• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Question Thread

No, what it means is that the World Cup mode and online mode will have the new WC kits in, as it doesn't ship with the WC kits as it was submitted to Microsoft/Sony before the new kits were released

No, what it means is that the World Cup mode and online mode will have the new WC kits in, as it doesn't ship with the WC kits as it was submitted to Microsoft/Sony before the new kits were released

I'm not sure this is correct, HB said the kits are on the disc. It's in their Q&A thread. I think the code just grants access to the new kits and online play.

Scrums and mauls

I am having trouble with scrums and mauls, regardless of which team I use, I direct the scrum where to go with the left stick but regardless I always find myself getting pushed backwards, what should I be doing?

I am having trouble with scrums and mauls, regardless of which team I use, I direct the scrum where to go with the left stick but regardless I always find myself getting pushed backwards, what should I be doing?

If your using Side Cam make sure you pushing left or right rather than up and down. If your playing as Russia against NZ then your probably getting over powered.

Scrums trigger the push after you hook. Start pushing before you put the ball in, then hook and you should win. Quite hard to win against the head but I have done it.
Best thing to do in defence is try and wheel the scrum by pushing the analogue stick at an angle. Normally stops you getting pushed so far back.

Statistics & Records during and after a match

Why is there no option to view stats such as try scorers, conversions, penalty scorers and even players binned during or after a match? These were available in past games where you could look at the timeline of a match but I don't see it possible now.

Particularly for online games (and more so when against TRF members, it would have been good to review who scored what during a match afterwards (when the game is not recorded).

game save

is there anyway you can get a whole team to have attributes of 1 ? i wanna see what its like playin with them

does editing rosters disable achievements??

couldnt you just make new zealand really bad, making it easier to beat them on hard with 20 minute halves to get the achievement

Side on camera settings

Hi guys. This Game is surely growing on me. Just one problem though. When playing on side on camera the players on the furthest side seems dam far. You almost cant see the players and ball when its kicked far on the oposite side of the camera .Isnt there perhaps a way that you cant Zoom in the camera so that the players can be a bit closer. If there isnt maybe a patch can be made to rectify this.Please help.

How the hell do you get the trophy that requires gathering the scrum halfs kick and the pick up from a tackled player trophy. They are killing me!!!

New to PS3/RWC2011 - am I missing something?

Hi All,

Apologies if I am asking a stupid question here, but I am new to the PS3 as well as the RWC2011 game and may have missed something.

How do you access more camera views in the game? There can't be just the 2 views available, can there!?

After years of enjoying Rugby 08 on the PS2, this new game was a big factor in finally upgrading to a PS3 and I cannot believe that it is an inferior game in such a basic gaming aspect as camera views. I was realistic enough to expect a re-worked Rugby 08 from this game, but to be so deficient from the earlier ***le is wrong.

I am hoping someone will kindly point out that i've missed a menu somewhere like a proper newbie, but I get the feeling that everyone who has bought this game expecting an improvement on the older game will be disappointed. Can anyone shed any light, or does anyone know if a patch could sort this problem?

Cheers.

I have a question ,

Is it possible to change the online match time in player matches to 10mins Etc instead of 5 min halfs , or can you only do that in custom online matches ??

AND also in custom online matches , are they invite only ??

Just interested to know what view you guys play on. I prefer the behind view to the side on view, just find it easier to control. What are your thoughts/opinions.

Side view looks prettier but behind view is more practical , especially online , i didnt like it when i switched to behind view but as soon as i got used to it it really grew on me , & now i really like it .
its to hard to tackle human opponents with the side view, and its much harder to see gaps , or pick up lose balls , ot kick the ball accuratly Etc .

Behined view is a must for online play if you ask me .

na...cant even play with their RWC kits in international test mode...cant believe i actually bought this..bad rep for HB, now every game i see with their name on it, im gonna walk right past it.

Am playing on med xbox patched and struggle to win a scrum on both my put in and theres, when should I drive?

Same with lineouts I keep getting the ball taken, any tips here as well.

Played as England, France and South Africa and stuggled with all 3 regarding the above.

Am playing on med xbox patched and struggle to win a scrum on both my put in and theres, when should I drive?Same with lineouts I keep getting the ball taken, any tips here as well.Played as England, France and South Africa and stuggled with all 3 regarding the above.

OK
the LEFT stick is the DRIVE button

the -A- button is the FEED button

the -X- button is for HOOKING the ball back just after its been put in the scrum .

So what you do is .... as soon as it shows the scrum just use the left stick to push , keep it pushed towards the opponents until the scrum ends ,
while pushing , you press -A- to feed the ball into the scrum , & just as the ball has entered the scrum you press the -X- button to hook the ball into your side of the scrum ,
dont press the hook button BEFORE the ball has entered the scrum otherwise its an illegal hook & they get a penalty , just time it right , dont wait 'too' long before you try to hook or the opponents hooker will just hook it ,

its all about timing , thats why its nearly always the team that has the put in ( feed ) that wins , because they know exactly when they are putting the ball in .

So basically , as soon as the ball gets into the scrum a tiny bit, thats when you try to hook it .

you can still try & hook it when its your opponents feed in , but again dont press the hook button BEFORE the ball has entered the scrum otherwise its a penalty .
& dont forget to always be pushing while the scrum is active .

OH & one tactic you can do if your opponents have already won the HooK is ... turn the scrum , so the Ref calls a re-scrum and gives you the put in ( feed )

so if they have won the hook after the feed, try & turn the scrum sideways using the left stick ( hold it sideways ) ,
if you turn it enough the Ref will blow his whistle & set the scrum up again , & this time it'll be your turn to feed the ball in .
So remember that , especially online ,
oh & if you win the hook & are waiting for your set piece guys to get in place before you pass , keep an eye on the scrum , & if its turning make sure you pass the ball before it gets fully sideways , otherwise its a re-scrum & THEIR put in

Last edited:
Oh & LINE outs are a bit trickier against the computer , one tip is dont throw it in stright away , wait a few seconds first ( about 5 secs ),
tht seems to help a bit , & try & spot where you have an advantage , like if your 1st catcher is taller than their 1st catcher, then throw it to him quite often , but change it sometimes just to keep em guessing .

When its their throw in its harder to win obviously, but you can still get it sometimes, you have a 1 in 3 chance if you just guess front , middle or back before they throw it in,
and then press your chosen butten the second you see some movement.

oh and against the computer i tend to use the front guy or the middle guy most, i seem to have the least luck when i throw it to the back guy.

Last edited:

Latest posts