• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

That 2005 BOD Spear tackle.... Some thoughts 7 years later?

Actually I've changed my my mind, it's so nice to see a good old fashioned forum fight that doesn't involve us. We just love us some fights.

It's pretty clear that the tackle should have result in a straight red card. I think everyone agrees upon that so I don't see why we need to argue about it.

Actually I've changed my my mind, it's so nice to see a good old fashioned forum fight that doesn't involve us. We just love us some fights.

That's why I used to like the Aussies "State of Origin" Rugby League series back in the days when "the biff" was still a big part of the game.

I actually didn't give a fat rat's arse who won, I just enjoyed watching two groups of 13 Australians beating the living crap out of each other.

.... BRING BACK THE BIFF !!!!
knuppel2.gif

Anyone who believes O'Driscoll whinged for ages after is just plain wrong.

Last edited:
The same sorts of idiots who believe that BOD's injuries were part of a preconceived plan also believe that....

► JFK was shot by a second gunman hiding behind the Grassy Knoll in Dealy Plaza

► NASA faked the Apollo landings using a studio in downtown Las Vegas

► the 9/11 attacks were planned and carried out by the CIA/NSA/FBI (randomly pick any three upper case letters and create your own secret agency)

It defies belief that anyone could be so stupid and ignorant as to believe it, but believe it some do.
This.

I think everybody can agree it was a cardable offence. But to suggest it was premeditated is above and beyond tinfoil-hat proportions.

Anyone who believes O'Driscoll whinged for ages after is just plain wrong.

I agree. It was Alistair Campbell who perpetuated the "whinge" aspect for his own nefarious purposes. BOD just wanted to get over it... pity some of his countrymen didn't follow his lead

It's pretty clear that the tackle should have result in a straight red card. I think everyone agrees upon that so I don't see why we need to argue about it.

[rant alert]
Because some people have an inbuilt need to nurse a grievance. You're a Kiwi William 18, you only have to look at some of the utter tripe that is talked about with regard to our Treaty of Waitangi, to realise that.

I agree. It was Alistair Campbell who perpetuated the "whinge" aspect for his own nefarious purposes. BOD just wanted to get over it... pity some of his countrymen didn't follow his lead

If that is directed at me I'd like to think I am over it I just don't like how some people try to use it to insult BO'D that I just can't except.

For a bunch if people who largely agree with each other on this topic, my god do you throw **** like monkeys.

For a bunch if people who largely agree with each other on this topic, my god do you throw **** like monkeys.

it's largley because the OP kept winding people up refusing to accept anything short of a rugby jihad against these guys:rolleyes:

Looking at some of the Kiwi responses, almost majority, its just strange how they say it should have been a red card... but say that there was no malice intended by Mealamu or Tana.

Look, i dont think it was premeditated at all, some are taking the pish.

HOWEVER, just looking at the vid clearly it shows Mealamu INTENTIONALLY driving BOD headfirst into the ground. How anyone can call it careless.... has to be trolling IMO.

Someone compared it to the Tuqiri tackle on Mccaw... Well whoop dee doo, Mccaw was not even seriously injured and continued playing the match.

"Growing online rugby" - Kovana

"FIGHT MY MINIONS FIGHT, MUAHAHHAHAH, YES YESSSSSS THATS GOOD! *stirs* MMMM BOD MMMM MCCAW MMM HAHAHAHAAH MUAHAHAHAHA MY PLAN IS WORKING!" - Kovana's brain circa 2012 september

"FIGHT MY MINIONS FIGHT, MUAHAHHAHAH, YES YESSSSSS THATS GOOD! *stirs* MMMM BOD MMMM MCCAW MMM HAHAHAHAAH MUAHAHAHAHA MY PLAN IS WORKING!" - Kovana's brain circa 2012 september
lol true.

And to say anything opposite to his point of view as "trolling"​ is trolling in itself.

Sorry Sker.. But no.

Im just amazed at how some kiwis, 7 years from now can still say it was not intentional and no malice was intended. AND Please NOT premeditated,,,, I agree it was NOT premeditated. But it was intentional, a rush of blood into Tana and Mealamus grubby faces.

For goodness sake. Just look at the bloodly gif, Mealamu is driving BODs body intentionally into the ground.

Call it trolling whatever, but some people certainly have some fairy glasses on in regards to Mealamu and Tana.

Looking at some of the Kiwi responses, almost majority, its just strange how they say it should have been a red card... but say that there was no malice intended by Mealamu or Tana.

Look, i dont think it was premeditated at all, some are taking the pish.

HOWEVER, just looking at the vid clearly it shows Mealamu INTENTIONALLY driving BOD headfirst into the ground. How anyone can call it careless.... has to be trolling IMO.

Someone compared it to the Tuqiri tackle on Mccaw... Well whoop dee doo, Mccaw was not even seriously injured and continued playing the match.

...it's only bad if someone gets injured?...in that case it doesn't matter if it was intenional or not....Tuqiri could have beening planning it for year...diagrams and everything....but because richie didn't die no problem :rolleyes:

Well yes, a straight red card for both players, NZ down to 13 men in the test and a lengthy ban for both encapsulating at a minimum the rest of the series. That is what should have happened.

Instead, we had the protagonists escaping scot-free with the victim out of the tour and demonised for giving his view on the incident. Unsavoury incident which blighted a tour that will not be remembered fondly.

Last edited:
Well yes, a straight red card for both players, NZ down to 13 men in the test and a lengthy ban for both encapsulating at a minimum the rest of the series. That is what should have happened.

Instead, we had the protagonists escaping scot-free with the victim out of the tour and demonised for giving his view on the incident. Unsavoury incident which blighted a tour that will not be remembered fondly.

And it all happened seven years ago FFS. Its history; its done and dusted, BOD is over it. Why bring it up and go on, and on, and on about it now?

And it all happened seven years ago FFS. Its history; its done and dusted, BOD is over it. Why bring it up and go on, and on, and on about it now?

Justice 4 Brian is why.

Also, Schalk Burger should have seen red for his gouge on Luuuuuuke,

Lies.

Luke should have been redcarded, he deliberately and maliciously tried to injure Burger's fingers.

And call me biased but I reckon we still would have won the series 3-0 (or at the very least 2-1) such was the complete ineptness of the Lions during that tour.

Latest posts