• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Super 14 Draft

I'll take the Highlanders, Nic Evans and James Ryan are staying put.

Come on, only the Reds left...

When I have time or someone else could do the rosters, I will probably do them tho.

Is this going to be smiulated? If it is it doesn't really matter who gets put in what team because it simulates to the team's ratings. The whole draft process will be fun though.

I dont think so, we do a draft post the teams and if we can be bothered re-create our own s14 with the new teams.

yeah you cant play with no1 in the game. there has to be at least one human player.

if someone can get around this i would happily simulate the games

But as someone already mentioned, sims are based on the teams overall ratings, so the results will still be somewhat rigged.

no, if you could play the game without having to be on a team i could do it, but at the moment you have to chose a side, the computer would not play themselves.

dont know if thats possible to make it do that though

because that would mean i would have to control one team and not the other which makes it unfair. unless i played by certain rules

eg only 2 offloads at a time, kick when in own 22 etc.

if someone comes up with rules i would need to play by i would do it.

even if i always had to be the away team and i won every game i played (which could happen you know) the table would be so close it wouldnt be funny

on the selection thing, how about everybody chooses one forward and one back to keep in their team.
Then, in round one of the draft, the lowest ranked team chooses one forward and one back from the draft. Then the next lowest does the same etc. etc.
Then round two, three, fourn etc.

Hows that?

Originally posted by woosaah@Apr 27 2006, 02:46 PM
because that would mean i would have to control one team and not the other which makes it unfair. unless i played by certain rules

eg only 2 offloads at a time, kick when in own 22 etc.

if someone comes up with rules i would need to play by i would do it.

even if i always had to be the away team and i won every game i played (which could happen you know) the table would be so close it wouldnt be funny
What if you played one half on each team? Also, how about we start the draft with the order we have i.e cheetahs 1st, force 2nd or whatever it is then maybe after the 8th choice it swaps around so that the crusaders choose 1st? Just so it doesn't completely penalise the crusaders for being good.

yeah maybe that way or somehow roataing from top to bottom and dropping off one team to the bottom for insance

Force first pick
Cheetahs second pick
Warratahs second last
Crustaders last

Crusaders First Pick
Warratahs second
Cheetahs second last
Force last

Cheetahs first
chiefs second
tahs third to last
crusaders second to last
force last

force first
crusaders second
tahs third

etc

it still gives the force more of an advantage but it also gives the crusaders an advantage which they shouldnt really have

but thats another option or..

force first
cheetahs second
cheifs third

then..

cheetahs first
force second
cheifs third

then
chiefs first
cheetahs second
force third

then...

whoever was forth is first and all the others move down

that makes it even harder for the crusaders but the opposite could happen at the end of the table

who knows :D anyone else got any other ideas?

I suppose you could have the first round or two ranked, and then draw teams out of a hat for 3rd round etc maybe? Although if a top ranked team keeps getting drawn early, they should be redrawn or something...

Whats wrong with going in order of how good the team is and then just rotating that order over and over, thats why i chose the cats when i couldve had the canes, coz ill get third round choice!

What about

cheetahs 1st
force second
crusaders last
tahs 2nd 2 last

Next round

crusaders 1st
tahs 2nd
cheetahs alst
force 2nd 2 last

next round
cheetahs 1st
force 2nd
crusaders last
etc etc etc

?????

Also I reckon the force should get the opportunity to retain giteau instead of the brumbies, along with any other players that have been signed for next year or players who have changed region in the npc

Originally posted by kaftka@Apr 27 2006, 06:12 PM
But having it like that will mean my Hurricanes will never get first choice.
Neither will 12 of the 14 teams....

Right some of you have the wrong end of the stick.

One these rosters are for you to use.

Two the draft will be done in that order i have produced adn then reversed for the second round and then goes back to the first round.

Latest posts