• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The New Zealand Warriors

<span style="font-family:Impact">OK ST HELENS!!!!!!

COOL BEANS FRIEND</span>

freakin old lady :bleh!:

Week 2

Warriors vs Eels (Waikato Stadium)

Warriors 14
Eels 22

NRL Standings 2006
TEAM: PLAYED: WON: DRAWN: LOST: BYES: POINTS
Knights 2 2 0 0 0 4
Cowboys 2 2 0 0 0 4
Storm 2 2 0 0 0 4
Panthers 2 2 0 0 0 4
Bulldogs 2 1 0 1 0 2
Roosters 2 1 0 1 0 2
Sharks 1 0 0 1 1 2
Eels 2 1 0 1 0 2
Rabbitohs 1 0 0 1 1 2
Raiders 2 1 0 1 0 2
Wests Tigers 2 1 0 1 0 2
Broncos 2 1 0 1 0 2
Dragons 2 0 0 2 0 0
Sea Eagles 2 0 0 2 0 0
Warriors 2 0 0 2 0 -4 [/b]

www.xtra.co.nz/sport

Well the Warriors continued their form....losing a close match. They did have a chance with 10 remaining but blew it in the end.

The good thing about this game was that it was close. would be too shocking if the Warriors got thrashed.

It is all a matter of taking these close games....all about wanting it more.

indeed gg..i was watching the semi final reply from 2002..and noticed what the warriors lack..

i know ivan cleary is trynna stray from tha razze dazzle play..but lookin back then the warriors of old had key players in key positions...

second row they had big ali...midfield they had the balance of a conservative defensive centre in john carlaw and all out attack in toopu...they had motu tony off tha bench and rovelli is shaping up like that sort of impact player

we lack a all round quality centre to compliment toopis differing skillset we also need that flair back in the second row..move faumina back there so he can play naturally..

the team should look like...

1.webb
2.vatuvei
3.byrne
4.toopi
5.(someone otha then tony martin)
6.hohaia
7.fein
8.wiki
9.rovelli
10.price
11.luck
12.koopu
13.famuina

14.lauaki
15.anderson
16.vilisante
17.martin

there is a blank on 5 which i believe belongs to vuna koopa from the jnr grades...

i mean ****!...we boast all this talent and we dont show case it?...they have to play in tha bartercard?..how is that gonna help them?..

i can name a whole heap of players that should be in tha warriors by now some of which have left overseas coz they couldnt get any game time with the warriors...the management gotta loosen up abit and risk playing some youngins for experience...

They need to go grab some boys from Mt Albert.

Maybe they need to make Mt Albert their training grounds so they can return to their grassoots and remember what kiwi league is all about.

However I don't think Mt Albert would want to be tainted by the Warriors at all.

-4 points, that means you tried to cheat somehow

Why are you still playing? Just to be the laughing stock in Australia?

Week 3

Warriors vs Tigers (Christchurch)

Warriors 26
Tigers 10

NRL Standings 2006
Knights 2 2 0 0 0 4
Cowboys 2 2 0 0 0 4
Storm 2 2 0 0 0 4
Panthers 2 2 0 0 0 4
Bulldogs 2 1 0 1 0 2
Roosters 2 1 0 1 0 2
Sharks 1 0 0 1 1 2
Eels 2 1 0 1 0 2
Rabbitohs 1 0 0 1 1 2
Raiders 2 1 0 1 0 2
Wests Tigers 2 1 0 1 0 2
Broncos 2 1 0 1 0 2
Dragons 2 0 0 2 0 0
Sea Eagles 2 0 0 2 0 0
Warriors 2 0 0 2 0 -4 [/b]
http://xtramsn.co.nz/sport/0,,12027-5216849,00.html

Well the Warriors have had their first win this year :bravo:

Still hard to gage whether they were too good or the Tigers wre too bad.

I would guess that the Warriors have lifted significantly this week for this particular game.

Coach Cleary took a big chance by booting out Kiwi Lance Hohaia and putting in George Gatis who has been AWOL for 2 years....but it turned ut to be a masterstroke.....question is whether it will be a masterstroke over the season or not.

