• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Rugby Thread

Big Ewis

Hall of Fame
Country Flag
France
Club or Nation
Toulon
Yeaaaah, so I was thinking we'd introduce a Rugby thread here given the lack of activity on the forum these days. You know, something to kill time. Or to massage time, I've always preferred that expression (which I did NOT just come up with..).
So yeah, they've got that Southern Hemisphere championship coming soon, they simply call it "The Rugby Championship" (how fkn pompous is that, seriously...). It's going to be pretty cool. Apparently some people have reason to believe the Australian Wallabies can beat the New Zealand All-Blacks this year.
So the World Cup is happening next year. In England. Hopefully the home side will be more prepared than home team Brazil in the football world cup, am I right ?!...7-1 at home, what would that be in Rugby, like, 13-61 ?

Anyways, Rugby Union is pretty cool. I love it when they do those scrums !

It's tough to see someone try so hard, yet fail so miserably.

It's tough to see someone try so hard, yet fail so miserably.

alright, that's it. I've had enough of this. You're clearly outrageously sexually attracted to me, and although those are three consecutive adverbs I just used there, and "although those" sounds weird, the message is clear. It's been a little while, you've been erect as a rutting Spanish bull and can't stop humping on my posts. I mean good Lord, it's downright indecent, and that's me speaking ! Get a hang on your...thing down there, take a deep breath and handle yourself, man. This is seriously starting to get embarrassing, and I'd be a gigantic lying hypocrite if I said it wasn't starting to turn me on like hell myself !!

alright, that's it. I've had enough of this. You're clearly outrageously sexually attracted to me, and although those are three consecutive adverbs I just used there, and "although those" sounds weird, the message is clear. It's been a little while, you've been erect as a rutting Spanish bull and can't stop humping on my posts. I mean good Lord, it's downright indecent, and that's me speaking ! Get a hang on your...thing down there, take a deep breath and handle yourself, man. This is seriously starting to get embarrassing, and I'd be a gigantic lying hypocrite if I said it wasn't starting to turn me on like hell myself !!

./

This thread has given me a sudden urge to end it all, and I'm not quite able to pinpoint why.

you like short shorts ?? I like short shorts. And btw, I'm hugely disappointed...I thought I'd get at least a few more replies here, man, this forum really doesn't like Rugby...tskk...

I think most guys here only like rugby when they can complain about something...maybe I should start...

You know what's wrong with rugby? The name. If you say it too fast it comes out as 'rubme'. Very embarrassing when that happens in mixed company.

das

^ the girl understands things pretty well ! Have to share rep around, sorry, that deserved a +1...it's funny, the other day you said you appreciated the company of men. You must really think women are boring as holy fukking shiit I'm going to DIE boring if you actually prefer the company of men. Men are basically interested in establishing their impossibly mindless bias for whoever they support, for whatever equally uninteresting and utterly remote reason. They respect another man when he "knows his stuff", that's really good amongst men when you can show you're top notch at the same craft they like. You're amongst a group of fat fuccks (with penises, I mean) sitting on an old couch and you're watching sports, you make a pertinent remark about something technical there, some technical aspect, and they like you. Like, ooh, the guy 'knows'. Men are way more inclined to becoming clinical narcissists, and that tendency, though sometimes not completely achieved, shows constantly. It's all about how great I am and how shiitty you are. It's the whole territorial thing, we look evolved but we're fukking monkeys scratching our balls and being generally retarded as a mass phenomenon.
So yes, to link back to what you're saying, nothing - *NOTHING* - is more potent than a nice big fukking mess of a "discussion" when everybody complains about everything, like it matters. The potential for conflict, confrontation and opposing views is what keeps us going. We'd be entirely useless without it.
A man LOVES his scapegoats, a face, someone to point at. And they love to feel like they belong somewhere, or have a team that represents them. And winning is all.

