• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Israel Folau Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
kids go back to the sandbox this thread is for adults only. folau's time for things like soo will come in due time but not for a little while yet with the riches qld have in the backline.

benjis has done more in the game than most players ever will in the nrl by the time they are 22.

sbw is also still one of the top backrow players in the game. he has been injured a fair bit and therefore has had to tone down his game. he still is a player the opposition target with a few players every tackle because they know the damage he can do.

benji and sbw a far from burnt out and have a long way to go yet just like folau does

Marshall is done - How many times can you have your shoulder reconstructed before both the body and the doctors scream "No More". Juries still out on SBW... but maybe the fact they were chucked in the deep end before their bodies were fully developed had something to do with it.

Marshall is done - How many times can you have your shoulder reconstructed before both the body and the doctors scream "No More". Juries still out on SBW... but maybe the fact they were chucked in the deep end before their bodies were fully developed had something to do with it.
[/b]

Good post mate - I agree 100%

Chucked into the deepend doesnt help

Weyman for the Raiders is another

We/Raiders have preserved Carney and Zillman to prevent the SBW and Benji ways

Ahh.. I thought so.. Israel Folau went to school in NZ.. If I remember correctly, he went to St. Pauls College. The same school Rodney Blake went to before he went to Australia and played rugby.

St. Pauls is a League school. They're usually in the finals every year. Most years they win it.

AK.. i actually dont mind people following these young kids. thats not where i get ****** off... i get ****** off when these kids get tagged with "the next dally M" or "the next wally lewis". there barely out of highschool and there already put under way too much pressure.
i would hate to see this kid burn out because people expect WAY too much from him too early... it can ruin a promising career.

Ahh.. I thought so.. Israel Folau went to school in NZ.. If I remember correctly, he went to St. Pauls College. The same school Rodney Blake went to before he went to Australia and played rugby.

St. Pauls is a League school. They're usually in the finals every year. Most years they win it.
[/b]

I dont know all the schools he went to but i do know he went to Marsden State High school in Brisbane QLD.

Whether or not it was after St Pauls, or before - I do not know

jeezzz... i got to play St Pauls twice in my 6th & 7th form year in the national secondary schools tournoments. '01 & '02 offhand. they were awesome.

we played against them in '01 at there school and on the walls they had there team photo's. there was one of there teams that won the australian schools competition which was amazing. that team had Stacey Jones, Nigel & Joe Vagana, Davis Solomon to name a few. we got hammered. Evarn Tuimavave destroyed us.

Oh man. You cannot be serious?

He is in his first season and playing on the end of a backline of a team that is dominating an otherwise unpredictable competition.

Of course he is going to be leading tryscorer.

Fair enough he has size and speed but I think you are over doing it.

Oh man. You cannot be serious?

He is in his first season and playing on the end of a backline of a team that is dominating an otherwise unpredictable competition.

Of course he is going to be leading tryscorer.

Fair enough he has size and speed but I think you are over doing it. [/b]
So In your opinion the only reason he is the leading tryscorer is because he is on the end of the storm backline?!

His tries aren't exactly the most hardest - watch them, usually he just runs 10m and dives from the games I've seen - and i've watched the majority of the Storm games due to being a fan when I lived in Melbourne.

i dont get what these fanboys problem is... we havent rubbished the kid at all. were just saying hes no where near as good as AK has said. hes said he will definately be better then Jonah Lomu. there a hell of alot of work the kid needs to do to even get on the same level as wendel sailor or lote tuqiri before you start comparing him to Jonah.

i dont get what these fanboys problem is... we havent rubbished the kid at all. were just saying hes no where near as good as AK has said. hes said he will definately be better then Jonah Lomu. there a hell of alot of work the kid needs to do to even get on the same level as wendel sailor or lote tuqiri before you start comparing him to Jonah.
[/b]

of course he is no-where near as good as jonah - YET

the kid is 17...........its called a timeline

it is my opinion/prediction he will be better than jonah

i have time on my side and a 97kg 17 yr old that runs 100 in sub 12's

scored a try last night - pinched from the sky, the kid can catch - got my 1st try scoring bet for 2007 = $$$$

yes alot of work is required to get to wendell and lote, and then jonah

IMO as a 17 yr old - he is alot better than lote @ 17, or Dell @ 17

I see you failed to mention the fact he started from the bench last night... why... to keep him away from the bulldogs big ball runners who like going on the edges. while thats probably got more to do with his lack of experience that does tell you that Bellamy is certainly not confident in his defence yet. certainly not a key player at melbourne yet.

