• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Bloodyslow the "epitomy" of Rugby!

Originally posted by Canadian_Rugby_Guy@Jul 29 2004, 03:54 PM
Don't worry, there's no League in Canada. And it'll be awhile before I move to another country.
There is.

Sure as hell couldve fooled me...

If there is League, its probably as dead as NZ League

Lol. It's a bunch of guys who got together and because they couldn't find enough players they played 13 a side. There's no League in Canada. There might be people who play League, improperly but still play it. However it would like saying there's ice hockey in like Kenya.

Originally posted by Canadian_Rugby_Guy@Aug 19 2004, 08:46 AM
Lol. ... There might be people who play League, improperly but still play it. However it would like saying there's ice hockey in like Kenya.
Or Cricket in France ....

The standard of league in Canada would be fairly good as all the players would probably be Aussies over there on their O.E or something. They probably got together networking through a pub or something and organised a game.

Well at least the Canadian Cougars can claim to have won their first ever rugby league friendly played, 23-10 over U.S.A in Pittsburg 1987. Pity that they have lost every game ever since including a thrashing from the French. Maybe the States are using them for practice in case league goes big over there.

Canadian Cougars? who are you talking about Gay-Guy? Are you saying there's an organized League team in Canada?

Canada.gif

Originally posted by Canadian_Rugby_Guy@Aug 20 2004, 04:08 AM
Canadian Cougars? who are you talking about Gay-Guy? Are you saying there's an organized League team in Canada?
Yes. They have played most of their "freindlies" against the states and one against the French. They played half a dozen of their first games in the states before they had their first historic match in Canada.

Oh come on....don't tell me you are going to convert to league now?

Untill this thread, I had never heard of rugby league in Canada. I have, however, heard about a few Aussie Rules clubs in various Western Canadian cities, plus Seattle.

Originally posted by wigan_rlfc@Aug 20 2004, 05:38 AM
Canada.gif
Oh wow it has a logo... Tool

PRESENTING THE SRI LANKAN RUGBY UNION LOGO!

sri_lanka.gif

or about ...

The Brazil Rugby Union Logo

brazil.gif

I think Ive proved my point

Originally posted by Ripper+Aug 20 2004, 11:40 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ripper @ Aug 20 2004, 11:40 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-wigan_rlfc
@Aug 20 2004, 05:38 AM
Canada.gif
Oh wow it has a logo... Tool

PRESENTING THE SRI LANKAN RUGBY UNION LOGO!

sri_lanka.gif

or about ...

The Brazil Rugby Union Logo

brazil.gif

I think Ive proved my point [/b]
I posted the logo to prove it exists.

They competed in the 2000 emerging nations world cup.

I stand by my opinion: a bunch of guys didn't have enough players for 15 a side. So they went 13.

Originally posted by Canadian_Rugby_Guy@Aug 20 2004, 07:26 PM
I stand by my opinion: a bunch of guys didn't have enough players for 15 a side. So they went 13.
They still have a national side though (something which wouldn't be made because there weren't enough men for a union side).

Still doesnt mean anybody in Canada will have the slightest bit interest in League.

Originally posted by Ripper@Aug 21 2004, 02:45 PM
Still doesnt mean anybody in Canada will have the slightest bit interest in League.
Unless the game is marketed better. Or indeed, marketed full stop.

Not going to happen in this lifetime. Rugby Union is the focus and they're having trouble. Union will always be taking the first steps in Canada.

Well hopefully my scripts will earn me millions. And when they do, union is doomed
<

So long as they beat back only English Union, I'm happy. Try and hit Canada, and I will crush you. Muahahahahahahaha.

Originally posted by Canadian_Rugby_Guy@Aug 21 2004, 03:43 PM
Not going to happen in this lifetime. Rugby Union is the focus and they're having trouble. Union will always be taking the first steps in Canada.
Union is hardly the Canadian national sport, far from it.

Latest posts