• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Suggestions/ideas for Rugby 2012

Gameplay Thoughts:

Lineouts

1. Enable quick throw to front of lineout (Prop)
  2. Give some half backs the ability to beat first player at the lineout, if they choose the half back to run from the base of lineout
  3. Some hookers should only be able to complete a throw to rear of lineouts or most of the time.
  4. Hookers rating should affect their ability to throw ball in straight.
  5. Some locks given ability to steal opposition ball most not all the time
  6. Enable a 8, 6 & 3 man lineouts. Other forwards go into back line.

• 8 Man lineout - Have the ability to drive further if wanted BUTopposition able to push maul back resulting in a turnover ball, resulting in a scrum
  • 6 Man lineout - Have the ability to achieve quick line out BUT easy to loose own throw in
  • 4 Man lineout - Very quick lineout ball to Half Back BUT can loose ball
Weather

1. Wet weather that makes catching or collisions in tackles result in drop balls
  2. Locations with unique weather conditions and effects

• Wellington - Very windy conditions which affect all kicks
  • South Africa - Kicks travel further and higher in General Play/Kicking For Goal
  • Cold locations - Enable players to run for longer periods before tiring
  • Hot locations - Enable players to run faster, but tire faster as well
Rucks

1. Enable to put more forwards in and out of rucks. The more forwards committed to ruck the more likely team retains ball or steals opposition ball.
  2. Players like Richie McCaw would count for two players, meaning he will turn ball over in a one on one situations.
  3. Be able to choose which side of the ruck the forwards can stand on
  4. Some Half Backs have the ability to accelerate faster from the base of rucks, enabling them to beat first player.

Online Thoughts:
--------------------
Never mind all these upgrades and stuff! Being able to play the best online would be a wet dream in itself.

Statistical And DatabaseThoughts:
----------------------
Player Ratings
- Every players ratings should reflect the best form they've ever achieved
- Why? "Form is temporary, Class is permanent" - Graham Henry

Playing positions being editable
- This is a must, as most players play more than one position BUT players ability is reduced when put in another position that they do not specialize in.
- But a Winger cannot be placed in the Forwards!!! Unless they have played there.

Unlock Legends
- Be able to Unlock Legends to play in any of your teams
- The Legends ratings should reflect the best form they've achieved ever
- Each Legend should have a special ability, that separates them from the other players

Johan Lomu - always beating first two defenders regardless
Tana Umaga - makes opposition drop ball in tackles
Jerry Collins - Injures opposition players
John Eales - Wins opposition ball in line out
Keith Wood - Wins oppositions scrum balls
George Gregan - Very fast from back of rucks/scrums/lineouts

Create your own team
- Be able to create your own team.
- Be able to upload or create unique emblem for jersey

Sorry that some may be repeated, but didn't have time to read all 700, so here goes..

• I think it is very important that the feel of the game is right - so play testing will be hugely important to make sure one area doesn't seem mechanical, needs to flow.
  • I want to be able to win with different strategies, kicking to corners if i have a good line out, playing for quick ball if i have good backs etc (set moves which are clinical and fast would be great, maybe you could have some sort of pattern hitting to get the timing right, the harder the move the harder the pattern, but more chance to score bit like on a dance mat idea i suppose, although it should never be impossible to stop only get extremely difficult), I should never just be able to win as i have a quick winger who I spin the ball out too and run round!!!!
  • Moves off the scrum with number 8
  • Chance to jackal and rip ball with richie mccaw at the ruck should have some skill element not luck, such an important area of the game now
  • You should be able to push your luck with more penalties being given out if u try to hard at the ruck say and therefore go over the top
  • Defenses should get slightly weaker as end of match nears so fatigue and subs count
  • You should be able to gain momentum get defences more ragged after phases, both yours and the computers should be harder to organise the more phases
  • More options for running forwards off centres and fly half not just scrum half
  • Definitely attempt to put a version of sevens if you can that would be so much fun to play the irb sevens series
  • Have career modes taking teams from bottom to top, but make it difficult, a few seasons in each league at least should seem necessary
  • Allow you to make your own tournaments with the teams you want in like a 9 nations!
  • Lions is a definite (give the option to do all 3 tours)
  • Make a big forward pack matter against a small one limiting possesion for the other side etc. If I play England I should struggle scrummaging, against SA my lineout should be difficult and new zealand should create a lot of turnovers
  • A Video ref should be available to have you hanging on the edge of your seat to whether the try to win the world cup final has been allowed or not
  • It would be great to have players form fitness morale etc. vary and have to use rotation in league squads. When international season comes around if all your players have been playing well they should get called up leave you with holes. On a similiar note in league competitions other teams should score similiar to you. Even if this is not quite realistic. If you get a bonus point most weeks so should you rivals to the championship. Often I would play and win maybe 70 - 38 or something and the other teams would be 17 - 12 not getting bonus points and i would have won the championship without even playing another unbeaten team. Scores they get should be assesed after seeing what you can beat teams by in play testing
  • Conditions should really count, backs should be better on a hot sunny day and forwards on a wet muddy windy one, so you can always win with one style of play or at least struggle.
  • Mistakes should be made by players even if the user hasn't done anything wrong, this is life rugby players aren't perfect means you have to take opportunities
  • Players should have certain skills ball carrier etc, but ones which are more hidden should heavily effect the game too. If you have five defense organisers then it will take a lot longer for your team to become ragged. a good captain will stop moral lowering, some players might have hands in rucks when teams build up too much momentum etc.
  • We should see the haka
  • I think the key to the game could be in the ruck and maul i don't envy you in having to design that, but spend some really time on it as is so important. Maybe if you try get players in to quickly they go over the top in at the side etc or can't get to the next break down, too slowly you get slow ball (defense longer to organise) or you lose it holding on counter ruck. If you put all that into the speed at which you tap a button to add players to the ruck/maul it should be a great start
  • Design own backs moves would be good, but as would your own lineouts move. If you have choice of move player to new position, fake jump, actually jump, lineout going into rolling maul, peeling off, splitting jumpers to make space etc
Thanks for listening to my opinions, hope you have a great time making the game and i can't wait to play it

