• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Tana's back

I don't expect him to be his old destructive self again, once over the wall...always over the wall

Get in there Toulon, allready made signings for next season aswell!

Toulon will survive!

Tana comes back you say:

And he will be of lower spirit you mean:

I tell you that you are wrong:

Look at him, how do you think is he going to give in???? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
tana-umaga_1024.jpg

I don't think anybody is doubting his spirit or his ability. Just his fitness and age.

Here's the official Interview regarding this situation.
<div><object width="420" height="339"><param name="movie" value="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x863x7" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed src="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x863x7" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="339" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always"></embed></object>
Tana Umaga
by le_brin_de_muguet</div>

I don't think he'd come back if he wasn't fit. Maybe a bit out of the daily training regiment.
If Olly LaRue can play 15 minutes for Leinster, Tana Umaga can play 40 for Toulon. It's that simple.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hall @ Jan 31 2009, 02:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I don't think anybody is doubting his spirit or his ability. Just his fitness and age.[/b]

Agreeeee absolutely agreee Hall

BUT. there is still one BUT: I adore him and I "want" him to bring traditional fire to this amazing play

He now walks the way Michael Jordan did

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Jan 31 2009, 09:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Was Tana playing?[/b]

http://frenchrugbyclub.com/Top-14/Top-14-T...san-000277.html

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
The home side belied their recent travails, especially in a dazzling second half, and it seems the threat alone of Tana Umaga pulling back on his boots was enough to bring the best out of his charges. Best not be shown up by the boss, and on this form there wasn't really much danger of that. Umaga had planned to play but was frustrated by a delayed letter of clearance from the New Zealand federation - but after this display he may not be required.[/b]

He did name himself in the squad of 25!

If my coach had been one of the most feared #13's only a couple of years ago, and threatened to come out and win the game himself, I think I'd be quite motivated to step up my performance.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (O'Rothlain @ Feb 1 2009, 07:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
If my coach had been one of the most feared #13's only a couple of years ago, and threatened to come out and win the game himself, I think I'd be quite motivated to step up my performance.[/b]

Even if he doesn't play that is great psychological superiority when you know he stands with you

I cant imagine his fitness can be up to that standard of rugby. Perhaps with a good pre-season behind him he could be competitive but not now at this time of the season

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (danny @ Feb 2 2009, 12:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I cant imagine his fitness can be up to that standard of rugby. Perhaps with a good pre-season behind him he could be competitive but not now at this time of the season[/b]

how can not I agree with you ;)

Latest posts