• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

the best kicker

That Carter kick was a dooozy! lol

There was another one similar to that, i think it was Jimmy Gopperth, i cant remember who, kicked the ball it swung left, then right and curved back through the post, it was mean!

paterson under 40m

montgomery 2nd for uynder 50m

wilko for anything else ander drop goals

steyn for the long range drop goals

then henson for the up and unders

Well as Wilkinson today went through 1,000 international points averaging 15+ a game, I'll go with him. Closely followed by Monty.

Ronan O'Gara is unbelievable under pressure and a great tactical kicker but for sheer consistency Chris Paterson

seen a few people saying the Mossy only has such a high percentage because he only take ones he knows he can land, and that other kickers percentages would be just as good if they did the same. But hold on a sec, isnt it a pretty important thing for a kicker to know his limits?

If patterson only takes penalties he knows he can score, then his team are going to score most times they go for the posts. but if say Wilko points to the posts and he cant make it, doesnt that just mean he's wasted an opertunity and given away possesion? even if he does land the occassional one, would it not be more beneficial to his team to put the ball in the corner and try and go for 5/7 points? (or even take a drop-goal from nearer the target)

There is absoloutely no doubt in my mind that Paterson's the best, you watch Wilkinson,Monty and Carter and usually they have a couple of misses a game. Paterson has slotted something like his last 25-30 kicks

wilkinson, carter and montgomery
but this is for goal-kicking
im not really sure about general-play kicks

If its for drop goal range... Francious Steyn ;)
Remenber the kick agains England 2007/jun?

Best Goal Kicker: Wilkinson / Paterson
Best Tactical Kicker: Juan Martin Hernandez

Latest posts