• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Lions squad for 2021 prediction

Me every time I get a username change request come through

Proud Of You Yes GIF

Only Gatland could unite so many countries, and have them all pool their support for the same team: South Africa

I'm still team Gats. Some stupid picks but Ryan for me is the only really controversial one. Sexton I disagree with but can understand.

He's in a lose lose situation now. We could win the series 3-0 and no one will be in a hurry to give him or the staff much credit.

Faz doesn't get wound up, he just decapitates people under his own volition
I imagine a Saffa player could have his head in a completely different location to the rest of his body due to Faz and they would say penalty only, be more careful.

This could've been written by any number of people on here.

Apart from the bit where he bemoans Billy Vunipola not going, dunno why anyone is making a big deal out of that one. We all wanted him to go so EJ would have another proper look at Sam Simmons.

No one who is a serious rugby fan wanted billy to go apart from the SA back row who would love to smash that soft excuse for a rugby player.

I dunno. I think you're all being mean to poor Billy. I wouldn't of minded him going. I thought he was decent against Wales in the 6N.

I dunno. I think you're all being mean to poor Billy. I wouldn't of minded him going. I thought he was decent against Wales in the 6N.
So one decent game in his last 20 or so poor games is good enough? He's not had a good game in a long time. You look at what Falateu delivers at Bath and for Wales, Billy looks like a semi pro player in comparison.

Last edited:
He's a complete shade of his former self has been for quite some time. At best he's a bang average 8 currently. At his worst he's lazy as hell on the pitch and regularly comes to camp a long way off match fitness.

Yeah I appreciate that but I dunno, I just don't think he's completely done at international level yet as he showed in the Wales game. Don't get me wrong I'm not ****** off he's not gone or nothing just that I think he could've risen to the occasion.

This could've been written by any number of people on here.

What a stupid article. That whole part about Siya Kolisi is just click-bait nonsense.

He's clearly not up to date with what is going on in SA, and with Kolisi. Who just moved to Durban and only played his second match for the Sharks. He's still settling in Durban, while his family is still in Cape Town.

And he's probably not watching the NH games, as he's busy training and preparing for his own games, and probably spends all the free time he has left, calling his wife and kids over skype or whatever.

And why should our players watch the footage of players up north? Up until 4 days ago, we didn't even know who was going to come to SA. Were they expected to watch every single match attentively, make notes of every single Scottish, Welsh, English and Irish player who could be selected, and do a summary on each of them????

Yeah I appreciate that but I dunno, I just don't think he's completely done at international level yet as he showed in the Wales game. Don't get me wrong I'm not ****** off he's not gone or nothing just that I think he could've risen to the occasion.
I'd take Tipuric at 8 before Billy!

Watching NH domestic matches nope wouldn't expect him to do a thing. I would of thought he'd have watched the 6 nations matches as I expect all internationals do especially in the lead up to a major series and they weren't playing.

What a stupid article. That whole part about Siya Kolisi is just click-bait nonsense.

He's clearly not up to date with what is going on in SA, and with Kolisi. Who just moved to Durban and only played his second match for the Sharks. He's still settling in Durban, while his family is still in Cape Town.

And he's probably not watching the NH games, as he's busy training and preparing for his own games, and probably spends all the free time he has left, calling his wife and kids over skype or whatever.

And why should our players watch the footage of players up north? Up until 4 days ago, we didn't even know who was going to come to SA. Were they expected to watch every single match attentively, make notes of every single Scottish, Welsh, English and Irish player who could be selected, and do a summary on each of them????
Yeah it's pretty stupid, I'd say the whole thing is click bait nonsense and pretty disrespectful, obviously, but he's just trying to generate interest I suppose.

1620719368034.png

And why should our players watch the footage of players up north?
I mean a lot of them probably do just because
A) they're rugby fans
B) a lot of their friends are playing in these comps

I regularly see SA players commenting on the Du Preez brothers/Akkers/Fafs social media saying they'd watched them/congratulating them on wins etc.

I didn't read the article because from what everyone on here has said it sounds like trash - but just wanted to make a note on that point

I mean a lot of them probably do just because
A) they're rugby fans
B) a lot of their friends are playing in these comps

I regularly see SA players commenting on the Du Preez brothers/Akkers/Fafs social media saying they'd watched them/congratulating them on wins etc.

I didn't read the article because from what everyone on here has said it sounds like trash - but just wanted to make a note on that point

You'd like these bits:

Jones, his 159 games making him the game's most capped international, should be on pension. His Six Nations performances are overhyped. He was picked on past glories and because of familiarity, having played a decade of Test rugby for Wales under Gatland.

Appreciate the tour and bow to the occasion, but don't put Captain Plod on a pedestal and don't add to the delusion that this is a team of world beaters.