• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Tennis Thread.

Novak Djokovic Sport GIF by Australian Open

Too good. Number 10 AO and number 22 slams to tie with Rafa and back to no.1.

B6867C1D-5293-49BA-AA57-887EC96F9540.jpeg

Welcome back to the new world number 1. But needs to defend Miami and do the sunshine double to retain.

It's unacceptable regardless, but I honestly don't understand the logic behind the decision. Even if you are sexist, surely you would expect some backlash and realise that for the sake of your event you will have to apologise...

Yeh Madrid masters has always been a bit Un PC. With the model ball girls. Expect that the speeches to be rectified next year though.

French open starts Sunday. Just read Rafa is out and also unlikely to make Wimbledon. Right decision seeing he hasn't played a match since AO.

Not exactly tennis, but there didn't seem to be a great deal of point in creating a Badminton thread just for this. Some amazing skill and stamina though…..

Roland Garros is so backward relying on marks rather than using Hawkeye.

He can't stay away from controversy.

Not exactly tennis, but there didn't seem to be a great deal of point in creating a Badminton thread just for this. Some amazing skill and stamina though…..

I think it's why Badminton is more accessible than tennis. Indoors, even your lower skilled level players can keep rallies going.

Last edited:

Sadly the match I was looking forward to ended in a damp squib. Not a huge fan of Novak the person but damn what a beast of a tennis player. Going for his 3rd RG and will then be the only men's player to win all slams at least 3 times.

Number 23 won in such a clinical way. Was always so nervous and stressed watching Roger play in slam finals near the end of his career. But credit to Novak and actually can appreciate how consistent he is at such a high level; an unbelievable achievement to win all 4 slams 3 times. Roger's tennis was more beautiful and Rafa's passion and spins especially at RG more vicious. Both will be more loved than Novak.

24 surely coming at Wimbledon as long as no injuries and then the calendar year grand slam would then be on and fitting if he did go on and do it to hold the all time record male and female.
As a tennis fan hope he does it.

Definitely the most overall complete player I have seen play in my lifetime on all surfaces, indoors and outdoors. An absolute beast mentally and physically.

It's a shame he'll miss the AO in his final year. His goal has to be to be back for RG and Paris Olympics on the clay. Should be much easier on the body than the hard courts.

Latest posts