And yeah, the "rubme" thing, totally annoying...Rugby should obviously be called "ovalball". Hey I'm bored and happen to be 6'4, 120kg...let's go in the backyard and play some ovalball. See ?
Oh and I really have a problem with people calling Rugby players..."FOOTBALLERS". Yes I know both sports come from the same origin and yadi yada, but I don't give a shiit, there's gotta be a way you can avoid calling the dude a FOOTBALLER. I HATE it so much !! :D
"oh look at the skill that guy is showing, he's really developed into a fantastic footballer". :vomit:

^ the girl understands things pretty well ! Have to share rep around, sorry, that deserved a +1...it's funny, the other day you said you appreciated the company of men. You must really think women are boring as holy fukking shiit I'm going to DIE boring if you actually prefer the company of men. Men are basically interested in establishing their impossibly mindless bias for whoever they support, for whatever equally uninteresting and utterly remote reason. They respect another man when he "knows his stuff", that's really good amongst men when you can show you're top notch at the same craft they like. You're amongst a group of fat fuccks (with penises, I mean) sitting on an old couch and you're watching sports, you make a pertinent remark about something technical there, some technical aspect, and they like you. Like, ooh, the guy 'knows'. Men are way more inclined to becoming clinical narcissists, and that tendency, though sometimes not completely achieved, shows constantly. It's all about how great I am and how shiitty you are. It's the whole territorial thing, we look evolved but we're fukking monkeys scratching our balls and being generally retarded as a mass phenomenon.
So yes, to link back to what you're saying, nothing - *NOTHING* - is more potent than a nice big fukking mess of a "discussion" when everybody complains about everything, like it matters. The potential for conflict, confrontation and opposing views is what keeps us going. We'd be entirely useless without it.
A man LOVES his scapegoats, a face, someone to point at. And they love to feel like they belong somewhere, or have a team that represents them. And winning is all.

And yeah, the "rubme" thing, totally annoying...Rugby should obviously be called "ovalball". Hey I'm bored and happen to be 6'4, 120kg...let's go in the backyard and play some ovalball. See ?
Oh and I really have a problem with people calling Rugby players..."FOOTBALLERS". Yes I know both sports come from the same origin and yadi yada, but I don't give a shiit, there's gotta be a way you can avoid calling the dude a FOOTBALLER. I HATE it so much !! :D
"oh look at the skill that guy is showing, he's really developed into a fantastic footballer". :vomit:

Yeah, but if you say he's an 'ovalballer' they might think he has oddly-shaped wee bits. ;)

And you have summed up men and discussions quite perfectly. Here's the difference between hanging with a bunch of guys, and with a bunch of girls - if you don't agree with the guys, they puff out their chests and call you a stupid f*&%, but if you don't agree with the girls they get damn nasty, biting and pulling hair and scratching - only with words instead of with hands and teeth. Then they cry. It's terrible. I've had clashes with both on the net - nasty ones - and I'll take a clash with the guys over a clash with the girls ANY day.

It's interesting that you say:

Men are basically interested in establishing their impossibly mindless bias for whoever they support, for whatever equally uninteresting and utterly remote reason. They respect another man when he "knows his stuff", that's really good amongst men when you can show you're top notch at the same craft they like.

I have found this to be very true, both in places like this and in real life. It's easy to feel a bit intimidated when you can't quite be that person who 'knows his stuff' in a male-dominated discussion, but I also find that guys will give a woman a bit of a break ('she's a girl, she's not supposed to know this stuff'). I also find that guys are not quite as enthusiastic when the girl knows more than they do, so it's best to play dumb sometimes and let them be the teachers, especially if you see them getting agitated. (However, here I DO appreciate the 'teachers' in the group since I often had questions about the game that I genuinely do not know the answers to, and I appreciate their patience in explaining things to me).

