• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The New Zealand Warriors

Round 14

Warriors vs Knights

Warriors 30
Knights 18

Even with Andrew Johns on board the Knights could ot resist playing under par and creting mistakes out of nothing. It looked like the teams had swapped jerseys and style lol!

Round 15

Warriors vs Souths

Warriors 66
Souths 0

Well this game set some records. The most amazing thing about the game was the fact that the Warriors maintained their discipline and did not let Souths cross the line. Peachy kept getting done.

Round 16

Warriors vs Panthers

Warriors 28
Panthers 22

Wiki was the inspiration for this victory and is really coming on well as a leader. Another scoreline that flattered the visitors.

The Warriors are now only 4 points outside the top 8.

they would be in the top 8 if they hadn't lost the 4 points before the season started.

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@May 22 2006, 07:54 PM
Why is it that the champions struggle the season after they won the league?
Salery cap... Once a team wins the NRL all their players immediately become more valuable and they often lose a lot of them. Also, even if they don't, with the evenness of the comp at the moment a team needs a lot of luck with injuries to go their way if they want to win, and it's usually pretty hard to retain that good luck streak for 2 seasons straight, as has just been seen by Benji's season ending injury.

Is a strange phenomenom that though isn't it, 7 years - 7 different champs. Suppose that's ideal though, no one team dominating and making it boring and predictable *cough* Auckland Ranfurly Shield, Crusaders Super 12/14 *cough*

Makes for great viewing when any team on their day can beat any other :)

Originally posted by dobrien7@Jul 2 2006, 09:45 PM
Is a strange phenomenom that though isn't it, 7 years - 7 different champs. Suppose that's ideal though, no one team dominating and making it boring and predictable *cough* Auckland Ranfurly Shield, Crusaders Super 12/14 *cough*

Yeah...I mean....look at who Souths have beaten this year....whoever saw that coming!!!!!

Originally posted by Gay-Guy+Jul 2 2006, 09:01 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-dobrien7
@Jul 2 2006, 09:45 PM

Yeah...I mean....look at who Souths have beaten this year....whoever saw that coming!!!!! [/b]
Souths beating the Broncos when they were still on top of the table was a faily big deal aye... The same thing almost happened in the S14 though, when the Force almost beat the Crusaders. But yeah, the NRL is a bit more varied than a lot of competitions, the top 8 this year is a testiment to that, with at least half of the teams not even being there last year.

Worriers have picked up a possibly handy replacement for Brent Webb - the counter attacking Wade McKinnon from the Eels...

Originally posted by dobrien7@Jul 6 2006, 08:15 AM
Worriers have picked up a possibly handy replacement for Brent Webb - the counter attacking Wade McKinnon from the Eels...
hmmmm....could be good....Warriors need countr attacking FB rather than safe ones...wait....Ivan Cleary was safe and he was the best we ever had!!!! :eek:

Right best place as any to put the warriors eels game that i just witnessed on here.

First half was all parramatta though all 4 tries the eels scored were very soft. also the warriors try was VERY soft. Eels played well keeping most of the possesion and completing most of their sets of 6 where the warriors coughed up 3 of their first 4 ball carries, 2 of them leading to young jaryd hayne scoring in the corner.

second half much closer, warriors played well scored a good try and the eels also scored a good try (cant remember who scored as mertsisagod was talking to me) warriors had to play catch up football and they put in most of the pressure but the eels came away in the end.

the eels need a kicker, piggy riddell is not a kicker, and jaryd hayne had a couple of kicks as well but they only got 2 out of 7 or something like that. and what is with all the torpedo kickers around lately?

so yeah was a good game and glad i stuck around to watch it, though i didnt like the fact that they had webb in the changing rooms after it was announced he was injured he took off his socks and shorts and they took the camera away just a little bit slow. burnt the retiners in my eyes

warriors were very average. defence was down from previous weeks and coughed the ball up too much. attack was very average too and it seemed to me that parramatta were able to read it fairly easily.

Latest posts