• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

the best kicker

You can't fairly compare kickers success ratios if one has be kicking at posts substantially more. Ollie Le Roux has a 100% kicking record. He was kicked a conversion smack bang in front of the posts for the Sharks on his birthday. Doesn't mean he can be compared to regular kickers

Theres a threshold to the amount of kicks made until you gain a percentage that you can compare to 'regular' kickers. We both know that I think, and considering the statement I was replying to, I don't know what point you were trying to prove.

Please enlighten me.

You say you can't fairly compare kickers success ratios if one has be kicking at posts substantially more....well you can't compare them at all. Hence my above statement.

Theres a threshold to the amount of kicks made until you gain a percentage that you can compare to 'regular' kickers. We both know that I think, and considering the statement I was replying to, I don't know what point you were trying to prove.

Please enlighten me.

You say you can't fairly compare kickers success ratios if one has be kicking at posts substantially more....well you can't compare them at all. Hence my above statement.
[/b]
I was replying to the stormmaster dude and his views on russian roulette goal kickers (sp?). I thought that was obvious since i replied directly after his post.

You are officially enlightened

For the record i got what you were saying, and agree.

My Mum because despite being very small, she is very adept at kicking people sharply in the shins...

My Mum because despite being very small, she is very adept at kicking people sharply in the shins...
[/b]

my mums good at that too we must be long lost twins or summit.

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

my mums good at that too we must be long lost twins or summit.
[/b][/quote]
Maybe you're same person... with a split personality.

Prestwick, of course, being the one who thinks tights and curly hair are still in fashion

Objective guess would be Montgomery, although he's slowly starting to make way for Francois Steyn.

Objective guess would be Montgomery, although he's slowly starting to make way for Francois Steyn.
[/b]

Nah Steyn is just used as a long range kicker, he doesnt have the consistency to be the regular Bok place kicker.

Mr. Paterson, Mr. Montgumery, Mr.Wilkinson (as few of you would chose him), and as much as I hate to say it Mr. Dan Carter are on the top of my list.

Steyn has a hell of a cannon though...

Mr. Paterson, Mr. Montgumery, Mr.Wilkinson (as few of you would chose him), and as much as I hate to say it Mr. Dan Carter are on the top of my list.

Steyn has a hell of a cannon though... [/b]
Shouldn't that be, "Mr. Steyn"?

<div class='quotemain'> Mr. Paterson, Mr. Montgumery, Mr.Wilkinson (as few of you would chose him), and as much as I hate to say it Mr. Dan Carter are on the top of my list.

Steyn has a hell of a cannon though... [/b]
Shouldn't that be, "Mr. Steyn"?
[/b][/quote]

damn you got me.

Mr. Steyn has a hell of a cannon though....

percy is really good and wilko was good but he is not at his best level like you could see it in the RWC...but I think that beauxis is a great kicker and he will be one of the best, I also like his kicking tee^^

Go have a look at David Hill's kicking stats. His goal kicking is probably equal, if not better than the current international kickers.

Chris Patterson
In World cup he didnt miss one!
:bana:
76059565.jpg

Latest posts