• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The BIG Rugby 2005 modification project

Originally posted by davidson+Apr 18 2005, 08:20 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (davidson @ Apr 18 2005, 08:20 PM)</div>
i know what the logos are for the tri nations and all the artwork is done (which i will post in pdf format soon) however i am still having trouble getting multiple bitmaps back into one fsh file. im gonna need help from darfh and the other technical genius with this one.

you are right tho, i will need to make multiple patches. they work as follows

australia: big bundy series logo cntre and two normal bundy logos on the 22m

new zealand: big phillips series logo with two phillips logos

south africa. big vodacomseries logo centre with little vodacoms 22m

as soon as i have a patch that will stuff 2 bitmaps into one fsh, youve got your patch. there it is, the gauntlet has been thrown down![/b]
Sounds good mate. What about the Super 12 though?

<!--QuoteBegin-Jacko

Yeah, probly right. We used to though. Then they thought the stadium was too small. Just curious what's the max capacity at Ballymore?
Around 24k I think.

Thanks davidson!
<

Us antipodeans (I looked it up after your constant utilisation of it
<
) are sure be greatful to you
<

i havnt, but i know you guys are waiting so in the mean time i have a solution. what i can do is the centre markings on their own. (the problem is getting the two files in as i have explained) and ill also make a pdf of all the logos so you can at least have a go yourselves.

ill keep you posted as to how the rest is going. sound fair?

[have you guys really never heard the word antipodean? although, i think it is generally used to describe southern hemi peeps, but i think it just means 'people from the other side of world/hemisphere'. therefore we are your antipodeans. i think]

oh yes before i forget, do any of you have the other pitch logos, ie the philips series & vodacom series doodahs as i only have the bundy one. i could work it outr but it would save a little time if i could trace it in illustrator.

cheers

Originally posted by davidson@Apr 19 2005, 08:15 PM
[have you guys really never heard the word antipodean? although, i think it is generally used to describe southern hemi peeps, but i think it just means 'people from the other side of world/hemisphere'. therefore we are your antipodeans. i think]
My oxford dictionary describes it as: Australia and New Zealand (used by the NH).

mine recons its the below

"Any two places or regions that are on diametrically opposite sides of the earth."

Originally posted by davidson@Apr 19 2005, 08:40 PM
mine recons its the below

"Any two places or regions that are on diametrically opposite sides of the earth."
interesting... well i suppose the fact that mine has "used by the NH" in brackets hints at that.

Hi I wonder if it will be possible to write a mod to allow changing the classic view so that you can always view your team from behind, in other words have 2 classic views, you know like rugby 2004's "above A and B views.

Christ mate. You have '2' classics like u mentioned, can't you just change to classic 2? God.

No worries Jacko and thanks. God knows why EA bothers with the side & broadcast views anyway, I mean you want to be able to run into the gaps and angle the kicks into touch for that you need to be behind your team, those views are only good for watching on telly.

Let me try and explain, in 2005 you have the "CLASSIC" view, which you know is a sort of "behind" view, but it is only in one direction, say North to South. This means that if you play South first half you are able to see your team from behind. Second half (using the same view) you are forced to look at your opponents from behind.

CLASSIC 2 view switches automatically to allow you a view behind the team attacking. I find this frustrating because if you suddenly get possesion of the ball and the view switches you end up running in the wrong direction. Also because the view is now behind the attacking team you defend toward yourself. (down on d-pad). o, dear, I don't think I'm explaining this well
<

If you've played 2004 you might remeber there being "ABOVE A & ABOVE B" views, in a way this is what I'm after, to be able to use the classic view in 2005 to view north to south, and then another, say "classic b" to view south to north. I hope that explains it better.

Sorry mate but i won't put up with u bad mouthing broadcast. It is much more fluent, u can angle kicks, u find more gaps, etc. Give it a try.

Oh, don't be sorry mate, if you can't do it, you can't do it. i am sure i will be able to find someone else who can. The broadcast view might wrk nicely for the style you play, I just can't warm to it unfortunately, that is why I want to find someone who can write a mod for the angles. I can't believe it, one of the few things EA had right in R2004 was including those 2 above views. Is it possible to do write such a mod? Is there anyone who can?

personally my favourite camera angle for any rugby game was stadium cam for r2001 on ps2.

