• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Suggestions/ideas for Rugby 2012

Anyway who could the southern hemisphere be?

Oh no you don't, I have other issues with that team. Look at the second row, neither of them can get in their respective international sides. Not a French player in sight either. Care to say why none of the Grand Slam Champions are good enough for you?

Oh no you don't, I have other issues with that team. Look at the second row, neither of them can get in their respective international sides. Not a French player in sight either. Care to say why none of the Grand Slam Champions are good enough for you?

Alright you pick the second row

I'm a prop, i only pay attention to Props and GOOD backs

So why did you pick Chris Paterson and Mark Cueto while leaving out the likes of Trinh-Duc, Jones or Tommy Bowe?

I wll pick the second row so. Romain Millo-Chluski and Paul O'Connell. Other players worthy of mention are Bradley Davies, Alun Wyn Jones, Donnach O'Callaghan, Lionel Nallet, Pascal Pape etc.

Northern Hemisphere (ammended)
2.Steve Thompson
3.Martin Castrogiavanni
4.Romain Millo-Chluski
5.Paul O'Connell
6.Tom Croft
7.Joe Worsley
8.Imanol Harinordoquy
9.Ben Youngs
10.Ronan O'Gara
11.Mark Cueto (I'M NOT GETTING RID OF HIM!)
12.Jamie Roberts
13.Brian O'Driscoll
14.Chris Ashton
15.Geordan Murphy

Joe Worsely as the best 7?
Ronan O'Gara as the best 10?

I'm Cuetos biggest fan, and even i know he shouldn't be in a "best of the NH side"

Cueto can play wing and full back, and Paterson is a utility back!

True, but neither of them are good enough to make this team. For what it's worth I'll make my own, judge it as you will:

15) Ben Foden
14) Tommy Bowe
13) Mathieu Bastareaud
12) Brian O'Driscoll
11) Marc Andreu
10) Stephen Jones
9) Mike Philips

8) Sergio Parisse
7) Thierry Dusautoir
6) Stephen Ferris
5) Paul O'Connell
4) Romain Millo-Chluski
3) Adam Jones
2) William Servat
1) Gethin Jenkins

Now then, that team is awesome. 5 Frenchmen, 4 Welshmen, 4 Irishmen, an Italian and an Englishman. Dangerous, hard runnig backs coupled with a mobile and hugely destructive pack. The most questionable selection is probably Gethin at 1 what with Thomas Domingo and Fabien Barcella being bloody brilliant, but it's my team so there.

Last edited:
Bastareaud over Roberts?
There should be more Englishmen and less welshmen (there not the best!)
and England are?
We have some good players, yes, but none that are defintively better than anyone that Feic listed.
The only player i'd have a problem with in his squad is POC, who i think is very overrated, but I can't really think of anyone to take his place, so he can stay ;)

and England are?
We have some good players, yes, but none that are defintively better than anyone that Feic listed.
The only player i'd have a problem with in his squad is POC, who i think is very overrated, but I can't really think of anyone to take his place, so he can stay ;)

1st we are MUCH better than Wales. 2nd i agree with Foden, Parisse and O'Driscoll, but there are a few welsh players yet no Jamie Roberts

1st we are MUCH better than Wales. 2nd i agree with Foden, Parisse and O'Driscoll, but there are a few welsh players yet no Jamie Roberts

Based on what exactly? Let's look at the results between the teams since the last RWC:

2008: England 19 - 26 Wales
2009: Wales 23 - 15 England
2010 England 30 - Wales 17

Two losses and one home win in the last 3 meetings would indicate to me that England would be marginally worse if anything.

Ideas for Rugby 2012

Can't wait for the next rugby game, should be good. These are a few things that i think would make it a really good game

- Updating lineout options - more variation

- More teams and leagues such as provincial tournaments in the bigger playing nations (New Zealand, South Africa, Australia etc)

- More player personality such as signature skill moves for the backs. Different running styles for each position

- Team personalities should be added such as teams with better lineouts, mauls, back play etc. should have these traits

- A game mode similar to Be A Pro from Fifa

- The World League option in Rugby 08 is good but maybe make it slighly different. Maybe start with a provincial club and earn money by winning games and buy players. Similar to Manager Mode in Fifa

- More variety in kicking such as chip kicks and better grubbers. Also faster kicking ability

- Harder difficulty levels - Elite in 08 is too easy

- More consistent carding not just randomly picking yellow or red if someone is penalized

- Being able to update the rosters whenever you want

- To be able to create your own set piece in the backs and line out moves

- Better replay options

- Weather should have more effect on the game - players slipping, ball sliding etc.

- Update creating a player. Add more variety such as real boots, long sleeve option, skins etc.

- New and more stadiums and balls

- Crowd graphics should be improved (not a must but would be nice) maybe add chants like Waltzing Matilda for Australia

- Video ref for close decisions would add excitement to the game

- A Lions tour should be in the game like in Rugby 2005

Hope you agree with most of these!!!

Last edited:

Latest posts