That said, I have had my BEST discussions with men, especially when they get a bit more theoretical or philosophical. I just can't seem to have those types of conversations with women - they all say such discussions are 'too deep' for them. I think this might the result of centuries of suppression, in that women have this mindset that they will never be as smart as men. Now, I am NOT a 'liberated' woman (I actually consider my husband the head of household - mostly because I can then blame him when things go sideways :) ), but I also think women underestimate themselves, perhaps because a man can be as dumb as a bag of hammers and yet everyone respects his opinion over that of a more intelligent woman. I think that's all I've ever wanted in this world where it comes to 'equality' - respect the fact that I can be as intelligent - or more so - than a man, and have a conversation based on such intelligence.

Now, back to 'ovalball' and 'footballers'. Downside to calling it 'ovalball' is that it sound a lot like 'overball', and that can be even worse than the rugby/rubme thing. Wobblyball might be more accurate...but not very manly. In some climes 'mudball' would be the most fitting name, but alas, with the new turf players aren't getting quite as dirty as before. When you think about the game - how it's played - maybe 'Battleball' would be a fitting name. Then the players could be referred to as 'Battleballers'...sort of like Battlebots, but without the robots...in most cases, that is. :p

das

^ fkn hell, still can't rep you !! It's cool you're not one of those "liberated" women. By no means men are superior, but we're just different. But that's its own discussion.

About "knowing" and being the intimidating presence and all that, I never got that. I occasionally have this situation when someone uses a word or talks about someone, some famous politician or athlete or wtvr, and I stop them and go 'who's that ?' and they look at me like I'm an alien with this stupid stare and stop for a while and ask me again "you don't know *this person* ?!!". It's like they expect you to blush or smt or feel guilty, I love it. NO I don't know that person, are you going to tell me who he is or should I just walk away ?
Women have their faults, like FKKNG hell they do, but men's pretension is just somethin else. There's far more patience in women, and they don't have this monumental stuckupness about things and that whole "knowledge complex". They naturally understand some things aren't really all that important, and thank God. We really are complementary, because if the world were made of 100% either one this would be Hell down here.

Yeah and Rugby should be called 'brutal ball' or 'mass ball', yeah. "Battleball" sounds like another one of those epilepsy-inducing Japanese crazy videogames. No offense, of course...
And speaking of which, still no posts about Rugby...reaaaaaally disappointed in this forum, tisk tisk tisk...:rolleyes:

^ fkn hell, still can't rep you !! It's cool you're not one of those "liberated" women. By no means men are superior, but we're just different. But that's its own discussion.

About "knowing" and being the intimidating presence and all that, I never got that. I occasionally have this situation when someone uses a word or talks about someone, some famous politician or athlete or wtvr, and I stop them and go 'who's that ?' and they look at me like I'm an alien with this stupid stare and stop for a while and ask me again "you don't know *this person* ?!!". It's like they expect you to blush or smt or feel guilty, I love it. NO I don't know that person, are you going to tell me who he is or should I just walk away ?
Women have their faults, like FKKNG hell they do, but men's pretension is just somethin else. There's far more patience in women, and they don't have this monumental stuckupness about things and that whole "knowledge complex". They naturally understand some things aren't really all that important, and thank God. We really are complementary, because if the world were made of 100% either one this would be Hell down here.

Yeah and Rugby should be called 'brutal ball' or 'mass ball', yeah. "Battleball" sounds like another one of those epilepsy-inducing Japanese crazy videogames. No offense, of course...
And speaking of which, still no posts about Rugby...reaaaaaally disappointed in this forum, tisk tisk tisk...:rolleyes:

I hear ya about 'battleball' - though it does roll of the tough quite nicely. :)

Other possible rugby name alternatives:

Scrimmage/Scrummage
Brawlball
Rumbleball
Ruckus/Ruckusball
Grappleball

And my personal favorite:

WedgieBall! :D

As far as the male/female convo - I'm with ya 100%. :) Very busy, so gotta run, but will try to add more later! And remember, it's Wedgieball!

das

Latest posts