• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Suggestions/ideas for Rugby 2012

Oh yeah and with goal kicking, the ball is not always up right, its different for each kicker, maybe you could change it for specific kickers, like dan carter and morne steyn have it up right but someone like Francois steyn or Matt Giteau have it pointing forward

having the option to give a chip kick would definitely add to the game and also make sure that all players play in their proper position unlike rugby 08.

I never thought that the Rugby 08 gameplay had so many flaws but turns out I was wrong! That is an exelent summary of what should be done. All these sugestions make the player of the game in more control. It will give the game a real human effect that you see in the FIFA franchise. Exelent evaluation!!!

Make the gameplay like jonah lomu rugby but with better graphics. and also would be cool if there was a 7's option in it as well.

To keep players interested even have the 7's world series where you travel the world and stuff!

I think that when you start up the game, like FIFA 10, you should start in the arena and be able to practice your skill moves, scrumming or just mess around. That would be sweet!

Rugby 7s
RWC 11 Mode including teams that did not make it similar to Fifa World cup 2010
Choose referee with real referees e.g some harsher on offsides and fouls and some less
ITM cup and other provincial competitions around the world
Be a Pro Mode
Online game play
Ultimite team

I noticed others have suggested online play, with up to 30 individuals playing at the same time. That might be the best way to play against a decent defence, depending out what EA Sports come up with of course.

Might not be that fun playing a prop though (no offence to props) so maybe a single person could play any number of the players from one team at the same time, toggling between players as you do in the current game. E.g 3 players on the same side might have 5 players each, probably distruting 10, 12 and 13 between them to ensure they each get a player who gets a lot of ball.

Even if playing with 30 players it would be good to be able to remove the "focus" from your player in order to get guidance from the computer as to where you should be standing.

That would create a platform for online tournaments, prizes, etc...

Would also give the ability to add complexity to the scrum, rucks etc...

I noticed others have suggested online play, with up to 30 individuals playing at the same time. That might be the best way to play against a decent defence, depending out what EA Sports come up with of course.

Might not be that fun playing a prop though (no offence to props) so maybe a single person could play any number of the players from one team at the same time, toggling between players as you do in the current game. E.g 3 players on the same side might have 5 players each, probably distruting 10, 12 and 13 between them to ensure they each get a player who gets a lot of ball.

Even if playing with 30 players it would be good to be able to remove the "focus" from your player in order to get guidance from the computer as to where you should be standing.

That would create a platform for online tournaments, prizes, etc...

Would also give the ability to add complexity to the scrum, rucks etc...

what an awesome idea, possible problems with passing, running moves etc, but a great idea for the future. What about if a player is carded that they have to watch the 10 minutes (if yellow) or rest of the game (if red) from the sideline, their view changing to a spectator view and the crowd noise gets louder. Maybe this could be included in the Superstar mode if it gets added?

PSP connectivity eg have training drills you can do to improve players on psp. e.g passing, tackling, kicking stepping drills

what an awesome idea, possible problems with passing, running moves etc, but a great idea for the future. What about if a player is carded that they have to watch the 10 minutes (if yellow) or rest of the game (if red) from the sideline, their view changing to a spectator view and the crowd noise gets louder. Maybe this could be included in the Superstar mode if it gets added?

Cheers. Like the idea RE cards - would be a smart extra dissincentive for foul play.

Passing: The game could "take over" briefly at the moment of truth to make it easier for the receiver. You may have noticed the recievers puts their hand out and moves into position before the ball is released when a pass happens, and also when an offload option is available - the game could take over breifly do what is already does in the current version. Similar to the way the current game deals with the situation when you're running on to a bouncing ball. If you're line isn't quite right it appears to take over until you've secured the ball.

Running moves: Remembering the example where you have 3 online players, controling 5 characters in the game... When you're one of the two players not in possession, if you could remove the focus from all your players then the AI could run your attacking lines for you until you receive the ball. Same option with 30 people playing at once, you could remove the focus to get a guide if you wanted - but if you're better than the AI (like quite a lot of people I think) then you probably would stay in control.

I guess you could vary the extent to which both of the above happens based on difficulty levels.

