• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The rugby patch season 2016-2017

@peter83 can you make 256HD Ball pack like MJC made?

Yes, but I do not know if I have the time, my friend ... from what I see in the forum and nobody is helping in its update, in a few months I'm going to be a pope and I think after that I will not have enough time to continue working on Updates, I hope more forum people can do help ....

Game crashes when I load up pro 12, European tournament and when I go on the world cup with new Zealand they are already in the quarter finals

Game crashes when I load up pro 12, European tournament and when I go on the world cup with new Zealand they are already in the quarter finals
I do not know why that happens to me, my friend .. I like the tournaments in the world league, but it is a problem or the roster list or the allocation of the stadiums, but when I uploaded the pro 12 patch I was able to check every stadium and Your assignment. Try reinstalling the patches

Some glitches I noticed:

The Lions Tour:
3rd Match is against Bristol (New Zealand Flag). Game crashes. It should probably be against Maori All Blacks.

Empty seats:
Not empty, but missing some images. It gets pink, or yellow, or blue, depending on the stadiu

Tblisi Stadium missing some features:
It have no image on posts and corner flags. There's a pink wrap with the letters B A D.

Some glitches I noticed:

The Lions Tour:
3rd Match is against Bristol (New Zealand Flag). Game crashes. It should probably be against Maori All Blacks.

Empty seats:
Not empty, but missing some images. It gets pink, or yellow, or blue, depending on the stadiu

Tblisi Stadium missing some features:
It have no image on posts and corner flags. There's a pink wrap with the letters B A D.
If my friend, they are problems that have not been solved so far, I am working on my free time with some kits of the 2017-2018 season, and also the stadiums, updating the stadios, the posts and some more things .. If you wish, you are welcome to help with the patch.

Hi,
Friends will work to fix some errors, know forgive for the not so quality of the kits, we work hard and it takes time to do each and every one of the kits and improve the game, we will improve and update the game as the Time, thank you very much.
is this only for pc or ps2 as well? Can you please explain how i download this patch please, desperate haha

@peter83 , I found this wandering through internet: Fonts for All Blacks (Used by Super Rugby Teams too). I have the editable glyphs, but I don't know how to put it into the game.

REMOVED (sorry Penne Rara)

Last edited:
@peter83 , I found this wandering through internet: Fonts for All Blacks (Used by Super Rugby Teams too). I have the editable glyphs, but I don't know how to put it into the game.

Screenshot_1.png
I made them. Where did you find them?

I made them. Where did you find them?
Lots of googling. I tried to make a vector version, since the image I found was so small (600x250 or something like this), but if you have a version with bigger quality, I'd be happy to delete this. I have no intention of stealing artwork.

Lots of googling. I tried to make a vector version, since the image I found was so small (600x250 or something like this), but if you have a version with bigger quality, I'd be happy to delete this. I have no intention of stealing artwork.
There you go:
https://www.therugbyforum.com/threads/new-zealand-conference-font-2017.38900/

Please send me the link of the website where you found that picture via PM. And don't hesitate to contact me should you need something else.
I have no problem about people using my work or modifying it, but they have to let me know and credit me for the work I did. That image shows no reference whatsoever to my name or anything else, they were cheeky enough to just remove it from the picture and (possibly) make it their own.

There you go:
https://www.therugbyforum.com/threads/new-zealand-conference-font-2017.38900/

Please send me the link of the website where you found that picture via PM. And don't hesitate to contact me should you need something else.
I have no problem about people using my work or modifying it, but they have to let me know and credit me for the work I did. That image shows no reference whatsoever to my name or anything else, they were cheeky enough to just remove it from the picture and (possibly) make it their own.

Wait, there's a problem then.

I apologise, since I made the image above myself.

I made the vector image using an image of the low quality of your artwork. Turns out the artwork thief is me, and I'm so sorry. I guarantee you I had no intention of pass it as mine, but the logo in artwork was so small and I couldn't convert it properly. I'll delete the image above and publish it again with the correct credits. I can send you this vector version if you prefer.

Once again, sorry.

Wait, there's a problem then.

I apologise, since I made the image above myself.

I made the vector image using an image of the low quality of your artwork. Turns out the artwork thief is me, and I'm so sorry. I guarantee you I had no intention of pass it as mine, but the logo in artwork was so small and I couldn't convert it properly. I'll delete the image above and publish it again with the correct credits. I can send you this vector version if you prefer.

