• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Springboks vs Wallabies, 4 Sep 2010, Bloemfontein

Congrats !!! Gutted by the result but the comeback was heart warning. Boks need a break now , some have been going on for too long , thought they needed a break last year after the Lions/Trinations already. But to speak about the Boks would be an injustice to teh Aussies , so congrats on breaking that drought !!
Can't see any mitigating circumstances here. I expect four weeks.

When are these idiots going to learn?

It was a cracker if you like poor defence, missed tackles and missed touch kicks

With eight tries, it was probably a good game for the casual observer, but not for me. I thought it was an awful game, and struggled to keep my attention.

Haha if you didn't find that game entertaining there is something wrong with your head mate. Perhaps it wasn't the most traditional, kick oriented and defensive Test match, but in terms of pure entertainment value it was right up there with some of the best. Still, Australia will need to fix these second half lapses to beat the All Blacks. Based on their first half however they are a strong chance.

Has anyone seen a photo still of Beale getting falconed? That would be a prize possession.

Last edited:
I didn't like Faingaa when he was playing against England, very lucky not to get carded on multiple occasions (trying to start fights/punch England players at every opportunity) - though he'd been alright the trinations so far, will have to find highlights somewhere and see this tackle, i've read on several reports/seen players on twitter all say it was stupid/reckless

Yeah of course Steve Thompson had nothing to do with those fights starting, nah Steve is a saint, never pushed or punched anyone in his life.

A game that didn't lack any drama. Good win by the Aussies (now 2nd in the Tri Nations?). I think they'll have to tighten their game up, but I thought some of the place kicking was a great improvment from last game.

The Wallabies remind me a little of Manly in the NRL at the moment; they produce some spectacular first half footy, but just don't seem to have the stomach to keep it up for the full 80. This is probably down somewhat to their relative youth, but they need to fix it if they're going to have a chance at the World Cup next year. I can remember during their golden run in the early 00s' the wallabies used to be a team that never gave up a half time lead... they had a record of about 50 wins out of 51 in tests they were ahead in at half time and that was a reflection of both the determination and belief in that side. Robbie needs to build that in these boys.

Cracked me up how the Bok's tried to wind down the clock at the end only to give away the game winning penalty. Teach them.

Haha if you didn't find that game entertaining there is something wrong with your head mate. Perhaps it wasn't the most traditional, kick oriented and defensive Test match, but in terms of pure entertainment value it was right up there with some of the best. Still, Australia will need to fix these second half lapses to beat the All Blacks. Based on their first half however they are a strong chance.

Has anyone seen a photo still of Beale getting falconed? That would be a prize possession.

It was entertaining alright, but it hardly classed as a quality rugby match.

When was the last time you watched a match in which there were 46 missed tackles, and it was still a contest?

It was entertaining alright, but it hardly classed as a quality rugby match.

When was the last time you watched a match in which there were 46 missed tackles, and it was still a contest?

2000 Bledisloe springs to mind.....

I was doubtful of JOC at 14 but after those last two games i think it might just be his position but maybe not particularly when Digby Ione comes back.

I was doubtful of JOC at 14 but after those last two games i think it might just be his position but maybe not particularly when Digby Ione comes back.

Ioane is wasted on the wing, he needs to be in the Centers.

They didn't even try to attempt a tackle on that period! That's why there were 18 tackle missed! :D

Anyway good match and as Aussie supporter, I was trying to hanging myself with the rope of my chandelier at the 78'... Another nightmare! And when Barnes gave the latest penalty I was sure Beale couldn't convert it.
But he did!!

IMO yes, it was a very entertaining match, sure not a quality one!

But I only can find positives in Australia, not in South Africa. With all the problems they have (focus, making points in the 2nd half..), they showed they can attack and both defend well (they did it in Brisbane and the 2nd test against NZ), surely more than what South Africa showed all along this 3N: SA didn't do anything positive in their first 3 matches, they attacked and defended well in their 4th but they were caught tired in the last 20 minutes. And these last 2 matches it's been the same: if you don't attack and don't defend for 40 minutes, maybe you're lucky to bring home 1 match, not 2.

Time for some Boks to take a rest, and for Bok's staff build in depth, especially in 2, 5, 8, 10, 11, 12, because you simply cannot use the same player for 2 years in every test match you play, without finding them, at the end, tired and off-paced. They find a great 1 and 3, Burger and Juan Smith are awesome, Fourie has a great year, let start from these strenghts!