Originally posted by knuck@Apr 22 2005, 05:41 PM
personally my favourite camera angle for any rugby game was stadium cam for r2001 on ps2.
My favorite camera angle would be 'ball cam'

Imagine that, being able to play as the ball. I mean, you could do all sorts of things like spin in the air, bounce in different directions, and just when you think you're in control - you get a big kick up the backside. And just imagine the views after a 'Gary Owen', spectacular.....ball cam, we want ball cam...please EA....give us ball cam.

S&$T I'm bored, think I need a new job.

Just found a much more high res shot of the S12 logo davidson if your still working on that patch:
TNS12_-_black_key_line.jpg

cool, nice one. ill do my best guys but im a bit snowed under with work at the mo so will get right on it when i have a chance. cheers tho

Originally posted by Quintes@Apr 20 2005, 09:54 PM
No worries Jacko and thanks. God knows why EA bothers with the side & broadcast views anyway, I mean you want to be able to run into the gaps and angle the kicks into touch for that you need to be behind your team, those views are only good for watching on telly.

Let me try and explain, in 2005 you have the "CLASSIC" view, which you know is a sort of "behind" view, but it is only in one direction, say North to South. This means that if you play South first half you are able to see your team from behind. Second half (using the same view) you are forced to look at your opponents from behind.

CLASSIC 2 view switches automatically to allow you a view behind the team attacking. I find this frustrating because if you suddenly get possesion of the ball and the view switches you end up running in the wrong direction. Also because the view is now behind the attacking team you defend toward yourself. (down on d-pad). o, dear, I don't think I'm explaining this well
<

If you've played 2004 you might remeber there being "ABOVE A & ABOVE B" views, in a way this is what I'm after, to be able to use the classic view in 2005 to view north to south, and then another, say "classic b" to view south to north. I hope that explains it better.
Really?

That's strange...really strange.

See, it's apparently hard to find the gaps and you can't aim your kicks on side view...yeah?

Yet I have played Side View (of course) since I have purchased it (and all rugby/league games for that matter - even if up and down view is checked it is always worse - since ET's Rugby League...
<
)

The AI is such that you don't need to know "where" to kick it.....you just need a brain....no offense.

I have won every cup/tournament on Hard level and many by significant margins.....there is nothing on hard left to win.

I won the World Cup with Fiji - beating the ABs by 50+ points......knocking over England, Australia (twice)...etc..etc....zero Lions losses etc....

I have never had a problem wiith kicking - consistently evading the fb and wingers and consistently raking off 50 metres on kicks in general play and 40+ on kicks for touch regardless of kicker.

I have NEVER had a problem spotting gaps....although pitch forks stabbed into my eyes would make it hard..I mean WTF!?

How does one annihilate opposition on side view with out spotting gaps and being able to kick?

It isn't possible.....is it? Is it.....

NO.

have won six nations 5-0 with Ireland/wales....WL victories by 80+ points (10 minute halves)....I could go on.

But your assertions are incorretc and you are playing the worst view.....totally illogical!

- the player misses crucial split-second timing with the screen flip.....otherwise all passing reversed and is terrible.

- kicking goes less distance.

- game jerky and distant.

- can't make out players.

- end up with bad style on attack because you gap hunt instead of gap create - this has long being the bane of up and down players when they go to tournaments and, of couse, they have to play side view...you know, grown-ups style.

- can't make out players (repeated b/c I can't believe you want to play with their arses......are you girls or something? get some personality into the game by bringing their faces into it lol!!

- more difficult to charge off-side line

- problems with ruck? with knowing who's got it? Not on side view.

Put it this way:

I experimented with the widescreen by having more field and being able to see the fb's exact position etc.......and I decided it was irrelevant to bending the kicks and placing them because his position was largely pre-ordained - don't deny it!

THUS - I reverted to stabdard view and am close in again on side view....it si awesome.

Broadcast players cannot learn the nuances of play to conquer the game....I have checked them all recently at my peak and all the views suck except side view...Broadcast view may look good but I bet you that Jacko NEVER uses special moves - how could you Jacko bro? The angles are so hard to read in terms of left, right etc because the screen itself is angled.....crazy!!!

up and down is passable but severly flawed.

Side View is the domain of gamers and those in the know...gamers NOT gameplayers.....anyhting else is madness.

Latest posts