• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Final!

I don't think England will receive the maualing they did against South Africa in the pool stages, but the Springboks will edge it. England were lucky agaisnt Australia, they were lucky against France - surely they can't be lucky again.
[/b]
As we said in france "jamais deux sans trois"
Come on England

England were not "lucky" against the Poms or the Frogs, England won through stubbornness, force of will and the ability to win a battle of attrition. Ask the Pom front row.

Good luck to all rugbyforum members with vested interests in the teams. As a total neutral, I hope that you all finish your world cup unscathed with your blood pressure levels nice and balanced. :D

Sad that in about 5 hours it will all be over... what am I going to do with myself after the Cup is over???

I've received a quite unpleasant message from "Capo" (what is this reputation nonsense?), to which I would like to respond: when the final is finished, irrespective of who wins, I will still have a country. In 10 years time, there will be no more Boers.

Thats good.

England were not "lucky" against the Poms [/b]
I thouhgt England were the poms?

Anyhoo, my head says South Africa, and my heart doesnt really care.

I'll dont think I'll be shouting for either team really, but I guess I'd be happier if England won it. It will be a massive upset but thats been the standard for this tournament. Lets hope it continues.

PoM = Prisoner of His (or even Her) Majesty, HM being Kings George, King William or Queen Victoria. Therefore, logically, it is more likely that a white inhabitant of Oz is descended from a PoM than an inhabitant of the UK.

Thank you for providing me with the opportunity to clarify the definition ;)

I'm in Bournemouth soccer country, so only the odd bit of fireworks. But after all the complaints about no running rugby, I'm getting in to it.

Come on England, you ugly baxtards!

The local Tescos ran out of beer - except Fosters. Damn you, Australia.

PoM = Prisoner of His (or even Her) Majesty, HM being Kings George, King William or Queen Victoria. Therefore, logically, it is more likely that a white inhabitant of Oz is descended from a PoM than an inhabitant of the UK.

Thank you for providing me with the opportunity to clarify the definition ;) [/b]
No problem. Was'nt being smart, just honestly didnt know, so appreciate the clarification.

Good opening 20 mins or so. England seem to be seeing more of the ball so far. Nothing in it really.

hmm.

Wonderful RWC, ended on a bemusing match.

Well done to SA, you played well blah blah, but England have had a glourious World Cup, and will take a lot from this for future matches, tournaments and general history.

Great RWC.

CONGRATS SOUTH AFRICA!!!!

England outclassed by a better team... Graham Henry always said South Africa will be the team to beat this year and he was right about 1 thing :)... Well deserved S.A you showed us that not only england can compete when it comes down to kicking

I ever so slightly annoyed. I don't see how it was fair to have an Irish ref aswell. Especially as the Irish don't like us english men.

This is my first post :)

South Africa played Englands game at beat them comprehensively...never in doubt...imagine if the backs were unleashed :)

I'm just rapt that the cups coming back down to the southern hemisphere good game South Africa.

Grrrrrrr, Well gutted! i really thought we would of gone all the way!

should of been a try!!! mite stil have done it !

:(:(:(

good effort from england tho!

Latest posts