• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The BIG Rugby 2005 modification project

Actually, i use special moves quite frequently. As i've been using broadcast since the beginning i have worked out exactly which direction to push the right analogue stick.

Originally posted by Jacko@Apr 26 2005, 01:14 PM
Actually, i use special moves quite frequently. As i've been using broadcast since the beginning i have worked out exactly which direction to push the right analogue stick.
fair enough....

I think gameplay is more important than getting in REALLY close....although closer than up and down obviusly....

Side View is the only option for this IMO....

and the results and tips of people who play side view in these threads reflects that they have, IMO, reached a higher level on Rugby 2005 than those who haven't...I have looked at it. Inevitably people who aren't v good tend to be up and downers more often than side viewers - this is fact and reflects many things which I will not go into...I would only be preaching to the converted as ignorance is bliss.

Well, at least i am not a classic man. I have tried side view and it was pretty good however it was too zoomed out for me so i change to broadcast and have that little bit of an angle. It is almost exactly the same as side 'cept it's zoomed in more and there is a tiny angle. I do agree classic is ****.

Originally posted by Jacko@Apr 26 2005, 03:40 PM
Well, at least i am not a classic man. I have tried side view and it was pretty good however it was too zoomed out for me so i change to broadcast and have that little bit of an angle. It is almost exactly the same as side 'cept it's zoomed in more and there is a tiny angle. I do agree classic is ****.
Yes your love of Broadcast is unique indeed.

<

Side view is best - just need a decent tv - I know exactly who has the ball at all times etc....it's sensational.....busting gaps and spotting defensive lapses is the sole domain of the side viewer...

wahooooooooooooooooo!!

This is exactly the same in broadcast. I know who has the ball very fluent gap spotting and running through r all ace on broadcast. I am not resting till i prove broadcast the best camera. However i would play side if i could edit the zoom. I just prefer broadcast and i don't care how hard u try to convert me - it would be like me becoming catholic with ratzinger at the helm. I am anglican-buddhist (bit of a mix) to the core.

Originally posted by Jacko@Apr 26 2005, 04:07 PM
This is exactly the same in broadcast. I know who has the ball very fluent gap spotting and running through r all ace on broadcast. I am not resting till i prove broadcast the best camera. However i would play side if i could edit the zoom. I just prefer broadcast and i don't care how hard u try to convert me - it would be like me becoming catholic with ratzinger at the helm. I am anglican-buddhist (bit of a mix) to the core.
Mate - I have tried broadcast - and it does not allow you to spot nuances in the backline's defense and the shape of your outside backs for options on whether it is best to run or kick or chip or grubber etc......

This is why on hard I rack up 80+ points with my WL team and have won every cup and tournament...most 1st time through......Dominance of the game requires coming back from the game somewhat to allow an overview of it.....Broadcast does not allow this....

You will always enjoy the game...but you will never be particularly good at it....
Also no noe will ever play with you on MP and you will be forced to take a new view and caned....

I could go on.....Broadcast, like upanddown, encourages gap-hunting NOT gap creating. If you don't understand what I am saying it is because:

- You Don't know what I mean as Broadcast is all you know.....

OR

- You will NEVER understand what I mean - in which case, enjoy your broadcast.

I understand u perfectly well, but i am now winning WL games 80+ and most first time. It is almost the same as side. Also, i have had probs playing MP. My friends do not play broadcast, but classic (god forbid) They hate side so i go along with it. I thrash em. They r just so untalented.

Originally posted by Jacko@Apr 26 2005, 04:17 PM
I understand u perfectly well, but i am now winning WL games 80+ and most first time. It is almost the same as side. Also, i have had probs playing MP. My friends do not play broadcast, but classic (god forbid) They hate side so i go along with it. I thrash em. They r just so untalented.
<<classic (god forbid)>>

yuck!! I just got the shakes!

Jacko what on earth do you mean you win 80+ and "sometimes first time" - I don't believe the former and I don't understand the later...

<

but enjoy the game either way.....

I win world league games by 80+ in first div, first try on broadcast. Not every game but most. Oh, and i will enjoy the game.

hmm,how to add the team.I want to add new devision of japan"TOP LEAGUE".
if there are way to add new devision,i make the devision.
Please show me how to add

Originally posted by Los Lover+Apr 25 2005, 10:50 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Los Lover @ Apr 25 2005, 10:50 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Quintes
@Apr 20 2005, 09:54 PM
No worries Jacko and thanks. God knows why EA bothers with the side & broadcast views anyway, I mean you want to be able to run into the gaps and angle the kicks into touch for that you need to be behind your team, those views are only good for watching on telly.

Let me try and explain, in 2005 you have the "CLASSIC" view, which you know is a sort of "behind" view, but it is only in one direction, say North to South. This means that if you play South first half you are able to see your team from behind. Second half (using the same view) you are forced to look at your opponents from behind.

