• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The technology thread

Elon Musk's idiotic decision to make the blue marks something you could just buy is the gift that keeps on giving... Honestly don't understand how the guy is deemed to be some genius, this was something people saw and warned about well ahead of time. However Musk likes his "free speech" so maybe he is happy to deal with these consequences.

Everytime I go on twitter i see more and more insane things
Elon bragging today about turning off unneeded microservices today to boost speed.... accidentally turned off text message 2FA, locking tons of people out of their accounts

Plus this:

American tax dollars (in the form of billions of dollars of Space X subsidies) now funding Elon's twitter jaunt

Last edited:
Musk has now been fact checked by Twitter over his claims that insulin is expensive to produce, hence the price gouging in the USA and only the USA.

Do you ever look at some rich people and wonder how the hell they got so rich when they are clearly moronic?

Musk now making statements that Twitter is slow due to bad coding. One of the engineers who had been with the company for 6 years contradicted him. Musk has now fired him.

He is little more than a petulant man child.

Musk now making statements that Twitter is slow due to bad coding. One of the engineers who had been with the company for 6 years contradicted him. Musk has now fired him.

He is little more than a petulant man child.
Fired their lead infrastructure engineer after she called him out because he was trashing her team despite not understanding anything about what they do

Really speed running destroying twitter

This tech blogger's opinion, but backed up by others including Marques Brownlee who I follow. .

Last edited:

At this stage I'm convinced Musk is just trying to destroy Twitter and is prepared to **** billions down the toilet to do so. These are not the actions of a sane person hoping to grow a business.

At this stage I'm convinced Musk is just trying to destroy Twitter and is prepared to **** billions down the toilet to do so. These are not the actions of a sane person hoping to grow a business.
Seen it reported that 70-80% of staff have resigned as a response to that email - baring in mind that he already fired 50% of staff when he joined, so that's twitter down to 10-20% of it's initial staff levels

Twitter now scrabbling to hire staff, offering big retention bonuses (seen some ex-Tweeps say they were essentially offered a blank cheque and told to name any figure) and Elon personally meeting with senior engineers to try and convince them to stay

Looking forward to the next episode, the Netflix documentary about this is going to be fire

At some point he'll make it so toxic to advertisers his only option will be to shut it down.

Crazy. He's gonna run down into the ground. For what exactly?
The fact he had tweeted a picture of the Twitter logo on a gravestone to me shows he definitely is just trying to destroy Twitter. Spending billions to just destroy Twitter, it's staggering... Destroying the lives of 10000s over some personal vendetta? Musk is a ****.

Ah were into conspiracy theory time. Here's what happened

Rich Man with strong Project Managament credentials bought a highly successful company in a tech space and business area he knew nothing about. Decided because he once did some Engineering 20 years ago he knew better than his 1000's of employees who have way more experience than him.

So what about Tesla and SpaceX well those are companies essentially from the ground up. Musk can build a small team of people he trusts directly and they can go lead the teams for them to be successful. As Musk trusts those that report to him he doesn't question the complete culture they are making.

With Twitter he went in with complete distrust of the system and the execs running the show. He perceived problem with a business that massively successful that kind of just needed to carry on with what it was doing. But he's decided he knows better and has ****** off virtually the entire team.

I've seen this happen at work on a far smaller scale it ended with the Cheif Engineer saying the Project Manager (who supposedly was rich and didnt need to work but joined us for somethjng to do) was no longer allowed to attend meeting with the engineering team and then got booted to a diffrent team entirely his reputation was terrible when I left. It's fascinating to watch the exact same thing with an entire multi billion dollar company.

At some point he'll make it so toxic to advertisers his only option will be to shut it down.
I thought he already had - with Republicans complaining that they're all being woke snowflakes who should be forced to fund twitter forevermore, rather than seeing their favoured market forces in action.

Crazy. He's gonna run down into the ground. For what exactly?
I thought he wanted to lock then INSIDE their offices - lest they dare to try working from home at any point.

nec audiendi qui solent dicere vox populi vox dei quum tumultuositas vulgi semper insaniae proxima sit

Latest posts