Standby Players

Discussion in '2017 British & Irish Lions Tour' started by Meh, Apr 21, 2009.

1. Meh

Meh Guest

Well...I'm certainly peeved about some of the selections but they always have standbys for this kind of thing. 6 or 7 I think I'm right in saying?

Here are ones I want to see drafted in if worst comes to wear:

Mike Blair
    Jonny Wilkinson
    Ross Ford
    Tom Croft
    Matthew Tait
    Tom James

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

mine would be

Danny Care
    Denis Leamy
    Delon Armitage
    Toby Flood
    Rory Best
    Julian White

if worse comes to wear there's no point in bringing someone like Cipriani, Hook or Wilkinson along as an injury replacement as their form is woeful and unless they're there from the beginning I doubt they'd get up to speed so better to stick with form.

4. Meh

Meh Guest

2 fly halves.

I'm still bothered by that, no matter who we'd bring in.

5. MunsterMan

MunsterMan Guest

You are slipping Tarbh, Toby Flood on form? :lol: Try a Sam Vesty or a Nicky Robinson.

I'd go for

Armitage - Fullback
    Thom Evans - Wing
    Gordan D'arcy - Centre
    Sam Vesty - Flyhalf
    Danny Care - scrumhalf
    Denis Leamy - Backrow
    Ian Gough - Second Row
    Rory Best - Hooker
    Marcus Horan/John Hayes - Prop

6. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Apr 21 2009, 06:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    I wouldn't touch Robinson with a barge pole, Dean Ryan seems out to shaft Gloucester with some of his signings before jumping ship hence why he's signed Robinson, played well on Saturday no doubt but he's been poor most times I've seen him. As for Vesty hasn't he been playing most of the season at centre?

It's not as if the 2 who were picked are in tip top form either, we've got serious problems at 10 ahead of this series

7. neither of the 10s picked are much of a threat in terms of pace. Geech shouldve picked a 3rd fly half for the tour who offers a real threat in attack.

8. Ozzay

Ozzay Guest

I hear Nicky is on the list,

did i misread that theres 30 on standby?

9. MunsterMan

MunsterMan Guest

Yep, they all had to sign contracts apparently, and Steve Borthwick was a bit upset he didn't get one ^_^

10. Ozzay

Ozzay Guest

yeah i weren't dreaming then

11. Bumbadum

Bumbadum Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Apr 28 2009, 09:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Its ok though, Johnno gave him a cuddle and told him that if every other senior player in the 4 nations capable of playing lock got injured then he'd be in with a shout.

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!