The ANC want to take over South African Rugby

mdaclarke

Bench Player
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Wales
https://www.thesouthafrican.com/sport/d ... ionalised/

"The International Olympic Committee (IOC) and the International Cricket Council (ICC) bar government interference in their sporting codes. Zimbabwe Cricket were suspended by the ICC earlier this year after a parastatal commission suspended the ZC board.

Secretary-general of the department of Sports and Recreation Sumayya Khan told Rapport that the minister's intention is not to meddle with South Africa's sports codes.

"(The minister) is just seeking to establish a mechanism through which the department can maintain oversight, without getting mixed up in the day-to-day running of sports bodies." "

Given the IOC and ICC's attitudes towards this I imagine this will be watered down so much that it becomes pointless.

I also think that FIFA and WRC forbid this. If they followed through then South Africa will be banned from all sports. The ANC can't get money out of sports if they are not doing well and entering international competitions. Also look at all the publicity the ANC got from the Boks winning the World Cup. They will not want to jeopardise that.

https://www.scribd.com/document/440...ion-Amendment-Bill-2020-19082019-0#from_embed

Page 10

4(c)(iii) any person who fails to comply with the obligations of the international controlling body is guilty of an offence and liable on conviction to a fine or to imprisonment not exceeding two years;

Maybe I'm reading that wrong but that would make quotas a criminal offence as they are banned by World Rugby

Last edited:
Once you accept and acknowledge how deep the ANC's communist roots are, all their shenanigans make sense.

All international bodies who choose not to enforce their own regulations/bye-laws are implicated and have facilitated the ANC's continued encroachment.

The ANC has been destroying South Africa since 1994. They are just carrying on what they have always been doing.

I think the ANC's intellect is becoming worse as the years gone by, and Zuma's chronies who are still around in the ANC and in the ministerial areas, are slowly showing their hand and how stupid their plans for absolute power are.

I thin the quotes in that article shows that the ANC are aware that should they "officially" meddle with the sports teams, the International Sporting Organisations will step in. So instead of outright doing that, they say they want to look at mechanisms in which the Government can have an underlying say in what happens, without "meddling".

I think the developments in SA Cricket over November and December are again evidence that the ANC are not equipped in running sports teams, and at some point in time they will be caught out, and then heads will roll.

I think what happened at SA Cricket is very sad, but in a way very good for the sport. The suspensions and resignations was necessary, and I have an idea more of it will happen in the weeks to come. The withdrawal of all major sponsors is also evidence that the private entities who funds the sports teams, are not "bought" by the government, and most importantly, some employees within the structures who complies to the regulations, who aren't corrupt, are more than willing to stand up and become whistle blowers.

I think the CSA-scandal is just the tip of the ice berg, and should the ANC continue to "meddle" where they shouldn't, more of this will happen.

Latest posts