I see you failed to mention the fact he started from the bench last night... why... to keep him away from the bulldogs big ball runners who like going on the edges. while thats probably got more to do with his lack of experience that does tell you that Bellamy is certainly not confident in his defence yet. certainly not a key player at melbourne yet.
[/b]

I FAILED TO MENTION THAT CAUSE I FAILED TO KNOW THAT...........and look who scored 1st - the bulldogs - bad call bellamy, folau then comes on........Melbourne take control - HIS PRESENCE ON THE FIELD IS FELT

was too busy playing poker at the pub, to realise who started.

CERTAINLY NOT A KEY PLAYER MY BLOODY ASS

TAKE A LOOK AT THE LEADING TRY SCORERS

http://www.nrl.com.au/Season2007/SeasonLea...84/Default.aspx

17 yr old leading the try scoring in rookie year.......show me when lote or wendell did that???

He's been 18 for over a month now.

And Hunt must've crossed the line a fair share in his first year.

want more Shiz??

Israel became the first player to represent Queensland under-19's while still only 16 years of age. Israel has since gone on to be named in the Australian Schoolboys squad to tour England and France at the end of 2006.

There is a lot of QLD names going back in the day…….alot of legends………..a Dell and a Lote, big Mal, Alfie, Wally, Webcke……………Israel plays for QLD under 19's (which before you try and rubbish, is a cornerstone flag for picking young talent in NRL circles), before anyone other QLDer before him

This kid has a lot of potential……….more than many before him, more than any before him.

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

I FAILED TO MENTION THAT CAUSE I FAILED TO KNOW THAT...........and look who scored 1st - the bulldogs - bad call bellamy, folau then comes on........Melbourne take control - HIS PRESENCE ON THE FIELD IS FELT

was too busy playing poker at the pub, to realise who started.

CERTAINLY NOT A KEY PLAYER MY BLOODY ASS

TAKE A LOOK AT THE LEADING TRY SCORERS

http://www.nrl.com.au/Season2007/SeasonLea...84/Default.aspx

17 yr old leading the try scoring in rookie year.......show me when lote or wendell did that???
[/b][/quote]

so you came up with a summary of his presence on the field yet you didnt actually watch the game.... :rolleyes:

he was alright when he got on the park. certainly wasnt a KEY PLAYER. scored a good try. but he scored in the 76th minute. the game was well gone by then... if he was so fantastic why dont you look at his stats... 3 Tackles... 20 meters gained. and you call him a key player???

and you have the audacity to mock my knowledge of football... after seeing the tripe youve just put out it shows you really just jump on the media bandwagon and dont even watch the bloody games.... stick to poker you clown...

i havent seen him score a try like Jonah, Lote or Wendell did. he scores nearly all his tries off kicks. certainly thats no disgrace... but have you seen what Jonah Lomu was doing at 18-19?? do you think this kid will be doing that next year?? do you think the Dalas Cowboys will be trying to sign him next year?? thats what Jonah was doing before 20. and thats what type of expectation your placing on this kid. its unfair to the kid... let him grow

Jonahs stats as a teenager were more impressive.....6 foot 4, 115kg, 10.9 seconds 100m. That is freakish.

Then Jonah at 19 becomes an All Black.

The next year at the RWC he starts making runs like some wild rhino on the loose. Runs which could best be explained as "unstoppable".

The next year....and for a few years after that he continues making these same runs even though he is diagnosed as having kidney problems.

You just have to listen to the stories if how Lomu trained when he was at school to know he was different. He used to run up and down the cricket field pulling the roller!!!

Shiznit, i wouldnt assume i dont watch the bloody games just because i never knew he never started simply because, the volume was turned down.
I dont watch the warm up in the sheds.......i watch kick-off to whistle and without volume you could easily see how i never knew he didnt start.

I watched the game, and played poker...just like every other monday night

I watch a **** load more league than you mate - i wont get into detail just accept it.

Meanhwile we should all preach that SBW is in the top3 2nd rowers in the game, simply because, i am a clown that plays poker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts