• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Leinster thread

• Thread starter snoopy snoopy dog dog
  • Start date
Ed Byrne, Frawley and VDF all signed extsnsions. Presume we're going to get the same dribs and drabs we've seen previously and get a few announcements a day until all extensions are announced.

Ed Byrne, Frawley and VDF all signed extsnsions. Presume we're going to get the same dribs and drabs we've seen previously and get a few announcements a day until all extensions are announced.
Shocked Leinster picking up tab for Van Der Flier

15. Max O'Reilly (7)

14. Tommy O'Brien (15)

13. Jamie Osborne (12)

12. Harry Byrne (30)

11. Dave Kearney (171)

10. Ross Byrne (116)

9. Nick McCarthy (42)

1. Ed Byrne (77)

2. James Tracy (135)

3. Michael Ala'alatoa (12)

4. Devin Toner (273)

5. Joe McCarthy (1)

6. Josh Murphy (53)

7. Dan Leavy (76)

8. Rhys Ruddock CAPTAIN (199)

Replacements:

16. Seán Cronin (200)

17. Peter Dooley (98)

18. Thomas Clarkson (11)

19. Jack Dunne (16)

20. Max Deegan (76)

21. Luke McGrath (163)

22. Adam Byrne (62)

23. Scott Penny (34)

Great to see Leavy back, wasn't expecting him yet at all.

Also the Jenkinator has been confirmed for next year as well. For just €2 a month you too can rescue a South African from Munster.

15. Max O'Reilly (7)

14. Tommy O'Brien (15)

13. Jamie Osborne (12)

12. Harry Byrne (30)

11. Dave Kearney (171)

10. Ross Byrne (116)

9. Nick McCarthy (42)

1. Ed Byrne (77)

2. James Tracy (135)

3. Michael Ala'alatoa (12)

4. Devin Toner (273)

5. Joe McCarthy (1)

6. Josh Murphy (53)

7. Dan Leavy (76)

8. Rhys Ruddock CAPTAIN (199)

Replacements:

16. Seán Cronin (200)

17. Peter Dooley (98)

18. Thomas Clarkson (11)

19. Jack Dunne (16)

20. Max Deegan (76)

21. Luke McGrath (163)

22. Adam Byrne (62)

23. Scott Penny (34)

Great to see Leavy back, wasn't expecting him yet at all.

Also the Jenkinator has been confirmed for next year as well. For just €2 a month you too can rescue a South African from Munster.
A good signing is Jenkins and is what Leinster need in arguably their weakest position for depth.
However the irony of it after all the abuse some pundits gave last season was brilliant. The Luke Fitzgearld "Leinster would go under before signing a journeyman like Jenkins over backing local talent" has came back beautifully.

A good signing is Jenkins and is what Leinster need in arguably their weakest position for depth.
However the irony of it after all the abuse some pundits gave last season was brilliant. The Luke Fitzgearld "Leinster would go under before signing a journeyman like Jenkins over backing local talent" has came back beautifully.
Don't know if ironic is the word. Nobody is happy about the signing. Fitz is also the worst pundit going.

Listening to Cullen talk about the signing. A clear point for him obviously was that he feels Jenkins has already settled in well in Ireland which is one big variable we don't have to worry about now. Could see that being important for Cullen after seeing first hand the failure of Sykes and Douglas.

Also mentioned he first saw Jenkins play at the u20s WC and recalls in specific Bulls v Stormers game where he really stood out to Cullen despite being young at the time and being on the same pitch as basically the starting SA pack.

Don't know if ironic is the word. Nobody is happy about the signing. Fitz is also the worst pundit going.
Don't get me wrong. I think Jenkins is exactly what Leinster lack in their squad. And this is a good business.
And agreed on Luke Fitz. But D'Arcy was saying similar.
I just find it hilarious that alot of D4 centric pundits have egg on their face that Leinster would never touch a goy like this.

To be fair to Leo - I listened to him yesterday and well my views of him grew like he explained why and kind of shows the deep IQ they look at to identify a signing

Listening to Cullen talk about the signing. A clear point for him obviously was that he feels Jenkins has already settled in well in Ireland which is one big variable we don't have to worry about now. Could see that being important for Cullen after seeing first hand the failure of Sykes and Douglas.

Also mentioned he first saw Jenkins play at the u20s WC and recalls in specific Bulls v Stormers game where he really stood out to Cullen despite being young at the time and being on the same pitch as basically the starting SA pack.
Add in he mentioned the 4 SA teams in league now and having a guy with solid inside knowledge on how hey approach.
Like as I said when Leo first came in to job I thought he would struggle. And call it simply Leo is not a great rugby coach. But an extremely great organized and intelligent DoR.

Is he a good coach? No but he has surrounded himself with great coaches all of similar views on game. And well crazily seems to be getting 40 odd players loads of gametime while never really dropping standards.

If Leinster are losing the players that are rumoured it's a smart signing.

I guess what Irish qualified player could fill that role without weakening the other provinces

If Leinster are losing the players that are rumoured it's a smart signing.

I guess what Irish qualified player could fill that role without weakening the other provinces
It feels like such a waste though. We have limited NIQ places and have guys who struggle to make the 23. If we could sign a second row of Snyman's quality we would probably have won at least one of the last three champions cups.

It feels like such a waste though. We have limited NIQ places and have guys who struggle to make the 23. If we could sign a second row of Snyman's quality we would probably have won at least one of the last three champions cups.

I assume you mean Eli snyman the Tigers lock yes?
I guess the trouble/lesson is though if you had signed RG Snyman would you have even got to play him?
Look at Etzebeth at Toulon or even Lood at Sale until the last month.

I guess the trouble/lesson is though if you had signed RG Snyman would you have even got to play him?

It's more about them being available for the period after new year. We are generally at our weakest during the 6n and the play higher quality teams in Europe after. Brad Thorn only played 8 games for us in the season he was here but it was worth every cent we payed.

It's a luxury of how far ahead of the rest we are in the domestic league but one we aren't using or aren't allowed to by Nucifora.

To be fair we do get alot of value out of our NIQs. Like DDA has been excellent for us and apart from injury has had great amount of availability.

Not like Jenkins has been available for Munster this year.

I don't mind the signing but it's definitely a difficult one to evaluate at the moment. If fit, I do definitely see him regularly being in our 23.

Latest posts