• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Suggestions/ideas for Rugby 2012

i think there should be an option 2 either have realistic style of play or a classic arcade style of play, this could be good as realistic against the computer so its harder and an arcade for against other people as i score easily 80 points a game on 08 and 06 but against my friends its never more than 14 points between us

i think we shouldnt get carried away with trying to improve every little thing if i was them i would look at what was good in 08 and say okay lets leave that last, and see what people didnt like and say ok lets edit or create that 1st, eg dont work on having an option which side ur forwards can stand in the ruck like some1 said, have like did before, but like someone else suggested good flankers like McCaw counts for 2 people, just make the rucks a "contest" and work more on a create team option and being able to add them in every tournament, thats my opinion anyway.

y not have the right analog do the same as other rugby games in attack but in defence does different types of tackles, and have it like someone said "1 By pressing towards the attacking player dose an upperbody tackle which would stop the previous low barge but would be less effective against a palm. This being an upperbody tackle it stops any chance of an off load but can cause the running player to gain a few extra meters from momentum and even break tackles if not countered right. 2 by pressing away from the player would result in a low body tackle where side steping and the palm become less effective but leave the player able to offload and use the low barge to break the tackle." and then left can be more effective when someone sidesteps left and right for when someone sidesteps right.

Based on what exactly? Let's look at the results between the teams since the last RWC:

2008: England 19 - 26 Wales
2009: Wales 23 - 15 England
2010 England 30 - Wales 17

Two losses and one home win in the last 3 meetings would indicate to me that England would be marginally worse if anything.

Where did Wales come in the World cup... oh yeah they LOST to FIJI! While we came second AND we would have won BUT Cueto's try was disallowed when it was CLEARLY a try, I spoke to Cueto at England's open training yesterday and he says it was obviously a try!

Based on what?

Stop being a bigoted idiot!

Why don't you look at this!
<TABLE class=table_main cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0 xmlns:fn="http://www.w3.org/2005/02/xpath-functions"><TBODY><TR><TD class=l>6(6)</TD><TD class=l>
ENG.gif
ENGLAND</TD><TD class=l>81.82</TD></TR><TR><TD class=l>7(7)</TD><TD class=l>
SCO.gif
SCOTLAND</TD><TD class=l>79.81</TD></TR><TR><TD class=l>8(8)</TD><TD class=l>
ARG.gif
ARGENTINA</TD><TD class=l>79.70</TD></TR><TR><TD class=l>9(9)</TD><TD class=l>
WAL.gif
WALES</TD><TD class=l>78.58</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Where did Wales come in the World cup... oh yeah they LOST to FIJI! While we came second AND we would have won BUT Cueto's try was disallowed when it was CLEARLY a try, I spoke to Cueto at England's open training yesterday and he says it was obviously a try!
Boll - Oxe.
The world cup was three years ago as well, so that doesn't matter either. By that logic England are better than NZ, because we got further than they did.
Do you like football by any chance? You sound as deluded as England football fans, thinking they're the best in the world because the won the world cup 40 odd years ago.
England fluked their way into the final, and lost by nine points. Now i'm not a mathmetician, never have been, never likely to be, but 7 points is not as many as 9 points.

Boll - Oxe.
The world cup was three years ago as well, so that doesn't matter either. By that logic England are better than NZ, because we got further than they did.
Do you like football by any chance? You sound as deluded as England football fans, thinking they're the best in the world because the won the world cup 40 odd years ago.
England fluked their way into the final, and lost by nine points. Now i'm not a mathmetician, never have been, never likely to be, but 7 points is not as many as 9 points.

New Zealand beat South Africa in the Tri-Nations MANY times home AND away!

i think for a rugby game england has to be stronger,i mean they do have better players but the dont gel so well,if anything wales tend to overachieve and they havnt achieved much to be honest

<TABLE class=table_main cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0 xmlns:fn="http://www.w3.org/2005/02/xpath-functions"><TBODY><TR><TD class=l>6(6)</TD><TD class=l>
ENG.gif
SCO.gif
ARG.gif
WAL.gif

Quite good that, the table is not always a true reflection of things.

Your argument was flawed as soon as you mentioned the Rugby World Cup 2007 ... clever that. Outdated by three years ... NEXT!

Put jonah in the game!! And make him mean!! Would be awsome to sign him in manager mode

Bells & Whistles

A roster update and Magners League licensing is a must. As there is no other compeition for the team copyrights, surely the price will be fairly low to use them, so it shouldn't be too big an issue.

You should also have a seperate campaign for each league. For example, you would have, say, the Super 14, Magners, Premiership and Top 14, and be able to go through a basic season as the Stormers without your progress as the Newport-Gwent Dragons, Quins or Clermont being deleted.

Online play, with decent matchmaking. Easier said than done, but the likes of FIFA and Madden have managed it, so it wouldn't be too big a strech for EA.

