• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Movie Thread

I managed to convince myself I enjoyed Thor 4 until the whole giving the power of Thor to the kids thing….he does that to the wakandan warriors at the end of infinity war and thanks loses easy

Watched Wakanda Forever

Yeah it's a film that's less than the sum for of its parts. It wants to be a profoundly piece about the death of Chadwick Boseman and Angela Bassett is definitely in that movie. Just nobody else as it just goes through a similar plot to Black Panther chooses all safe options and really never want to push its audience.

The trailer with Bob Marley was far far better.

Even though it's 42 years old, I still think it's the funniest sports movie ever made. If you've never seen Caddyshack I highly suggest you do. It's a classic!

1669234036794.png

Harrison Ford needs to retire Indy after this one or pass to a younger actor. He's looking his age. IIRC he also injured himself filming this last one.

The last good Indy was the Last Crusade IMO.

New one again? It's a pain to see sexy Indiana Jones being that old...I think I don't even remember last two (two? Hmm 🤔 ) films...

The last good Indy was the Last Crusade IMO
I agree. My favourite one is the Temple of Doom though

Harrison Ford needs to retire Indy after this one or pass to a younger actor. He's looking his age. IIRC he also injured himself filming this last one.

Didn't he get a big payout for getting injured on the Star Wars set with the hydraulic door closing on him as well? there's a pattern here!

Not sure about this film at all. Guess it can't be worse than the crystal skull.

New one again? It's a pain to see sexy Indiana Jones being that old...I think I don't even remember last two (two? Hmm 🤔 ) films...

I agree. My favourite one is the Temple of Doom though
Was it those bugs? 🐜 🐛 and the dinner scene?

Indiana Jones Eye GIF

seeing there has only been one other since last crusade...is that just a subtle way of saying crystal skull was ****?

United.

About the 1958 Munich air crash. A reminder of a completely different era when footballers didn't earn the crazy money they earn today and sat in Cinemas with locals who went to watch them play.

But also what could have been for a generation of players who perished. Duncan Edwards being the epitome of those lost. Think of what Jude Bellingham is today (both born in the Black Country) who had it all in front of him, who could have played in 1966 World Cup and been the captain lifting it instead of Bobby Moore.

Guillermo Del Toro's Pinnochio on Netflix. Very good.
I watched the trailer for that yesterday and wasn't impressed but have heard nothing but good things from people who have watched the whole thing - might have to give it a watch

I watched the trailer for that yesterday and wasn't impressed but have heard nothing but good things from people who have watched the whole thing - might have to give it a watch
Just a different take on the Disney animated version. Not the live action one with Tom Hanks, which I haven't watched but heard bad reviews, including from Mark Kermode.

so, a few weeks ago the wife was out for the evening and i really could not be bothered dealing with anyone after a long week....so i sat down and started watching the extended editions of the lord of the rings with a few beers/whiskeys

got a little drunk but bloody hell they still hold up, got through fellowship that night and two towers last week, watched return of the king over the weekend....the charge of the Rohirrim is one of the greatest moments in cinema, theoden barely survive helms deep… musters an army to ride three days straight…gives that speech basically saying we're all going to die but let's take some mother fuckers with us…and then charges blindly into an army multiple time your size…might rewind and watch again...and remember this is a 20 year old film

Last edited:

Latest posts