• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Suggestions/ideas for Rugby 2012

How about having the ability to set up pods. Have pod one outside the 10 and pod two inside. Give the play maker more options

media and interviews? too much I think. Have the season mode, and have in game stats.. Which you can follow throughout the season to see who's putting in all the hard yards.
CPU GAMES
And also, change the way that the cpu games are simulated[stats wise] In world league, I hated seeing most of the games being 33-30 for instance and then follow the stats to see that 21 penalty goals were scored in that game.

Make the simulated game stats more realistic. [I know this must be hard because it has been the same for nearly every rugby/rugby league game I've played.

I definately like the idea of stats for the season, it would be awesome to see who's missing the most tackles, made the most yards etc...in the past few games the tackle/strength abilities havent made too much difference, i.e even the worst tackler could still make a hit if you were dead on and pressed x, but if they sort it out so that the abilities make a big difference, then it would be great to see the stats to go along with them.

I also like the CPU games idea, do any games do this already? does it mean you basically set up the teams and just watch it like an actual game, but you can make subs etc?

I definately like the idea of stats for the season, it would be awesome to see who's missing the most tackles, made the most yards etc...in the past few games the tackle/strength abilities havent made too much difference, i.e even the worst tackler could still make a hit if you were dead on and pressed x, but if they sort it out so that the abilities make a big difference, then it would be great to see the stats to go along with them.

I also like the CPU games idea, do any games do this already? does it mean you basically set up the teams and just watch it like an actual game, but you can make subs etc?

i agree with the tackler idea, it didnt matter how bad a tackler they were, they could do the superman tackle anytime...

No the cpu games was when like, in a competition, the other games which were simulated during the competition just simulate into penalty goals not tries well one try here and there

i agree with the tackler idea, it didnt matter how bad a tackler they were, they could do the superman tackle anytime...

No the cpu games was when like, in a competition, the other games which were simulated during the competition just simulate into penalty goals not tries well one try here and there

oh right, yeh it would be good if they sort that out.

It would be quite cool to be able to have your world league team playing on auto pilot as youre eating your dinner though (or just cant be bothered to play, like when youre playing an easy game in the cup) like a champ manageresque simulation type mode, especially if the graphics were good...or is it just me...?

If any of my weird ideas get in the game i'll be impressed. It'd be awesome to know if HB actually are intending on implementing any of the ideas put on TRF, and if they could actually name the person/s the idea/s came from, although I dont expect my name to crop up haha

Manager Mode, Manager Mode, Manager Mode

no more world league.
and given the wait of 4 years, all round general improvement is a must. on every aspect of the game.

Would love to have some statistics on individual players including tackles, line breaks, try assists implemented in the game.

Decent AI. At the moment can win 80+ in 5min halves without concending a point on Elite.

Scooping out from scrum half - some players should have special abilities to scoop much quicker than others, and naturally break the first tackle.

World League can be improved immensely. Firstly, player transfers should be available across all leagues. i.e you should be able to buy who you want from any team, and every player from every team should be offered you to on the market at some stage. Get rid of the ridiculous 5 elite player cap per team. Currently, some players never come on the market for purchase. Gay. Maybe just a manager mode where you can also participate in gameplay.

Set plays suck and hardly come off. Maybe something can be done there.

This is after all a suggestions thread,
How about changing the rating system?
In order to end a lot of arguments about which player is better, i suggest bringing in a "potential" meter so instead of a rating of 84, a player would have a potential of 77-86.

Its only an idea, feel free to comment.

OPPOSITE TO RUGBY LEAGUE LIVE AHAHAHA

i would love to see a "BE-A-PRO" option in this rugby game....and more focus on create a player. everyone loves to create themselves and put them in the game with the best of them.
MORE selections with socks, boots, hair styles, tattoos etc.

MUCH more tackle options (BIG hits, flying tackles, grass cuts lol) and running options (trucking, side steps and goose steps)

more teams eg: british lions, world xv, legends team (lomu, fox, eales, guscott, etc.), NORTHERN n SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE teams a must.

big emphasis on set plays, ones that can actually be pulled off without the opposing team in your face by the time the flyhalf gets the ball.

celebrations after scoring tries as seen in fifa.
look forward to playing this game. best game in the world

oh and 7-a-side would be icing on the cake.
seeing all the speedsters trying to get around the pitch....classic

Don't bother with 7's......

More tackle animations, more injury animations while the game is actually going, maybe some little short push and shove animations while the game continues away from rucks.

The game should force you to rest some of your impact players during a season as opposed to recent games in which you could play the same roster for every game from division 3 all the way to elite division.

And the ability to have more than 30 players in a squad roster please (teams like Toulon have close to 50 players signed at the top level).

That is all for now.

ATTENTION :

please dont let those Europeans take all SH good players like on Rugby 08, there should be a limit on overseas players, maybe 5, in the Super 15 it is 2 overseas players .

I agree with the rating system... It should maybe be implemented in competitions though, have a default setting and judging by performance, their ratings drop or rise...

I really want this game to look amazing!!! "Rugby League Live" looks like it could be played on PS2 or Xbox... if this game looks amazing, is glitch free and has licensing for ALL teams i'd be more than happy!

I was playing rugby 08 last night and I was tackled from behind inches before the line and thought, man, what if this game had a "stretch for the line" button for players to score.
And you could use it at numerous times, when you're tackled in the corner and just before your feet hit the ground you stretch out to score[this has become real frequent in the professional games lately so it is a must] and also, if you stretch for the line and come up short, it results in a turnover.

I was playing rugby 08 last night and I was tackled from behind inches before the line and thought, man, what if this game had a "stretch for the line" button for players to score.
And you could use it at numerous times, when you're tackled in the corner and just before your feet hit the ground you stretch out to score[this has become real frequent in the professional games lately so it is a must] and also, if you stretch for the line and come up short, it results in a turnover.

Agreed, it also bugs me when players catch the ball from an opposition kick and then (purely, cause of the catch animation) step into touch. There needs to some sort of player awareness when it comes to the try-line and touch line...

I agree with you 100% dan the man... When players are close to the line, you should be able to press L3 or something which makes them tip toe away from the line or something.

Scoring tries was so easy in 08 so I don't see how that would matter :\

Latest posts