The Game Itself

The 'Star' players should firstly be updated (So, for example, while Wales would still have Shane Williams, Gavin Henson would be replaced with Jamie Roberts or James Hook) and each should have a signature move, as should various other indivduals. I'm not asking for every player to be unique, but various key ones (So sticking with the Wales example, Williams would have his step, Roberts would take three people to bring him down, ect., but as for forwards, the likes of Gethin Jenkins would be able to land big hits, and would improve the scrum.)

More control over kicks, but not total control.

Referres who don't see everything as an option, as said before.

it would be cool if those star players could also get owned by better star players such as the all blacks

hope you get this

RUCKS: who liked the jonah lomu style rucks? like...depending on the size/strength on the player, would affect how much difference they made to the ruck on entering. simply select your player and head in there. thats wat happens in real games. pull players out and put them in as you please. oh and also..when you wanna pick and go..dont make it so obvious which direction and when your going to do it. so easy in 08 to select your guard dog and smash the **** out of him.

Kicking: you need to be able to choose elevation and distance when kicking in general play. so u can grubber, chip over and hoof it.

Runnning and passing: the ball from the half back to the 10 needs to be run onto and 10 needs to be deeper. did you guys get anoyed in 08 when you had to just tap tap tap to quick fire it out to the wing cause the defence was too anoying and robotic. you need to be able to recieve the ball in space and decide weather to pass or go for a gap or take the defender on. stepping needs to be more responsive and not that lame animation where it looks like the defender is a blind 80 year old woman and gets completely done.

the key to making this game good is making it simple and letting us express our selves like we do in the real game. a.i will kill this game if they are robots who know what your going to do at all times. h.b need to sit down and watch a range of real rugby games and really think about what they put in. its been said before but ALOT can be taken from madden in terms of running play. anyways i wont bore you .

Right stick controls ...

Up = Shoulder Barge = the higher the Strength and Tackle break rating the better the animation will look and more likely to get through the defender .
Right and Left = Sidestep = the higher the Sidestep and Agility rating the more precise the step and more chances of beating your man; PLEASE add signature steps e.g. Quade Cooper and Jo Rockz .
Down = Fend = the higher the Strength and Fend rating the better the animation ! and again PLEASE use signature fends e.g. Corey Jane and Sione Lauaki .

It might sound stupid but make the players actually look like the players in really life so like previous how everyone has their own way e.g. Andy Goode kicking stand is different to the likes of dan carter. Complexly agree with the rest. Can't wait well excited!!! Oh and make lewis moody and
Ma'a nonu class

Yeah I think Backbreaker has really sold the idea of an agility/strength toggle button for rightstick moves, although having it tied to the sprint button wouldnt work in a rugby game. In fact I think having a dedicated toggle/switch button would help add depth toall the controls, especially when it come to the limited buttons available for all the varieties of kicks.

My 2 cents on the rightstick controls are:

ATTACK
left/right = sidestep left/right (can be combo'd for a quick in-and-away)
down = stop/hop back
up = jump/dive (contextual; used to score if near the line, jump to avoid tackles/ankle taps if being tackled low, pre-step jump ala Quade Cooper (or Benji Marshall for league fans) which can be combo'd with a sidestep to increase step distance/effectiveness but adds an extra animation to the move so requires more precise timing by the user)
down + quater circle left/right = spin left/right (can be combo'd with a sidestep)

With Toggle
left/right = fend left/right
down = turn and protect (basically submits in the tackle but all but gaurantee's maintaining possession, also used to set up a maul)
up = barge/shove

DEFENCE
up = high tackle
down = low tackle
Less aggressive tackles with a highter success percentage than driving tackles. Attacke rgoes forward in the tackle and increases their chance of retaining possession and gaining quick ball from the ruck. Are more susceptible to fends and barges.

With toggle
up = driving high tackle
down = driving low tackle
Driving tackles are where the defender lunges forward into the tackle and drives the attcker backwards, gaining the momentum and increasing the chance of a turnover/injury/knock on etc. They need to lined up and are more susceptible to steps and spins

Last edited:
ENG.gif
SCO.gif
ARG.gif
WAL.gif

This is a rather tricky argument because some people think that teams ratings should be based on the average rating of their players (in which case i think england would be slightly ahead of wales). But as a unit the welsh team performs better... the players gel together better and i think that Warren Gatland probably has alot to do with it to. The IRB Ranking's are irrelevant when it comes to a rugby game. i'd have to say that England have better players but somehow Wales are the better team.

Anyhow... I'm not really sure how this relates to Unlockables in the game but it's definitely an interesting debate

I'd like to see some video ref decisions. maybe if it's close to the touchline or something like that. Also instead of unlockable legends how about unlockable classic teams like the lions 74 or all blacks 87. Then once those teams had become unlocked you could have the players accessible for clubs

I give a thumbs up for that!

Latest posts