• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Stephen Jones' plucky bunch Vs. Aironi

DuncTheDoodle

First XV
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Ospreys
Tonight. Thought I'd keep the unfunny comedy ***les going. Kick-off in ten minutes. Both teams have put more-or-less their strongest sides out, by the looks of things. (Even though I only recognised three on he Aironi team sheet)

Aironi have lost both their first choice centres for the rest of the season, so their backs are all young and one is making is debut!
take the scarlets to win by 18 points but hope I'm wrong!

I wouldn't say 18 points, Greybeard.
Scarlets win perhaps, but by no more than 10 points.

6-3 now.

I think this will be the first of many 30 or 40 point drubbings on the road for the Italian teams. They simply don't have the strength in depth to cope with a long season and will target their home games.

13 tries in 3 games for the Scarlets :bravo:

Any yellow cards for the Herons this week??? Seemed to be close when Draggs posted.

Aironi held on until the end of the first, before the Scarlets went up a gear.
They did get a try at the very end- which sucked.
Good work from Jon Davies (hat trick) and Georgie North (1 try and some great runs).
George went down bad in a tackle by Danwel Demas, but came back on.

I definitely like the look of George North.
(Olyy, Mite get lost!)

I definitely like the look of George North.
(Olyy, Mite get lost!)

18 years old, 6ft 4, 16 stone, winger... Brutal.
Why can't Jon Davie play like that for Wales? He was fantastic today!
No kicking from him at all.

Aironi were pretty much useless, the only good i saw in them was their Num 8 Nick Williams. And Scarlets won by 39 points i believe.

They don't look like a bad team, just not as good as any of the previously-existing sides. Jon Davies has to be prime contendor to replace Roberts in the autumn, unless Bish can pull of simular miracles tonight. His first try was amazing. King was also sublime, while Knoyle and McCusker impressed me greatly too. I agree with Jiffy about Fenby- He looked good, but seemd over-enthusiastic.

Really enjoyed watching the Scarlets last night to be fair, they were quite clinical and their promising youngsters have made the step up to Magners League very well and don't look out of place. I've always said when the Scarlets click and are in form they play the best attacking rugby out of all of the Welsh regions, albeit against weaker opposition last night and this is coming form a Dragons supporter. definitely think George North should be given an opportunity in the Autumn probably against Fiji first to see how he copes then maybe test him against one of the big southern hemisphere teams. in my opinion he looks a better player than Tom Prydie and has all the attributes to be a top player.

If North plays in the autumn, then Prydie's 'Youngest International' record will have stood for, what, six months? I agree North looks slightly better than Prydie, although anyone will look better if they're actually playing.

I think they're still a bunch of gyppos, just they've played the 3 shittest teams in the league first.

If North plays in the autumn, then Prydie's 'Youngest International' record will have stood for, what, six months? I agree North looks slightly better than Prydie, although anyone will look better if they're actually playing.

North is a few months younger then Prydie, but North is already older than Prydie on his debut.
He has had a few good matches, but it is certainly too early to talk about international appearances.

North is a few months younger then Prydie, but North is already older than Prydie on his debut.
He has had a few good matches, but it is certainly too early to talk about international appearances.
You think? I've been really impressed by North, whereas I have never seen Prydie do anything ever and he has 2 caps.

You think? I've been really impressed by North, whereas I have never seen Prydie do anything ever and he has 2 caps.

I do think. Unfortunately, Warren Gatland doesn't, and odd things happen.

Latest posts