- Mar 16, 2015
- Reaction score
- Country Flag
- Club or Nation
I think tis important to note that Scotland are a team with a club base of two professional clubs, and in general dont ahve the depth of players than England, Wales and Ireland have.Lol
Not wanting to sound harsh.
But in terms of achievements that isn't a very high one.
Rankings wise you are lower.
People seem to think that recent rugby = Six nations....
Remember you got trashed v Ireland in only December.
What I mean by this is the drop off in some positions is quite stark for Scotland but there are some undeniable facts about the team
1) Their Props combined to record the most successful scrummage in Six Nations penalty wise (Gatland said this but havent checked if true)
2) Finn Russell is an outstanding fly half who has matured in his game decisions, and doesnt make the big intercepts anymore... be very interested in how he goes behind a bigger pack than Scotland would usually have, with more potential for front foot ball
3) Ali Price isnt amazing but he's a good tempo SH in an area the lions arent filled with quality
4) Watson was player of the tournament and should be there
5) Stuart Hogg is potentially the best Full back in the world rn
6) DVDM is an arse
7) Harris is a godod line running 13 with great defense in the 13 channel.
Basing an entire teams results on the players selected isnt great, because in a team game like this, one or two poor performances makes everyone else look all the poorer. As such, while I;d maybe argue a little on the prop selection, more at TH for Sinckler who's just a whole other animal when he's got that emotion pounding through him, the others are fantastic players, and at least 3 of them have regularly made big game involvements on the biggest stage