CLASSIC 2 view switches automatically to allow you a view behind the team attacking. I find this frustrating because if you suddenly get possesion of the ball and the view switches you end up running in the wrong direction. Also because the view is now behind the attacking team you defend toward yourself. (down on d-pad). o, dear, I don't think I'm explaining this well
<

If you've played 2004 you might remeber there being "ABOVE A & ABOVE B" views, in a way this is what I'm after, to be able to use the classic view in 2005 to view north to south, and then another, say "classic b" to view south to north.  I hope that explains it better.
Really?

That's strange...really strange.

See, it's apparently hard to find the gaps and you can't aim your kicks on side view...yeah?

Yet I have played Side View (of course) since I have purchased it (and all rugby/league games for that matter - even if up and down view is checked it is always worse - since ET's Rugby League...
<
)

The AI is such that you don't need to know "where" to kick it.....you just need a brain....no offense.

I have won every cup/tournament on Hard level and many by significant margins.....there is nothing on hard left to win.

I won the World Cup with Fiji - beating the ABs by 50+ points......knocking over England, Australia (twice)...etc..etc....zero Lions losses etc....

I have never had a problem wiith kicking - consistently evading the fb and wingers and consistently raking off 50 metres on kicks in general play and 40+ on kicks for touch regardless of kicker.

I have NEVER had a problem spotting gaps....although pitch forks stabbed into my eyes would make it hard..I mean WTF!?

How does one annihilate opposition on side view with out spotting gaps and being able to kick?

It isn't possible.....is it? Is it.....

NO.

have won six nations 5-0 with Ireland/wales....WL victories by 80+ points (10 minute halves)....I could go on.

But your assertions are incorretc and you are playing the worst view.....totally illogical!

- the player misses crucial split-second timing with the screen flip.....otherwise all passing reversed and is terrible.

- kicking goes less distance.

- game jerky and distant.

- can't make out players.

- end up with bad style on attack because you gap hunt instead of gap create - this has long being the bane of up and down players when they go to tournaments and, of couse, they have to play side view...you know, grown-ups style.

- can't make out players (repeated b/c I can't believe you want to play with their arses......are you girls or something? get some personality into the game by bringing their faces into it lol!!

- more difficult to charge off-side line

- problems with ruck? with knowing who's got it? Not on side view.

Put it this way:

I experimented with the widescreen by having more field and being able to see the fb's exact position etc.......and I decided it was irrelevant to bending the kicks and placing them because his position was largely pre-ordained - don't deny it!

THUS - I reverted to stabdard view and am close in again on side view....it si awesome.

Broadcast players cannot learn the nuances of play to conquer the game....I have checked them all recently at my peak and all the views suck except side view...Broadcast view may look good but I bet you that Jacko NEVER uses special moves - how could you Jacko bro? The angles are so hard to read in terms of left, right etc because the screen itself is angled.....crazy!!!

up and down is passable but severly flawed.

Side View is the domain of gamers and those in the know...gamers NOT gameplayers.....anyhting else is madness. [/b]

Great, thanks for your opinion, I will keep it in mind when I want to progress from being a gamer to the elite ***le of gameplayer(congrats) and take my gaming to that next level, and I defenitely will try out side & broadcast at some point so that I can finally realise what I've been missing, and when that time comes I am sure I will share your opinion that everything else is madness, I just hope that I will manage to remain a humble person when I get to this highly advanced stage.

Originally posted by dqn@Apr 26 2005, 09:47 PM
hmm,how to add the team.I want to add new devision of japan"TOP LEAGUE".
if there are way to add new devision,i make the devision.
Please show me how to add
no chance. the only thing you could do is change either super twelve or european teams. to be honest i dont recon youll get a lot of support making something like that. it would take forever and you cant change the commentary etc etc etc.

muchos work

Originally posted by Quintes+Apr 26 2005, 10:59 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Quintes @ Apr 26 2005, 10:59 PM)</div>
Originally posted by Los Lover@Apr 25 2005, 10:50 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Quintes
@Apr 20 2005, 09:54 PM
No worries Jacko and thanks. God knows why EA bothers with the side & broadcast views anyway, I mean you want to be able to run into the gaps and angle the kicks into touch for that you need to be behind your team, those views are only good for watching on telly.

Let me try and explain, in 2005 you have the "CLASSIC" view, which you know is a sort of "behind" view, but it is only in one direction, say North to South. This means that if you play South first half you are able to see your team from behind. Second half (using the same view) you are forced to look at your opponents from behind.

CLASSIC 2 view switches automatically to allow you a view behind the team attacking. I find this frustrating because if you suddenly get possesion of the ball and the view switches you end up running in the wrong direction. Also because the view is now behind the attacking team you defend toward yourself. (down on d-pad). o, dear, I don't think I'm explaining this well
<

If you've played 2004 you might remeber there being "ABOVE A & ABOVE B" views, in a way this is what I'm after, to be able to use the classic view in 2005 to view north to south, and then another, say "classic b" to view south to north.  I hope that explains it better.