Once again, sorry.
It's alright, I'm glad you're truthful and never wanted to steal my creations. I'm not asking you to put my signature on it, just specify the author and where you took the file from will be enough. And I'll be more than happy if you kept me informed (by sending me a message) each time you plan to modify and/or publish my works.

If you wish to use this font to implement it in Rugby 08, I'll send you xcf files so that you can paste the numbers into a single image which you will then convert to the suitable file format. Are you happy with that?

@Penne Rara i wouldn't worry too much, John isn't a member of the rugby 08 modding group (though he is more than welcome to) which has modded the rugby patch (this one in the first page of this topic). So i am absolutely certain he would not be stealing work as he said he wouldn't. And you talked something about sending us files for rugby 08, We only would require the pictures to fit the kits as fonting for rugby 08 is different to rugby challenge we would actually have to edit the numbers to the back of the kits so we need to have 22 back kits files with each of them with the different numbers. I would however would like permission to have a look over what you done and see when we can use which would be helpful for rugby 08 and obviously we will make sure you are mentioned in our projects.

And for questions relating to problems with this patch I unfortunately yet again have lost rugby 08 and files for them, when i can get it back i will attempt to fix them myself and see what i can come out with cause a broken patch isn't a good one. There are some which i've seen and i can give some possible solutions to fixing them

That will be because of the fixture list. So if you know how to use the hex editor you could try editing them.

Not empty, but missing some images. It gets pink, or yellow, or blue, depending on the stadium
I think that is more to do with the textures. I've not downloaded Freddie's Stadium update but i do not have this problem with me though Freddies work is very good

yet again something wrong with the texture's think it only needs updating which can be achieved through finding the files in the rugbyGob and assigning new textures to them.

And for a big one some people are talking about the world league having an issue. I will need to fully check them first by myself to help make fix for it but i do know for the world league to run it needs an updated roster, which is a default which means that you have to copy a file from woosah into rugby 08 which can only be done with the old woosah editor. And you also need the fixture lists all updated which can be done through the .hex editor.

Hopefully this helps if not you can try messaging @peter83 @geostar @ama1 or @donisaman1 who have hugely contributed in this patch and have done an awesome job so far and are very close to a fully working patch and i'm sure we can achieve a fully working patch soon.

@Naidii this is only a pc patch and is not compatible for ps2

UPDATE: I have gotten rugby 08 with everything downloaded for the patch and have found that the Roster has not been set to the default which has caused my Rugby 08 World league to crash as soon as i picked my settings. What i mean by set to default that if i load a roster up and in game i click on reset to default i should get the updated roster still, Instead i get the roster from the TRF Rugby 10 patch which has less teams than what this patch contains which therefore some teams wont be recognised by the game. To set the roster to default i simply need to go onto the Woosaah rugby editor and load the roster then click set to default there then copy the 73cb47d1d69c90f28fd1cc4186ac1926.rdf file into the Rugby 08 dictionary only problem with my editor when i click set to default it only says the file named is been used by another program, if anyone has an older version which should work then go for it and see if its been done.

Last edited:
Friends I am working on most of the kits, also in the update of stadiums and other complements, I hope your help in this new update

24p9zph.png

usa kit adidas 2017-18

2sbu529.png

namibia canterbury 2017-18

n6cobk.jpg

tonga kit mizuno 2017-18

11htlco.png

italia new kit macron 2017-18

2h532g7.png

australia kit asisc 2017-18

2iha58z.png

south afrika kit asisc 2017-18

34r7luq.png

new pacific stadium

30w5mab.png

Stadiums without fans

Last edited:
@peter83 that looks awesome!! Will you make a updated roster? And is there any chance of new Faces being made?

@peter83 Kits and stadiums are both looking very nice. Is this for a 2017 - 2018 patch or are you just adding them to this one ?

@Penne Rara i wouldn't worry too much, John isn't a member of the rugby 08 modding group (though he is more than welcome to) which has modded the rugby patch (this one in the first page of this topic). So i am absolutely certain he would not be stealing work as he said he wouldn't. And you talked something about sending us files for rugby 08, We only would require the pictures to fit the kits as fonting for rugby 08 is different to rugby challenge we would actually have to edit the numbers to the back of the kits so we need to have 22 back kits files with each of them with the different numbers. I would however would like permission to have a look over what you done and see when we can use which would be helpful for rugby 08 and obviously we will make sure you are mentioned in our projects.
Dully noted. I'll send you the files over this weekend.

Latest posts