• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Test Team

Why dont I get that kind of response when I post somthing stupid!

Jesus Ive lost my mojo!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kato @ Jun 9 2009, 02:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Now that we've been treated to three games and watched all there is to offer from the Lions I see not much option other than

1: Andrew Sheridan
2: Lee Mears
3: Phil Vickery
4: Paul O’Connell
5: Donncha O'Callaghan
6: Tom Croft
7: David Wallace
8: Jamie Heaslip
9: Tomas O'Leary
10: Ronan O'Gara
11: Ugo Monye
12: Riki Flutey
13: Brian O'Driscoll
14: Luke Fitzgerald
15: Rob Kearney[/b]

You seriously need to go to 606 instead. You'd be in your element.

You might get some strange disease by communicating with us *whispers* WELSHIES!!!!! :bleh!:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Jun 9 2009, 03:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Why dont I get that kind of response when I post somthing stupid!

Jesus Ive lost my mojo![/b]

He's being deadly serious though.

All his posts have just been SW/Wales wind ups. You can spot these a mile away.

Yep, I'm rising to him but only because he needs to find a new place to WUM.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SmokeyMonkey @ Jun 9 2009, 03:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kato @ Jun 9 2009, 02:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Now that we've been treated to three games and watched all there is to offer from the Lions I see not much option other than

7: David Wallace <-- Again close between him and Williams.
8: Jamie Heaslip <-- Best choice so far.[/b]
Ok, i'll bite... If you're joking then f***ing funny....
[/b][/quote]

Kinda disagree with the David Wallace, don't think it's particularly close at the moment seeing as Williams has been injured and it's hard to see him fignting into the team. I also think I've read somewhere that he's struggling with the altitude.

And I'm curios about the words following Heaslip. Do you think Powell has a chance of proving himself a better player than he's shown so far or do you see R. Jones fighting for a spot now? Or is it a kind of disclaimer?

15- Byrne
14- Bowe
13- O'Driscoll
12- Roberts
11- Fitzgerald
10- S Jones
9- Phillips

8- Heaslip
7- Wallace
6- Croft
5- Wyn Jones
4- O'Connell
3- A Jones
2- Mears
1- Jenkins

Bench- Vickery, Rees, Hinds, Ryan Jones (mainly beacuse he can cover 6 and 8), Ellis, Rog, Flutey

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bristol-iain @ Jun 11 2009, 07:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
15- Byrne
14- Bowe
13- O'Driscoll
12- Roberts
11- Fitzgerald
10- S Jones
9- Phillips

8- Heaslip
7- Wallace
6- Croft
5- Wyn Jones
4- O'Connell
3- A Jones
2- Mears
1- Jenkins

Bench- Vickery, Rees, Hinds, Ryan Jones (mainly beacuse he can cover 6 and 8), Ellis, Rog, Flutey[/b]
Jones, ha ha ha ha !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Jun 10 2009, 12:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
And I'm curios about the words following Heaslip. Do you think Powell has a chance of proving himself a better player than he's shown so far or do you see R. Jones fighting for a spot now? Or is it a kind of disclaimer?[/b]

I think that Powell would be on equal footing at least if he had a decent backrow to work with, he's been with Worsley at 7 FFS. He works well in a balanced back-row just like anyone would. So I don't rate Heaslip as a "better player" than him. They're different but about equal. No doubt Heaslip will start the tests alongside Croft though, and most likely Wallace.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SmokeyMonkey @ Jun 12 2009, 07:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Jun 10 2009, 12:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And I'm curios about the words following Heaslip. Do you think Powell has a chance of proving himself a better player than he's shown so far or do you see R. Jones fighting for a spot now? Or is it a kind of disclaimer?[/b]

I think that Powell would be on equal footing at least if he had a decent backrow to work with, he's been with Worsley at 7 FFS. He works well in a balanced back-row just like anyone would. So I don't rate Heaslip as a "better player" than him. They're different but about equal. No doubt Heaslip will start the tests alongside Croft though, and most likely Wallace.
[/b][/quote]
Don't often disagree with you.