Really?

That's strange...really strange.

See, it's apparently hard to find the gaps and you can't aim your kicks on side view...yeah?

Yet I have played Side View (of course) since I have purchased it (and all rugby/league games for that matter - even if up and down view is checked it is always worse - since ET's Rugby League...
<
)

The AI is such that you don't need to know "where" to kick it.....you just need a brain....no offense.

I have won every cup/tournament on Hard level and many by significant margins.....there is nothing on hard left to win.

I won the World Cup with Fiji - beating the ABs by 50+ points......knocking over England, Australia (twice)...etc..etc....zero Lions losses etc....

I have never had a problem wiith kicking - consistently evading the fb and wingers and consistently raking off 50 metres on kicks in general play and 40+ on kicks for touch regardless of kicker.

I have NEVER had a problem spotting gaps....although pitch forks stabbed into my eyes would make it hard..I mean WTF!?

How does one annihilate opposition on side view with out spotting gaps and being able to kick?

It isn't possible.....is it? Is it.....

NO.

have won six nations 5-0 with Ireland/wales....WL victories by 80+ points (10 minute halves)....I could go on.

But your assertions are incorretc and you are playing the worst view.....totally illogical!

- the player misses crucial split-second timing with the screen flip.....otherwise all passing reversed and is terrible.

- kicking goes less distance.

- game jerky and distant.

- can't make out players.

- end up with bad style on attack because you gap hunt instead of gap create - this has long being the bane of up and down players when they go to tournaments and, of couse, they have to play side view...you know, grown-ups style.

- can't make out players (repeated b/c I can't believe you want to play with their arses......are you girls or something? get some personality into the game by bringing their faces into it lol!!

- more difficult to charge off-side line

- problems with ruck? with knowing who's got it? Not on side view.

Put it this way:

I experimented with the widescreen by having more field and being able to see the fb's exact position etc.......and I decided it was irrelevant to bending the kicks and placing them because his position was largely pre-ordained - don't deny it!

THUS - I reverted to stabdard view and am close in again on side view....it si awesome.

Broadcast players cannot learn the nuances of play to conquer the game....I have checked them all recently at my peak and all the views suck except side view...Broadcast view may look good but I bet you that Jacko NEVER uses special moves - how could you Jacko bro? The angles are so hard to read in terms of left, right etc because the screen itself is angled.....crazy!!!

up and down is passable but severly flawed.

Side View is the domain of gamers and those in the know...gamers NOT gameplayers.....anyhting else is madness.

Great, thanks for your opinion, I will keep it in mind when I want to progress from being a gamer to the elite ***le of gameplayer(congrats) and take my gaming to that next level, and I defenitely will try out side & broadcast at some point so that I can finally realise what I've been missing, and when that time comes I am sure I will share your opinion that everything else is madness, I just hope that I will manage to remain a humble person when I get to this highly advanced stage. [/b]
I see you are being ironic, verging on sarcastic, but ironically (yep) you have stated exactly what was required and I will thus read it at face value.

Your respect is admired and required and I hope one day you can be as good as me - if you're not playing side view, you can't be. Simple.

Good luck.
<

Originally posted by Quintes@Apr 26 2005, 09:59 PM
Great, thanks for your opinion, I will keep it in mind when I want to progress from being a gamer to the elite ***le of gameplayer(congrats) and take my gaming to that next level, and I defenitely will try out side & broadcast at some point so that I can finally realise what I've been missing, and when that time comes I am sure I will share your opinion that everything else is madness, I just hope that I will manage to remain a humble person when I get to this highly advanced stage.
brilliant. maybe one day, when my girlfriend leaves me, my friends desert me and i loose my job and gain a hundred and fifty pounds, ill have the time required and the napoleon/small penis complex necessary to become as awsome as los lover and let everyone know, untill that point, i can only bask in his glory.

seriously tho, thats great, im really happy for you and your vast rugby gaming prowess, however it is still dwarfed by your all conquering ego.

regarding the logos etc, im taking some time off from the modding etc as im having difficulty with the tech side of pitch logos etc. ill let you know when successfull.

Davidson, I understand you must be extremely busy with all this modding stuff, I wonder if you can tell me if it is possible at all to do anything about the classic camera angle at all to allow viewing your team from behind all the time?

to be honest mate, i dont know. i only do the kits because im a graphic designer by proffesion. im not a programmer so dont really understand all that sort of thing. editing images is about my limit

that's cool. Have you had any reports these mods cause the game to become unstable or something? I'm a little wary of downloading it because I've had a couple of crashes already.

to be honest, if it starts to f*** up they are very easy to delete and the worst that happens is you have to reinstall it. they arent going to make it more stable are they but i dont think they cause too much of a problem

Latest posts