• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Terrible towns

<div class='quotemain'>
As I've mentioned before on this site. Skelmersdale.
[/b]

Hey, theres nowt wrong with Skem, just full of scousers ;)
[/b][/quote]

Have you never been, it's the bigest dump on earth?

Invercargill. Armpit of the universe and cesspit of unlimited degradation.

The envy of all the worlds towns which are waiting to lose every last shred of dignity. Invercargill got there first.

Mick Jagger once called it the "arsehole of the world". He was wrong. It's merely the gas which comes out.

Manchester, pres? Its a nice place, out of all the big cities its the nicest.

For me, anything near or Liverpool itself.

Oh and Burnley.

BM

Manchester, pres? Its a nice place, out of all the big cities its the nicest.
[/b]

Half of my family is from Liverpool so I'm required by law to say what I say :D

Besides, our kind of brick we use to prop up cars is better quality than the kind they use in Manc-town.

The envy of all the worlds towns which are waiting to lose every last shred of dignity. Invercargill got there first.

Mick Jagger once called it the "arsehole of the world". He was wrong. It's merely the gas which comes out.
[/b]

Come on what city can you travel around and get to where you want to go in 5min :D

Yeah, well I just thought this was a great thread to promote our city in. Theres no such thing as bad publicity. :)

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

Come on what city can you travel around and get to where you want to go in 5min :D
[/b][/quote]
Chernoybl in 1986?

As an official Southerner I'd just like to inform you nothern slaves that I've got:

Harry-Enfield-Loadsamoney-doin-55935.jpg

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ClPTFmsxbi4"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ClPTFmsxbi4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Is that Paul Whitehouse on the guitar?

How do you describe Ben Elton?

Bubble? What bubble?

Questions, questions.

Yeah it was Paul Whitehouse and another Fast Show guy on the drums or something.

There's still segregation in pubs in the far west of my state, NSW. This is because if you mix blacks, whites and grog out in those place, you get a nasty concoction of violence. There Blacks enter in the back, whites enter in the front. Bars separate each part of the pubs. Truly scary stuff like this still exists.

Here was me not very impressed with Athens...

Then I remembered Newport, cha'mone.

There's still segregation in pubs in the far west of my state, NSW. This is because if you mix blacks, whites and grog out in those place, you get a nasty concoction of violence. There Blacks enter in the back, whites enter in the front. Bars separate each part of the pubs. Truly scary stuff like this still exists.
[/b]

True, when my Dad was in the Paras in the late 60s, he and his mates used to take special pleasure in annoying the yanks in their bases by ignoring all the racial ettiquette bullshit of "staying with your own kind"

Case in point, they went to Fort Bragg to help train the 82nd Airborne for Vietnam (as per the aggrement which got the UK out its SEATO responsibilities in Vietnam).

Anyway, at the mess for there were basically two huddled groups situated at opposite ends of the bar, one for the white G.Is and one for the black G.Is.

Now, for an outfit like the Paras, one made up of Brits, Irish, Canucks, Yanks, Fijians, Jamaicans, Boks, Kiwis, Aussies, Ghurkhas (you name it, the Paras had it) this was absolute ********. So to wind the yanks up, they'd all go to the middle of the bar and made it as obvious as possible that they were going to flout the rules.

Aye, they just sat there and looked grumpy by all accounts, or one of the "plastic paddies" amongst the yanks would say something, only to be told to shut up by one of the real Irish amongst the Para contingent.

Latest posts