Relive Classic matches like on Legends of Wrestlemania and include watching actual video footage of the build up to the match and video highlights of the game, before you play the classic match, so you can get a feel of the nostalgia...

Having actual video footage could be a exclusive to PS3 since PS3 uses Blu-Ray Disc and can hold more data than normal DVD which Xbox360 uses...

i could see how winning a championship with a certain team could unlock old rosters, since they're unlikely to have photos for faces, it's really just a matter of approximating a model and applying stats. which with a veteran player isn't so bad because their stats aren't changing anymore. I'd also like to see there being fantasy or classic teams becoming unlocked by challenges, sort of in the same vein as a fighting game unlocks characters. you can play through the tournament, and then afterwards you'll get a challenge by the bonus team, if you beat them they're yours to play with. if not, you get to accept their challenge again later. it would also be cool if you could unlock things for each team depending on how successful you are with them, like old uniforms or really obscure teams (like the 6 different countries that played rugby in the olympics) or something. it could be a fun way to spice up Quick Matches or something. haha actually if they put in quick match options like different filters for the camera, different styled score displays, and had old teams/uniforms, you could play some sweet sepia-toned throwback games.

You should unlock a northern hemisphere and a southern hemisphere team e.g Tom Croft, Martin Castrogiavanni, Chris Paterson etc.

Northern Hemisphere
1.(Not Sure)
2.George Chuter
3.Martin Castrogiovanni
4.Nick Kennedy
5.Bob Casey
6.Tom croft
7.(Not Sure)
8.Jordan Crane
9.Ben Youngs
10.Chris Paterson
11.Mark Cueto
12.Jamie Roberts
13.Brian O'Driscoll
14.Chris Ashton
15.Geordan Murphy

Southern hemisphere(not sure but 10.Dan Carter/Francois Steyn and 2.John Smit/Bismarck du plessis)

You honestly think George Chuter is the best hooker in the northern hemisphere?
Honestly?
Looking down the rest of the team, i'm going to take a massive leap and presume you support....Leicester

Honestly?
Looking down the rest of the team, i'm going to take a massive leap and presume you support....Leicester

Funniy enough I had that thought too....wonder why

LOL at the lack of his Boweness. That's probably the worst NH team I've ever seen.

Honestly?

Funniy enough I had that thought too....wonder why

Well, I know I do, but I wouldn't have picked what he did. (Maybe Castro.)

There are easily 15 better hookers than George Chuter in the NH.

Name them all

Fine:

Fabio Ongaro
Leonardo Ghiraldini
William Servat
Dimitri Szarzewski
Dylan Hartley
Steve Thompson
Matthew Rees
Jerry Flannery
Rory Best
Sean Cronin
Guilhem Guirado
Ross Ford
Scott Lawson
Matthew Rees
Huw Bennett

Name them all

Really ... Really?

1. Ross Ford
  2. Mathew Rees
  3. Rory Best
  4. Sean Cronin
  5. Jerry Flannery
  6. Dylan Hartley
  7. Steve Thompson
  8. Ken Owens
  9. Scott Lawson
  10. Dougie Hall
  11. Guilhem Guirado
  12. Dimitri Szarzewski
  13. Fabio Ongaro
  14. William Servat
  15. Leonardo Ghiraldini

Oh, mine wasn't in any order really. A Guirado-Szarzewski centre pairing would be mint though Cymro.

2008-05-05T152348Z_01_NOOTR_RTRIDSP_2_OFRSP-RUGBY-TOP14-SZARZEWSKI-20080505.jpg

Dimitri Szarzewski - Rockin' the mullet since '83
He manages to do it without looking like a redneck as well, that's a skill that is.

Edit:
He gets in too many fights
Used to.
Doesn't stop him being a better hooker than Chuter

Latest posts