• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Masters 2015

Hoffman is sneaking slightly under the radar at 10 under, great performance considering its his second masters at 38 years old. Not sure he has the quality to take it all the way, but he has been so good this far anything is possible.

Incredible performance from Speith and McIlroy for very different reasons today!!

If McIlroy makes the cut, I do believe that he can cut loose, as there is no more pressure on him, but doubt he can pull back the 14/15 shots that Speith will have on him!!

I am afraid that this is not going to be the usual Masters with anywhere near a close finish and cannot see Speith throwing this as others have done..............for me, game over!

Rose and Day each had a poor day (excuse the pun not intended) but can see them progressing from here for a top 5 or maybe even a top 3 finish.

Impressed by Casey today but wonder whether he will be be anywhere come Sunday evening when he wakes up and realises where he is which, ironically, could be assisted by Speith's outrageous lead that even Casey cannot believe he can reduce!!! Poulter could be described as a bit of a joke in the majors really for a man of his talent and Ryder Cup nerve?

God Bless you Ben and "little Ben" and thanks for memories.................

Last thing I would add is that Ewan is back at his "red top" best with his outrageous praise of Woods but more the attempts to ramp up the competition by saying that Mickleson is on a charge when his first birdie in a while is described as "he is on a charge"........come on Lad, he is 12 shots behind!!!!!

McIlroy is very, very cold! Pressure got to him big time today, has to battle to make the cut.

In fairness only the elite could come back like he did. I still think woods and himself will make a dash.

We've written a little piece on Spieth's dominance and if anyone can catch him, if you wanna check it out it's below:

http://fourballsblog.blogspot.com/2015/04/masters-can-anyone-catch-spieth.html

Basically says that Dustin Johnson is in the best position to pressure him, with his powerful game and growing understanding of the course, but we go through a number of people and their strengths.

-10 is where I'd want to be at, at least, chasing Speith starting the last round. -17 is the lowest I can see anyone else reaching which is both phenomenal golf that will win 99% of Masters tournaments and possibly not enough to beat Speith!

I think that double on 17 followed by the up and down at 18 may have won Mr. Speith the Masters! He's had a scare now he's off to win me €37 off a 5er!!!

Trust me to fall asleep with 9 holes to go and miss it all!!!!

Just caught up on Masters Breakfast (@ 17.00!!) and was brilliant!! Well done Justin and kudos to Casey who I thought would be way back by now!!

Still - cannot see Speith doing a Rory but be interesting. They do say it only starts at the 9th on Sunday!!!

Last edited:
What have the club done!

Augusta is nothing like it has always been. All the run offs have been left hardly cut and the greens are so slow? This is not the course I grew up, and old, watching!!!

Well done Jordan Speith...... No one is going to catch you and you are only on the 10th!!

Terribly disappointed that Rory mounted no challenge at all and was below average.

Well done Speith! I'm €25 richer! :D

Cool and collected performance resulting in complete domination!

The other extroadinary thing about this Masters is how well Rory did whilst playing so poorly to slightly better than average by his standards, he'll win his 7th major here next year.

Not the greatest Masters to watch but an historic one all the same.

Latest posts