• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Taranaki win Ranfurly Shield

Boozecluez

Academy Player
WOOOOHOOOO
Taranaki 15 â€" Southland 12 .....
Ranfurly shield is heading home to New Plymouth tonight
Will be some serious **** sunk tonight and a parade on arrival

Congrats to the Naki. Great to see the shield heading back to the North Island.

15 years to the day since we beat Auckland for it.

Well done boys, very proud of them right now :)

Congratulations to all the guys from the 'naki. Hope you guys do well retaining it. Well played. :)

Lol they better not get too ****** or they might have the shortest reign in History!!!!!

Pretty gutted TBH I was hoping the real Bay would get a crack this weekend.

We better not lose it to Hawke's Bay now or I'll never hear the end of it.

Congratulations Taranaki.
Well, I am bloody glad the bay lost last night... Get it out of their system, will need a huge effort to rip it off Taranaki. I think we can do it. Come on the Bay.

Best part about last nights victory was the relative no-names giving it everything. Frazer Climo, Willie Rickards and Shane Clever played out of their skins.
I can see Hawkes Bay taking it next week though.

Best part about last nights victory was the relative no-names giving it everything. Frazer Climo, Willie Rickards and Shane Clever played out of their skins.
I can see Hawkes Bay taking it next week though.

Well the taranaki team playing at home are a different proposition altogether..With a packed ground bringing out all the farmers from the district (also a sunday),and a win possibly putting them in the final expect blood and guts to be spilled all over rugby park..
hawkes bay have sealed their playoff game against manawatu,so that is one less defining thing but im sure they will be up for the challenge..
This game will be brutal,bring it on

Yeah but for some reason Hawke's Bay seem to be a bit of a boogey team for us

Taranaki doesn't really hold a massive home advantage anymore though. I would actually go as far to say that the rabid contingent of Taranaki supporters from Otago uni made for just as much of a home advantage as Yarrows does.

50/50 call i'd say. We're enjoying the shield while we have it.

Latest posts