Movement of the players ...

In Rugby 08, you could be able to run one way then the other in like .5 of a second with a front rower ! in Rugby 2012 physics should be brought in to stop this from happening .
I would really like to see several different running styles in the game; here are some of mine ... Sivivatu, Rokocoko, Conrad Smith, Nonu, Muliaina, McCaw .

I think the biggest game-play issue to be sorted out has to be the breakdown.
It takes like 10 seconds to form a ruck even though you have guys there, (normally backs) and you cant even compete properly.. this is highly annoying as in real life backs will often start a ruck until the forwards get there, ofcourse David Strettle or Dan Carter securing a ball is not going to be as effective as Andrew Sheridan or Victor Matfield but it will atleast make a difference until the forwards get there, To see this included would be great.

Secondly i think that what the guy mentioned above about the side stepping and spinning like in NFL games is a very good idea,

Same with the superstar mode, I think you should be able to create a player/pick one and start off in your team and try and get better, Like Be-A-Pro in Fifa 09-10.. its the same guys so this shouldnt be a problem.

I would also LOVE! a Manager Mode option where you can buy players, sell players etc this would be awesome.

Now We are getting a new game I hope that it doesnt get neglected and with Next Gen Technology i hope we get regular roster updates as for Kit Changes, The kits normally change every 2 years, and if HB state ''The Next Generation of Rugby GAMES'' are on there way, this must indicate relaunching the franchise knowing that people want next gen console rugby games so Kits would naturally change per game.

I would like to see most of the different leagues included unlike rugby 08. e.g:
Magners League
Aviva Premiership
Super 15
Top 14
British Championship
Currie Cup

Better lineout options are a must, Throw to the front and run.. Throw to the front and Hold n Drive, Throw to middle tip and pass, Throw to middle tip to scrumhalf to come through the gap and basically atleast 5 different options/plays.

I am really glad about this game and i hope it doesnt disapoint, the technology is here, so use it... obviously dont expect something on the lines of FIFA 10 and Madden 11 Just yet as it is their first next gen game, But atleast make it 3 times what rugby 08 was.

What about adding Classic XV and a World XV like FIFA 10, meaning you take some of the best players from the past, for the Classic XV, and the best players presently, for the World XV.

i think a chip and chase needs to be added also be a pro is a must
in be a pro each position in the forwards should be like at scrum time u hit a button at the rite time u get a good engage and same at lineouts when lifting or jumping throwing in should be a mini game in itself like judge wind and power with the rucks make it a tap button thing like tthe faster u tap the better your clear out
also weather during gameplay like if its raining the ball gets dropped more
and finally make the cross kick look better it looks like the kick slices the ball half the time and they r too hard to catch
thankyou :)

Allow me to have my forwards come in and pick and drive when the scrum-half is active - both for slow ball and to prevent the ball getting turned over in the fifteen years it takes my scrum-half to arrive.

Bigger squads and a better world league.

All competitions plus the ability to make my own with own clubs... yes, I want to put my own team, the Mighty Park House into the game, and watch us stroll over pro teams with our grossly inflated ratings.

Have the manual offload actually go in the direction players are.

You should unlock a northern hemisphere and a southern hemisphere team e.g Tom Croft, Martin Castrogiavanni, Chris Paterson etc.

Aside from some of the ideas mentioned already, I'd like to see some unlockable stadiums. Make players earn the ability to play at places like Twickenham by winning the Premiership. Maybe throw in some "Classic" stadiums like Landsdowne Road. Maybe even unlock a pitch at Rugby School or something that ties into the history of the game.

1. Harder Game!!!
- The CPU is way too easy to beat on the hardest setting
- Also the defense is stupid! When I cross the try line with Rockocoko I can run back to my try line and have the whole opposite team running behind me in a group. STUPID!!!

2. Online Play! Online Play! Online Play!

3. Make your own team
- Be able to create your own unique Club/Super 14/Guiness cup team
- Be able to upload or make own avatar for emblem on jersey and on screen display

4. Commentary!!!
- Use the same guy from Jonah Lomu and Grant Fox

Latest posts