Crusaders- Carter and Jack
Force- Cannon and Stapleton
Highlanders-Evans and Ryan
Hurricanes- Umaga and Eaton
Reds- Moore and Latham/Mitchell?
Sharks-
Stormers- Burger and Chavanga
Waratahs- Waugh and Rogers

Reds are still up for grabs unless I have missed a post and if ypu don't hurry and sepcify what players you are keeping you will lose out.

I think the idea mentioned before is the best i.e. we start in ratings order then we move each team up 1 slot i.e 2 goes to 1 10 goes to 9 1 goes to 14 This makes it fair but also gives a slight advantage to the weaker teams as they will have more first time picks than the better teams as there are 30 picks in total. e.g. Force and Cheetas will have 3 first round picks compared to every else 2.

I have done the order for the drafts on an excel chart so if you want it pm me.
But thre aren't any weaker teams all teams are at the same level

the teams who get to retain star players hav the advantage. Otherswise it would be even. The teams overall rating dosent matter if we clean the whole team out, but if we are retaining two players, then teams with no stars miss out, a bit.

I agree with the randomiser from the second round onwards. In the first round the worst team should go first. (or atleast teams with no stars.)

Originally posted by CeeJay@Apr 28 2006, 02:03 PM
I agree with the randomiser from the second round onwards. In the first round the worst team should go first. (or at least teams with no stars.)
Seems fair doesn't it...

That sounds good.

We will need sanzar to crate the randomised draft, as they are supposedly a neutral party.

Sounds good because even though the Waratahs have a high ranking in the game they surprisingly have no star players.

Just had a look and they don't have anyone even near 90 let alone a star player, but alot of them between 80-85...

Originally posted by CeeJay@Apr 28 2006, 02:03 PM
the teams who get to retain star players hav the advantage. Otherswise it would be even. The teams overall rating dosent matter if we clean the whole team out, but if we are retaining two players, then teams with no stars miss out, a bit.

I agree with the randomiser from the second round onwards. In the first round the worst team should go first. (or atleast teams with no stars.)
Yeah it does, it doesn't matter who's in the team if you're simulating. It will always simulate according to the team's rating, not who's in the team.

I agree that the teams with no stars will go first.

I will have to discuss with my colleage on what happens after that.

This is how the draft will be done coz this way everyone gets 2 picks at every postion in the draft. With the teams with no stars getting the initial picks so it levels the playing field.

Super 14 Draft

To download it chose the free option then scroll down and chose one of the 2 servers, type in the code and click download.

First Draft Picks will start sunday 30th april at 12 noon British Time so All Blacks Hurricanes Lions Fan will have first pick then it will just follow on from there. I will post an excel spreadsheet after each round to update everyone on team selections.

Rd. 9 and 23 for me aye? I guess that's acceptable.

...Nah good work mate. I look forward to outcoaching the lot of you with my elite skills of selection policies.

3 black
5 straight
4 gay
2 northerners
1 jew
...And of course 15 good players.

I like the policy mate :p If anyone doesn't think they will be around to make the picks then send me 2 or 3 players in order of preference and i'll make the best pick for you possible. Cheers

So to get this right, i just pick a back and a forward that is not part of the kept players?

You need to pick any two of the players (can be a back and a forward, but can also be two backs or two forwards) in the current Cheetahs squad to keep, and then we can get started with the draft :)

Just the one player whoever you like outwith the already chosen players.

If i count correctly there are still 4 star players available but i will let you find them for yourselfs. 1 Forward 3 Backs.

All Blacks Hurricanes Lions Fan if you want you can jus fire ahead with your first pick after you have chosen 2 players to keep

Sharks Fan has disadvantaged himself as he has not specified to keep players but we really have to get started so his loss and he has not really shown interest since first chosing to join.

For your convenience I have created a draft sheet it has all the super 14 players in it sorted into positions. I have blacked out the original draft picks and I will update it after every round so during rounds check previous posts for who has picked whom.

Draft Sheet

Also are you going to be simulating the games or playing one half on each team.

Latest posts