Powell does not come close to Heaslip. Carthorse v Racehorse.

All falling into place now.

Byrne
Bowe
BOD
Roberts
Monye
Jones
Phillips
Heaslip
Williams
Wallace
O'Connell
AWJ
Vickery
Mears
Jenkins

Bench:
Ford
Sheridan
Hines
Croft
Ellis
Hook
Kearney

I'd go for:

Byrne
Bowe
O'Driscoll
Roberts
Monye
Jones
Phillips
Heaslip
Wallace
Croft
O'Connell
O'Callaghan
Vickery
Mears
Jenkins

The 4, 6 and 7 are the only debateable positions now, imo. I wouldn't be unhappy with a Croft and Wallace combination, though I don't think O'Callaghan should start.

10 and 11 are still open for debate too Speedy. The 3 shirt isn't though after Rowntree confessed his love for Vickery live on Sky sports yesterday.

1. Jenkins
2. Mears
3. Vickery
4. Hines
5. O'Connell
6. Worsley
7. Wallace
8. Heaslip
9. Phillips
10. Jones
11. Fitzgerald
12. Roberts
13. BOD
14. Bowe
15. Byrne

That is what I think the test team will be, personally I'd have DOC in for Hines, Williams in for Wurzel with Wally moving to 6, and Murray in for Vicks.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Jun 14 2009, 04:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
All falling into place now.

Byrne
Bowe
BOD
Roberts
Monye
Jones
Phillips
Heaslip
Williams
Wallace
O'Connell
AWJ
Vickery
Mears
Jenkins

Bench:
Ford
Sheridan
Hines
Croft
Ellis
Hook
Kearney[/b]

Id go with that!

Although Id personally play Adam Jones in front of Vickery!

Murray hasn't done squat to justify inclusion. His abysmal game against the Cheaters can testify to that.

I wouldn't be unhappy with ROG starting, but I think Jones has done more to be picked. Plus Geech will want to go with combinations; Phillips is a cert, so I could see Jones starting as a result.

Doncha could get in on that basis, though both Hines and AWJ have shown more (granted DOC hasn't had many opportunities). Plus I feel DOC can be a liability.

I hope Fitzgerald starts... But he's only started one game. Can't see him starting on Tuesday AND on Saturday, personally.

And OMFG I hope you're wrong on the Worsley count, MM.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Jun 14 2009, 06:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Murray hasn't done squat to justify inclusion[/b]

Didn't noticing him completely turning the tide against Western province? Vickery was getting monstered in the scrum and the whole Lions pack was going backwards until he came on.

Just watched my recording, and the last two scrums Vickery was in involved us winning the ball against the head in one, and securing possession the other. So 'monstered' is a gross exaggeration. Admittedly, Murray did a very good job off the bench though.

All the positions in bold are still up for debate, the rest are pretty much selected.

15. Byrne
14. Bowe
13. BOD
12. Roberts
11. Fitzgerald. Monye has been solid and hasnt looked particularly weak, but Fitzgerald has a better defensive and kicking game.
10. Jones. Was a shoe-in but didnt do brilliantly over the weekend. He'll still proably play but O'Gara's kicking game should have him take the bench position. People talking about Hook coering multiple positions forget about Fitzgerald and Bowe's flexibility.
9. Phillips
8. Heaslip
7. Williams Wouldnt have played him until he he decided to turn up this weekend. He was nowhere near as impressive as Sky commentators would have you think, but worth the place given the importance of the breakdown.
6. Wallace Again with the breakdown in mind I'd take Wallace over Croft.
5. O'Connell
4. AWJ Any of the others except Shaw could play and I wouldnt be too unhappy. I'd still go with AWJ over Hines and O'Callaghan.
3. Murray Could be Vickery but I'd prefer to see Murray packing down for that first scrum.
2. Mears
1. Jenkins

To be honest there arent many combinations that would upset me.

1. Jenkins
2. Mears
3. Vickery
4. Hines
5. O'Connell
6. Croft
7. Wallace
8. Heaslip

9.Phillips
10. Jones
11. Monye
12. Roberts