However the main thing about this game that was good was the fact that the Warriors never looked like they were ever gonna lose it.....they were in control all the way.

there was no point updating the table, it hasnt been updated on that page (look warriors still on -4) wait til end of today :) then it will be updated :p

Originally posted by woosaah@Mar 26 2006, 12:19 PM
there was no point updating the table, it hasnt been updated on that page (look warriors still on -4) wait til end of today :) then it will be updated :p
lol...true true!

Originally posted by Rassie@Mar 23 2006, 11:13 PM

kiwis the laughing stock..yeh that was the case in 90s until now since we been supplying all the future talent and we got aussie scouters at every club game we have down here looking for the next star they can make..

we did cheat..bloody old warriors management confused the supporters and players and thats why they got there ass fired

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101+Mar 26 2006, 09:41 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Rassie
@Mar 23 2006, 11:13 PM

kiwis the laughing stock..yeh that was the case in 90s until now since we been supplying all the future talent and we got aussie scouters at every club game we have down here looking for the next star they can make..

we did cheat..bloody old warriors management confused the supporters and players and thats why they got there ass fired [/b]
Normally the Aussies would be laughing at us.....but they are keeping a low profile until they beat us in an International test by at least 24 points while keeping our score sheet blank.........then they will be laughing very hard......

But right now they are holding back any words against the wariors....nothing worse than eating your words when it comes to our trans tasman issues with them lol! Last thing they want to read in Headlines is "Warriors put on Kiwi Jersey and post new record score!"....now that would be tragic...... :bana:

Whats the SA rugby league team like?

I was the only person in my tipping comp. to back the Warriorz this week. How good am I?

hey last year i rated tame tupou to make big strides in his league career and that is unfolding....

see em run over that fullback to score that try? hahahhaa...shades of lomu there

alright now it is all on. warriors back on 0 points now the season really startes. how ordinary are the knights without johns. he is the knights they just can't win without him

:) The warriors are my 2nd team:)

And people said they wouldnt win without Stace....pfffft.

They'l beat Manly next week.

then it shall be 3 on the trot :bravo: :)

Originally posted by esoj@Apr 2 2006, 08:20 PM
alright now it is all on. warriors back on 0 points now the season really startes. how ordinary are the knights without johns. he is the knights they just can't win without him
knights have been the form team so far...but even with that form,there experienced players and there up in coming stars they cant simply put it together without johns...

its quite pathetic if you ask me..so dont ask B) ..

andrew johns has the biggest influence over any team he plays for...especially nsw and mostly newcastle

if this is the case and newcastle cant find a substitute for andrew john's game when he eventually leaves...they will struggle for years

Round 4

Warriors vs Knights (Newcastle)

Warriors 22
Knights 20

NRL Standings 2006
Cowboys 4 4 0 0 0 8
Knights 4 3 0 1 0 6
Panthers 3 2 0 1 1 6
Roosters 4 2 0 2 0 4
Dragons 4 2 0 2 0 4
Bulldogs 3 1 0 2 1 4
Sharks 3 1 0 2 1 4
Sea Eagles 4 2 0 2 0 4
Broncos 4 2 0 2 0 4
Storm 4 2 0 2 0 4
Wests Tigers 4 2 0 2 0 4
Raiders 4 2 0 2 0 4
Eels 4 1 0 3 0 2
Rabbitohs 3 0 0 3 1 2
Warriors 4 2 0 2 0 0 [/b]
http://xtramsn.co.nz/sport/0,,12027-5216849,00.html

Great effort by the Warriors as the knights pressed urgently towards the end. In the end they Warriors hung on.

Can't actually remember the last time the Warriors won in Newcastle.....

Originally posted by Gay-Guy@Apr 2 2006, 10:35 PM
Round 4

Warriors vs Knights

Warriors 22
Knights 20

Great effort by the Warriors as the knights pressed urgently towards the end. In the end they Warriors hung on.

Can't actually remember the last time the Warriors won in Newcastle.....
what was the half time score?

the head chef and the boss put $20 each on a halftime/fulltime draw. me thinking joey wouldnt get injured i said, BLAH what a waste of money. but if he got injured, im never going to live it down. this would be the one thing that would top me getting ko'ed at the xmas party!!! :bravo:

Latest posts