• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Leinster thread

• Thread starter snoopy snoopy dog dog
  • Start date
The Canterbury one, Leinster and Lifestyle already have a link.

Got you. Thought you meant Adidas kit. Also they've said they are already negotiating with IRFU for Ireland kit when Canterbury deal is up in 2020.
Must say the gear is noce but not same quality and durability as the Canterbury gear

Two 6 Nations, two Heineken Cups, two Pro 12's and one Challenge Cup. He's has a great career and should go down as one of Ireland's best ever tighthead props. I wish him every success in his new career and hope he can cap off his last month as a Leinster player with an appearance in the RDS and another Pro 12 ***le.

Wow between him and The Bull we would have been monumentally ****ed for most of the pro era at scrumtime. Incredible he overcame such a huge disability (being from Cork) and went the long route before being valued in this country (due to his choice to live in and be from Cork) as the legend he is. Probably would have done another year if the offer was there, but coaching should be the route he goes down. Quiet enough fella, but he changed the game for Irish tightheads.

Great player. Doubt that he will go coaching route. He's a passionate tech man and can see him going down that route.

Always liked ross,
Pretty much the poster boy for Ireland's scrum turning from a laughing stock into one of the best in the business (I know there were other factors but his arrival coincided with a massive upturn).
Wish him well in post rugby,
It's always good to see a player go out on their own terms

Leinster are changing their kit supplier for the 2018/19 season from Canterbury to adidas. Adidas must be delighted to finally supply a marquee Irish team with playing kit ;). I'm indifferent either way. If it's worthwhile financially to switch, Leinster are doing the right thing. Article also says Leinster gear will only be available in Lifestyle Sports outlets.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/rug...o-sign-deal-with-leinster-rugby-35632733.html
Just seen this. Lifestyle are taking all provinces as main store. And if Leinster sell as good as Munster do then Adidas will be laughing. Lets not forget they brought All Blacks to Thomond Park and when they took over as our kit supplier the amount they had budgeted to invest for first 4 years was made back in 9 months. Behind New Zealand, Munster gear was best selling in the world over between 08 and 11. Still now it's well up there and if Adidas do it well with Leinster and Munster along with All Blacks they will make profits scarier than we can think.

Just on seperate note Nacewa set to be added to coaching ticket next year regardless of Dempsey speculation and will replace him if he stays after next season

Mike McCarthy forced to retire just before his dream move to Narbonne. Poor fella seems fairly cut up about it and seemed to have been ready to move.

As posted in the Munster thread, it appears Jack Power is moving there on a 1 year deal from next season. With Billy Dardis and Zane Kirchner also on the move (Ian Fitzpatrick too?) and Rory O'Loughlin looking to shift to 13 on a more permanent basis, it frees up space for Jordan Larmour to potentially come through quicker.

Robbie Henshaw out for 16 weeks with an injury he picked up in a game that meant nothing and wasn't even won because Warren the great didn't want to devalue the completely devalued Lions jersey... Bullshit.

Robbie Henshaw out for 16 weeks with an injury he picked up in a game that meant nothing and wasn't even won because Warren the great didn't want to devalue the completely devalued Lions jersey... Bullshit.
Following in the fine tradition of Brian O'Driscoll and Cian Healy being injured on the meaningless exhibition tour that is the Lions.

Oh well. Hopefully Noel Reid, Rory O'Loughlin, Tom Daly, Tommy O'Brien and Conor O'Brien can make inroads and force Robbie Henshaw to up his game when he does return.

Had a look at your academy tonight Snoop/Alpha. That's as good as it's been in years

Yep, there are probably half a dozen players there to be very excited about and a few who'll end up being good squad players too.

I'd hope so. Suspect we'll see Isa Nacewa winding down and Rob Kearney's game time limited due to player management.
Well I think you will see Nacewa ease in to a coaching/squad player. And I won't be sad to see him gone. he was and still is the 1 guy who puts fear in every time he gets ball against us.
I think it will be very interesting to see how the backrow and back 3 works it's way out.

There'll be huge rotation in the backrow. The phenomenal quality and depth there. 7 internationals and a player one year removed from being World u20 player of the year!

Back three will be interesting. Does Joey Carbery stay at 15 or transition back to 10? I'd love to see Carbery move to 10 in the mould of Beauden Barrett. Hopefully Jordan Larmour gets a shot at 15. A long term back three of Larmour, James Lowe and Adam Byrne could be lethal.

I'd also like to see Garry Ringrose take up the mantle of goalkicker. He was outstanding in that regard at schools level and nailed a tough touchline conversion against the USA during the summer demonstrating he still has the skills. Him kicking would ease the pressure on Joey Carbery and would allow the young flyhalf concentrate on other areas of his game.

Latest posts