• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Standby Players

M

Meh

Well...I'm certainly peeved about some of the selections but they always have standbys for this kind of thing. 6 or 7 I think I'm right in saying?

Here are ones I want to see drafted in if worst comes to wear:

Mike Blair
Jonny Wilkinson
Ross Ford
Tom Croft
Matthew Tait
Tom James

mine would be

Danny Care
Denis Leamy
Delon Armitage
Toby Flood
Rory Best
Julian White

if worse comes to wear there's no point in bringing someone like Cipriani, Hook or Wilkinson along as an injury replacement as their form is woeful and unless they're there from the beginning I doubt they'd get up to speed so better to stick with form.

You are slipping Tarbh, Toby Flood on form? :lol: Try a Sam Vesty or a Nicky Robinson.

I'd go for

Armitage - Fullback
Thom Evans - Wing
Gordan D'arcy - Centre
Sam Vesty - Flyhalf
Danny Care - scrumhalf
Denis Leamy - Backrow
Ian Gough - Second Row
Rory Best - Hooker
Marcus Horan/John Hayes - Prop

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Apr 21 2009, 06:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
You are slipping Tarbh, Toby Flood on form? :lol: Try a Sam Vesty or a Nicky Robinson.

I'd go for

Armitage - Fullback
Thom Evans - Wing
Gordan D'arcy - Centre
Sam Vesty - Flyhalf
Danny Care - scrumhalf
Denis Leamy - Backrow
Ian Gough - Second Row
Rory Best - Hooker
Marcus Horan/John Hayes - Prop[/b]

I wouldn't touch Robinson with a barge pole, Dean Ryan seems out to shaft Gloucester with some of his signings before jumping ship hence why he's signed Robinson, played well on Saturday no doubt but he's been poor most times I've seen him. As for Vesty hasn't he been playing most of the season at centre?

It's not as if the 2 who were picked are in tip top form either, we've got serious problems at 10 ahead of this series

Yep, they all had to sign contracts apparently, and Steve Borthwick was a bit upset he didn't get one ^_^

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Apr 28 2009, 09:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Yep, they all had to sign contracts apparently, and Steve Borthwick was a bit upset he didn't get one ^_^[/b]

Its ok though, Johnno gave him a cuddle and told him that if every other senior player in the 4 nations capable of playing lock got injured then he'd be in with a shout.

Latest posts