• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Create a Team Thread

R

Ripper

Thought it would be interesting to see some of our creations using the create a team features.

Started on a Blues Team for Madden 06

So Far Ive only done created Starters for some of the Offensive Postions:

QB - Luke McAlister
HB - Sam Tuitopu
FB - Tim Dow/Mealamu
TE - Jerome Kaino
WR1 - Rocokoko
WR2 - Howlett
WR3 - Ward/Nacewa

The O-Line Im thinking of : Woodcock, Mr T, Afoa, That Fat Arse Fijian Prop

Any Ideas for the Defense?

hi there

Just signed up to TRF

earlier in the year I made a blues team for the super 12 on madden 05

From memory it goes something like this

OFFENCE
QB Spencer, Lavea
HB Rupeni
FB Nick Williams
WR Howlett, Ward, Rokocoko, Nacewa
TE Mika
O-Line Woodcock, Tamoepeau, Whitcombe, Ali Williams

DEFENCE
D-Line Afoa, Mealamu,
Linebackers Kaino, Rush, Braid
CB Koonwaiyou, Muliaina
Safeties Tuitupou, Atiga

K/P McAlister

I made more players but cant remember where they all were, but just for fun i put some guys like Lomu, Fox and Joe Veitayaki in there as well

welcome gotsa!

yeah i had similar stuff, with ward, joe and howlett on the wr's

but what i usually do, because it ****** me off so much, and its because americans cant count, is change the jersy numbers. ie. wide recivers are 11, and 14. QB is either 9 or 10. HB is 8. lbs are 6 and 7....

and if someones already got a simlar name, i change it to the player in rugby. like i changed one to brent ward, since his last name was already ward....

yeah, little things i change, so i can keep my sanity

Originally posted by Ripper@Sep 25 2005, 02:03 PM
Thought it would be interesting to see some of our creations using the create a team features.

QB - Luke McAlister
HB - Sam Tuitopu
FB - Tim Dow/Mealamu
TE - Jerome Kaino
WR1 - Rocokoko
WR2 - Howlett
WR3 - Ward/Nacewa

but howcome you are trying to make it like rugby...it is american football.....Howlett? he would be a terrible american footballer! lol......why don't you just play rugby or play american football....a sport played predominanly not by members of rugby teams in NZ. I remember doing this once when there was no rugby game....but now?

stop being such a spoil sport
<

Originally posted by sambad5@Sep 25 2005, 11:38 PM
stop being such a spoil sport
<
no,no okay.....

I thpught there might be a clear cut explanation for such madness..hehe....but it appears not.

Might I suggest a wing receiver with more height than Howlett.....perhaps another currently playing rugby international with four weeks off a year?

<

Nah just jokes......enjoy fellaz.....hey, like I said, I did the same thing. Howveer after watching more of the american football I like to go with the regulars but, for sure, each to their own.

I'm icing the bruises from the ***o backlash.....

If Nacewa is there then Howlett can be there 185cm is not that bad,and its the exact same height as Nacew,except Howlett is quicker and is also heavier.

It doesnt really matter though,as Long as Howlett has the speed,If Dante Hall can be a wide reciever(not the best LOL) at his height then so can Most of those players.

Originally posted by Los Lover+Sep 25 2005, 10:32 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Los Lover @ Sep 25 2005, 10:32 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper
@Sep 25 2005, 02:03 PM

QB - Luke McAlister
HB - Sam Tuitopu
FB - Tim Dow/Mealamu
TE - Jerome Kaino
WR1 - Rocokoko
WR2 - Howlett
WR3 - Ward/Nacewa

but howcome you are trying to make it like rugby...it is american football.....Howlett? he would be a terrible american footballer! lol......why don't you just play rugby or play american football....a sport played predominanly not by members of rugby teams in NZ. I remember doing this once when there was no rugby game....but now? [/b]
<

It's.....not....... real you know?
<

<

Originally posted by Los Lover+Sep 25 2005, 10:32 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Los Lover @ Sep 25 2005, 10:32 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper
@Sep 25 2005, 02:03 PM

QB - Luke McAlister
HB - Sam Tuitopu
FB - Tim Dow/Mealamu
TE - Jerome Kaino
WR1 - Rocokoko
WR2 - Howlett
WR3 - Ward/Nacewa

but howcome you are trying to make it like rugby...it is american football.....Howlett? he would be a terrible american footballer! lol......why don't you just play rugby or play american football....a sport played predominanly not by members of rugby teams in NZ. I remember doing this once when there was no rugby game....but now? [/b]
lol, I sold Rugby 05 ages ago and was bored.

Obviously this could never happen in real life, but I was bored at the time.

Also made a team up of famous League Biffos (that even a word?) captained by Reg Regan himself on NHL 2005, and just to amuse myself I set the Fights sliders to maximum.

I normally put them in soccer games.

Once I made a whole soccer team out of my mates. Very funny.

Wonder if you can make a team of soldiers in a FPS game? Make my mates and go save the world (or blow it up)

I made a NZ team in madden (04 i think) put all the current all blacks in there, but it was so unrewarding playing against other teams, so I created the wallabies as well, this was fun for a short time but definately not worth the many hours it took me to complete. I was just so desperate for a decent rugby game, I would never do it again!.

They need to put create a team in the next version of Rugby. Something like a race for the Heisman or superstar mode would be cool to.

I have created a few teams of me and all the guys I work with on Madden and NCAA. I always make the boss the kicker. Maybe I could do the opposite and put the NFL All-Stars on The USA Eagles. Micheal Vick at Fly-Half, Ray Lewis at flanker. It could be good. We would have to find someone who could kick and isn't a wimp?

Yeah good luck finding that kicker! mind you look at Grant Fox!

You need a tough kicker who is an expert at throwing laterals!!

I always create the mighty raiders in madden and pes

always lime green

always have the main dude called "GREEN"...coz there's always a green in the commentary files

give him lime green dreadlocks, and sporting specs.......becomes the most intimidiating create-a-monster of all sports games

Then I always have Daley...............again always in the commentary files

One year I got lucky with Meninga on PES........they had some dude called Manninga..............and thus the Big Fella was born in virtual form

My all-time NFL Rugby Team

1. Anthony Munoz
2. Sebastian Janikowski (K)
3. John Hannah
4. Kellen Winslow
5. Reggie White
6. Dick Butkus
7. Jack Lambert
8. Bronko Nagurski
9. John Elway
10. Mike Vick
11. Jim Brown
12. Earl Campbell
13. Bo Jackson
14. Barry Sanders
15. Ronnie Lott

Reserves:
Mike Singletary
Mean Joe Green
Alan Page
Walter Payton
Jerry Rice
Orlando Pace
Ray Lewis

Might have some kicking problems, but we'll just score a lot of tries...

Latest posts