• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Lions squad for 2021 prediction

I think that should you consider what you said and the meaning of mercenary and you will find it was a personal attack.
Oh FFS get a grip. He is a bloody mercenary, he plays for reward above national allegiance. So what, loads of other players do it.

And so what if the attack is personal? are professional rugby players so sensitive these days they require the likes of you to defend their honour?

Get back in your box before you melt.

Oh FFS get a grip. He is a bloody mercenary, he plays for reward above national allegiance. So what, loads of other players do it.

And so what if the attack is personal? are professional rugby players so sensitive these days they require the likes of you to defend their honour?

Get back in your box before you melt.
You need to calm down.

You need to calm down.
no you do. Getting your knickers in a twist because someone (rightly) called a rugby player a mercenary (oh god what outrage will someone please think of the children)

I think Brad Shields is a mercenary. There I have said it, try not to get upset.

I saw that picture yesterday, it's ridiculous
No wonder he almost had to retire with joint issues - if he was saucing so much at such a young age his skeleton/joints must be in dire straights carting all that extra beef around

I saw that picture yesterday, it's ridiculous
No wonder he almost had to retire with joint issues - if he was saucing so much at such a young age his skeleton/joints must be in dire straights carting all that extra beef around
Not one for baseless accusations normally, but unless his dad is the Hulk that can't be natural

no you do. Getting your knickers in a twist because someone (rightly) called a rugby player a mercenary (oh god what outrage will someone please think of the children)

I think Brad Shields is a mercenary. There I have said it, try not to get upset.
Duhan is a merc. plain and simple. There is no mitigating circumstance for him and his reasoning to do what he did. If he had hardship or whatever that lead him to go abroad, then why didn't his older brother do the same. Instead, his brother stayed in South Africa, made a name for himself, even got selected for the Boks. And then only after he reached the pinnacle of his career, locally, branched out, and got a sweet "retirement" gig to build up a nest egg.

I am really looking forward to the South Africans targeting him in the games against the Stormers and what not. He's going to get smashed by more than one academy player I'm sure. No doubt he'll give some back as well. Will be funny.

Same issue can be said for Beast and the springboks. I think many people like to use beast as the prime example that SA are also using "imports", but then they don't consider the severe poverty, mass killings, and their people seeking asylum and fleeing to SA on a daily basis. It was even worse when Mugabe was their president. And their total control of the country's media, has been ideal in blocking out the situation to the general public.

My issue, is with guys from lets, use the age of majority (18 or 21, depending on the country) who make the choice to pick money over country and to go to a country they have no personal ties with, nor visited at any point in their lives prior to making this choice because money is being thrown at them.

They are not loyal, and they are only in it for the money.
I 100% agree with you that's what the rules should be. (I'd prefer the age cutoff to my 22-24 however and the move can't be primarily rugby driven; which would mean no bright line rule but rather a case by case basis.)
But as long as we are under the current rules gatland should choose the best team he can with players eligible.

Just realised Os Du Randt has a 'd' in his last name but I might just keep it as Rant which will probably be apt if Farrell starts at 10 in the tests.

Latest posts