• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Forbidden Fruits of Louis Rees-Zammit ; )

Is anyone able to clarify if lrz parents are Welsh or not? I've read that he has a Welsh nan which would conflict the Welsh parents story. If they are... his eligibility for England should of been a non starter imo

Is anyone able to clarify if lrz parents are Welsh or not? I've read that he has a Welsh nan which would conflict the Welsh parents story. If they are... his eligibility for England should of been a non starter imo
Lol... yes both parents are Welsh, he was born here and lived here until he started attending Hartpury :). I lol as every Welsh player playing in England lately apparently qualifies through a Welsh Nan (even when that's not the case).

Lol... yes both parents are Welsh, he was born here and lived here until he started attending Hartpury :). I lol as every Welsh player playing in England lately apparently qualifies through a Welsh Nan (even when that's not the case).

If he has Welsh parents, one would assume he also has welsh grandparents. Probably just a media spin on things as usual trying to make out he's not actually as welsh as he is....unlike Tompkins who isn't welsh lol.

If he has Welsh parents, one would assume he also has welsh grandparents. Probably just a media spin on things as usual trying to make out he's not actually as welsh as he is....unlike Tompkins who isn't welsh lol.

Now that guy... as 'Welsh Granny' as they come...

edit. Brett Sinkinson and Shane Howarth would love to be as Welsh as him though :cool:.

Last edited:
So just watched Rees-Zammit absolutely scorch Johnny May at 77 mins in the second half of the recent 6 Nations Test against England and fell 'strangely' vindicated

In what way?

Prem fans have been watching LRZ for a while and know he's class - also know he's 100% Welsh and would never play for England
Zipping through the first few pages of this I can't see anyone saying otherwise so...?

There's something very odd about Zammit. It makes sense that May's fast; he's credited with being one of the most professional players on the planet who stretches for several hours a day and is about as lean as you can get without being admitted to hospital. But Zammit just looks like an average school boy, and yet burns absolutely everyone with ease. Freakish kid.

@TBeastT I know bro... I just couldn't help it after the grief I had on this thread years ago...

The young lad who works on the checkout during the summer at my local shop used to play against LRZ only a couple of years ago at college level. He said that Zammit is actually huge, and a total freak of nature!

Apparently, at that quite high level of college rugby, he would get the ball in his own half and just score 6 or 7 tries a game.

He said he was a nice enough bloke, but a beast on the pitch and nobody was ever in any doubt which country he would choose to play for.

Latest posts