On the other side, I think Deans is working well. There is no one else who knows and can understand what this team needs... with an average age of 24.5, he has to build consistency, which is the last thing a team can achieve, after ALL PLAYERS have put on EXPERIENCE.
Fainga'a's (!!!!:D) brothers, McCalman (great match yesterday!!), Slipper, Ma'afu, Cooper, Horne, Beale and O'Connor are those players mentioned before! They are the future, not only for 2011, but for 2015 and 2019 too!
He must do this as soon as possible, before next RWC!

Hey! Anyone can explain me about the sign that Steenkamp always do after he scores a try?? What does it means??
ahha it always make me laugh, because in Italy has a particular meaning, involving...... ehm...... (without using bad words) "female genital organ"!!! XD
I'm sure it's not the same for him!

Everyone is forgetting that this was near a full strength Bok team against a severely weakened Wallabies team. Imagine if Wycliff Palu was playing? Ioane? Hynes? Alexander? Horwill? Mortlock? Higgenbottom?

Everyone is forgetting that this was near a full strength Bok team against a severely weakened Wallabies team. Imagine if Wycliff Palu was playing? Ioane? Hynes? Alexander? Horwill? Mortlock? Higgenbottom?

Well, I'd hardly say Hynes, Mortlock and Higgenbottom would make the starting XV, and South Africa didn't have Fourie du Preez, Bakkies Botha or Brussow.

My 2 cents?

Bryan Habana needs to get away from the team. He, single handedly cost us 17 points in the last 3 games, and has done absolutely nothing. The worst winger in South Africa at the moment. He is ****.
Peter de Villiers needs to go. NOW. 1 win from 6 games? Leaking 31 points in 20 minutes in two consecutive games? Ridiculous selections, with a refusal to drop players who are so badly off-form, that they cost us games. Coupled with his big mouth? Him, and his coaching staff are an embarrassment to the rugby world, and to South Africa. He sits and keeps saying things like 'our character showed...' or 'The guys can do it if they believe...'

STFU you useless political pawn, and get your shitty hands off of our team. He is a stumbling rock, and him and his coaching team are holding this team back. Please God let him get fired. It's sad to say, but had this been a white coach, losing like this, getting a wooden spoon in the Tri-Nations, publicly backing foul play, racism, as well as murderers, he would be hanged.

If he stays, I'm done with SA rugby. Can't take this rubbish anymore. I would even rather have Streuli back than this POS.

Yeah of course Steve Thompson had nothing to do with those fights starting, nah Steve is a saint, never pushed or punched anyone in his life.
The only thing Thompson is guilty of is demolishing him at the scrum, then taking the p*ss out of him after
"Sir, can you make sure he doesn't collapse this time" and laughing in his face/patting him on the head.

Well, The worst thing is the fact that again the first half was horrible. Every match this Tri-Nations they were just miserable the first 40 minutes. Pierre Spies Hasn't done anything right and I cannot understand why Kankowski doesn't get a chance at the 8-position.

Habana was only replaced after 50 minutes when everybody could see he's completely off form this Tri-Nations. It's amazing to see how much credit some players have when it's not a shame to replace them for a whole match. Habana, Spies, Fourie and Smit deserve some rest once in a while. Why not play Aplon, Kankowski, de Jongh and Bismarck du Plessis in stead?

The second half was amazing to watch as a Bok-supporter but come on! Why can't they play the first half like this?

Another thing that amazed me was the *****ing of PdV when Jannie du Plessis wanted to continue playing after his injury when PdV wanted to replace him with CJ. How pathetic is that?! Come on!!! He's like a little girl. I would be happy when my first choice TH prop can stay on but not our Mr. Pringles. No... He throws a tantrum like a little girl.

He should be worried about his team only being in front after 60(!) minutes when playing at home.

About the match I have to say well done to the Aussies. I've seen some players who I wouldn't mind seeing in the Bok-side.

Congratulations to the Aussies for winning this match. Now it's time for PdV to step down and let the professionals take control again

The only thing Thompson is guilty of is demolishing him at the scrum, then taking the p*ss out of him after
"Sir, can you make sure he doesn't collapse this time" and laughing in his face/patting him on the head.

Do hookers usually collapse the scrum?

Latest posts