• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The relegation run-in

They didnt save Northampton,Quins or Newcastle. also The AP is not controlled by the RFU

But the criteria rules come from the RFU, and the document changes on a yearly basis. It's also key to note that the document is not widely available as it only goes to the clubs. I remember we had a copy last year and reading through discovered the majority of teams would not get back up if they got relegated.

He's a little too old now for a year in the Championship imo. He's also a little too good. And too expensive for Welsh. I think Northampton should have a look at him.

Never though I'd say this, but I wouldn't object to Saints giving Henson a crack. Seems to have settled down a bit and as much of a nob as he used to be, there is no denying his quality on the field. Would give us some real class at 12 or provide another option at 10.

Wouldn't say no to a backline of:

9. Fotuali'i
10. Myler
11. North
12. Henson
13. Pisi
14. Elliot
15. Foden

Would certainly give us more firepower behind the scrum than we've had this season.

Never though I'd say this, but I wouldn't object to Saints giving Henson a crack. Seems to have settled down a bit and as much of a nob as he used to be, there is no denying his quality on the field. Would give us some real class at 12 or provide another option at 10.

9. Fotuali'i
10. Myler
11. North
12. Henson
13. Pisi
14. Elliot
15. Foden

Would certainly give us more firepower behind the scrum than we've had this season.

Presuming everyone in that little line up is on form and fit that is quite a tasty proposition.

Falcons have just resigned Rory Clegg by the way, seem to have their 9-10 partnership sorted. I hope Clegg gets some games and learns from playing with Blair, he never really clicked at Quins.

9. Fotuali'i
10. Myler
11. North
12. Henson
13. Pisi
14. Elliot
15. Foden

For a team which has been carried by its pack for so long, that's actually looking one of the best backlines in the league. BUT there's still a weakness with Myler at 10 imo. Would you go 10. Myler 12. Henson, or 10. Henson 12. Burrell/Waldouck/whoever else?

For a team which has been carried by its pack for so long, that's actually looking one of the best backlines in the league. BUT there's still a weakness with Myler at 10 imo. Would you go 10. Myler 12. Henson, or 10. Henson 12. Burrell/Waldouck/whoever else?

I like Myler (although some Saints fans seem to think this borders on treason) - he is never going to set the world alight but he is a good solid 10 who never gets as much credit for his passing as he should. Some supporters seem to feel that the horrendous loopy miss passes of a player like Lamb are the pinnacle of attacking play. Personally, I don't think we could have reached the European final a couple of season ago without a decent 10.

Burrell is a tank going forward but needs to work on his defense. Conversely, Waldouck has been solid in midfield, but hasn't yet shone going forwards. If we could somehow breed the two it would make for a hell of a centre. For some reason Mallinder hasn't tried him there yet, but I wood love to see James Wilson given a shot at 12. Watch this space, you heard it here first etc.

Northampton saints have already had enough crap of the WRU for signing George north let alone trying to sign Henson from London welsh although he was always more of a footballer than a rugby player

Northampton saints have already had enough crap of the WRU for signing George north let alone trying to sign Henson from London welsh although he was always more of a footballer than a rugby player

What's the WRU got to do with London Welsh? London Welsh are a RFU club. Signing of Henson would have nothing to do with the WRU.

Yer but he's a well nown welsh player ( who should really be playing within the welsh region) even if he hasn't done so for some time

Yer but he's a well nown welsh player ( who should really be playing within the welsh region) even if he hasn't done so for some time

The "issue" with north was he's in his 20's and is being moved onto the Saints a year before his contract is out. Not just that he's gone there.. It'd be different with Henson being in his 30's..

Still doesn't mean that the WRU will have anything to do with it - they've got nowt to do with Peel at Sale, James at Bath, Mitchell at Chiefs etc.

^
I remember almost spilling my pint in admiration when I watched that the first time.

Who do Newcastle have in the centres? I can't imagine any of the 'big' Premiership clubs taking a gamble on him but I can see Falcons getting him over the summer presuming they get promoted.

^
I remember almost spilling my pint in admiration when I watched that the first time.

Who do Newcastle have in the centres? I can't imagine any of the 'big' Premiership clubs taking a gamble on him but I can see Falcons getting him over the summer presuming they get promoted.

Cant see him coming to Newcastle if bath offer him a contract

True. Bath have will probably have top tier European rugby next year and a real tasty squad assembling that should do far more than the average showing of this year. Falcon (assuming they are promoted) will be looking at a mid-table finish at the best. I said I couldn't see a 'big' club showing interest but now I've been proved wrong there I'll happily agree with you, if Bath offer he will go.

Henson hasn't confirmed the move to bath so Thers still time

Latest posts