De Villiers now is widely off pace, he scored against Oz because of poor defence and a light obstruction by Burger... but he is widely guilty in Drew Mitchell's try!

De Jongh & Fourie have to pair together, now...

... I would even rather have Streuli back than this POS.
That line says it all. Bitterly disappointed with how things have gone this year. It's mind boggling that the Stormers and Bulls dominated the Super 14 and got the tactics spot on. Take those very same players under (supposed) coaching and what happens, you get the Boks of 2010. Where's the common denominator? The Coaching staff. Time they do the honourable thing and step down amids all this chaos.

Anyone who can upload a clip of the monster John Smit's catch after Morné Steyn offload??!

That was amazing!!! o_O
For a moment, I thought he's got pliers, not hands!!

claw.jpg

:D

Anyone who can upload a clip of the monster John Smit's catch after Morné Steyn offload??!

That was amazing!!! o_O
For a moment, I thought he's got pliers, not hands!!

claw.jpg

:D

those things never work.... must of lost hundredths on them

One last shot. Does Jer1cho regret informing us that the Bok's would win all home games despite it being obvious something was wrong? hahaha couldn't resist sorry.

One last shot. Does Jer1cho regret informing us that the Bok's would win all home games despite it being obvious something was wrong? hahaha couldn't resist sorry.

I thought the same: that we would win all our home games. I have to add, though that i thought that guys like Habna and Smit would be rested and players like Basson and du Plessis (Bismarck) would take their place and Also Spies and Steyn who looked off the pace (Kanko and Aplon for me for now and with the game played at the pace it is currently). Wrong on both accounts then.. guess thats what you get for thinking PdV might actually learn from mistakes.

Jaques Fourie scores a try every 2nd game he plays for the Boks, not long before he becomes South Africa's top try scorer, i'd say hes underated! I'd rather drop De Villiers for De Jong.

A little bit off-topic, but probably someone can answer why Springboks allways walk out of dressing room before the match in correct line from 1 to 15 and captain is infront. And another question, which language they use to communicate in field: english or afrikaaner.

I think South Africa need to use more players before RWC and find players who can perform. Maybe All Blacks should do the same: rest senior players, because in same departments they are short in replacements.

What does that triangle sign mean everytime steenkamp scores a try?

A little bit off-topic, but probably someone can answer why Springboks allways walk out of dressing room before the match in correct line from 1 to 15 and captain is infront. And another question, which language they use to communicate in field: english or afrikaaner.

I think South Africa need to use more players before RWC and find players who can perform. Maybe All Blacks should do the same: rest senior players, because in same departments they are short in replacements.

i think they use both for lineouts they use Africans for sure but i think ive heard English from the mike too. The 1-15 thing is probably just some kind of way of being organized

Did you see the tries he scored? How many tries are the direct result of something he does right? And how many tries have we conceded because this girl is to scared to dive? It's like he doesn't want to hurt his ***ties. I've seen it happen to many times the last few years that we concede tries and little miss Fourie is standing next to the try scorer with a schmuck smile on his face.

No... Juan de Jongh will be a much better option next to Jean de Villiers.

They use Afrikaans mainly because the Anglo-teams struggle to understand just like the Welsh will use their Cwmbrnyickzpwhyncnbr language ;)

The fact that most players use Afrikaans as their main language also helps of course. Smit, Rossouw, du Plessis, Steyn, de Villiers, de Jongh, Burger... There are only a few who aren't raised Afrikaans but they actually play in the backline ;)

From SARugby

Australian Olympic swimmer Stephanie Rice has caused a huge stir Down Under after dropping an 'F bomb' on Twitter at the conclusion of the Tri-Nations match on Saturday, according to SA Sports Illustrated

Rice reacted to Kurtley Beale's late winner by tweeting: "Suck on that faggots!"

Gay football player Ian Roberts has slammed the swimmer saying, "She is an idiot and anyone who continues to endorse her as an athlete is an idiot as well and I say that with a very sad tone in my voice. What a fool."

Rice deleted the message and apologised on her website. "I did not mean to cause offense and I apologize," Rice said. "I have deleted it from the site."

The 22-year-old swimmer has caused outrage amongst the Australian gay community and her sponsors are scrambling to retract the statement.

Nobody in South Africa seems to have taken notice of the unknown swimming star's comments.

With thanks to Sports Illustrated

I think she needs a good spanking, and yes, I volunteer.

from sarugby

australian olympic swimmer stephanie rice has caused a huge stir down under after dropping an 'f bomb' on twitter at the conclusion of the tri-nations match on saturday, according to sa sports illustrated

rice reacted to kurtley beale's late winner by tweeting: "suck on that faggots!"

gay football player ian roberts has slammed the swimmer saying, "she is an idiot and anyone who continues to endorse her as an athlete is an idiot as well and i say that with a very sad tone in my voice. What a fool."

rice deleted the message and apologised on her website. "i did not mean to cause offense and i apologize," rice said. "i have deleted it from the site."

the 22-year-old swimmer has caused outrage amongst the australian gay community and her sponsors are scrambling to retract the statement.

Nobody in south africa seems to have taken notice of the unknown swimming star's comments.

With thanks to sports illustrated

I think she needs a good spanking, and yes, i volunteer.

haha!

+1

Latest posts